Romo in the booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romo in the booth

Overall I guess I'd give him a B. He said a few odd things but gave some very insightful comments on details of play that were at a higher level than you typically hear and he seemed rather impartial, unlike Simms and Fouts.

But best of all he brought up how the Broncos had lost close games or won against teams with good records during a tough stretch of schedule and now with easier games coming we might be the dark horse for the playoffs.

I think Tony is a Great Announce 10 Times better than Phil Simms or Chris Collinsworthless

Comment

He is fantastic, by far the best. He is interesting to listen to, comes across as unbiased even in Dallas games and gives great insight.

The NFL has some of the poorest refs in any sport, but you guys are blessed with commentators, you have a lot of really good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        He is fantastic, by far the best. He is interesting to listen to, comes across as unbiased even in Dallas games and gives great insight.

The NFL has some of the poorest refs in any sport, but you guys are blessed with commentators, you have a lot of really good ones.
        I agree, he’s done a pretty good job 80 percent of the time unlike that biased horses rear Michael Irvin

Comment

I like him... and Jason witten is pretty darn good too...
          sigpic

Comment

Loved Romo as a qb. If he didn’t play for the Cowboys, more people would have appreciated him the way he deserved. Love him as a commentator. I saw someone in another thread mention that he was obviously biased toward the Steelers and thought that wasn’t even close to the truth. The dude was giving more credit to the Broncos than any other commentator or analyst I’ve listened to all year.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              I like him... and Jason witten is pretty darn good too...
              One of these is not like the other.

Comment

The worst of all time was Randy Cross. He made my ears bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyFlash1 View Post
                  Overall I guess I'd give him a B. He said a few odd things but gave some very insightful comments on details of play that were at a higher level than you typically hear and he seemed rather impartial, unlike Simms and Fouts.

But best of all he brought up how the Broncos had lost close games or won against teams with good records during a tough stretch of schedule and now with easier games coming we might be the dark horse for the playoffs.
                  I like Tony Romo as an announcer. On the play where Grimble almost scored a touchdown (before fumbling in the end zone) he commented on the Steelers offensive formation and mentioned something about a counter, if I remember right. Also, his praise about Phillip Lindsey was spot on imo.

The only commentator that I literally won't listen to (mute the game) is Trent Dilfer. I don't what it is specifically about his voice and observations that makes watching football feel like listening to chalk screech on a chalkboard. I guess his observations are so mundane and yet the tone of his voice sounds like he has just discovered time travel or something.
                  Last edited by justabroncosfan; 11-30-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                    The worst of all time was Randy Cross. He made my ears bleed.
                    Tony Cornhieser and Dennis Miller on MNF used to annoy the heck out of me but finally the league came to their sense when they canned the corn and trash bagged Miller!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                      Tony Cornhieser and Dennis Miller on MNF used to annoy the heck out of me but finally the league came to their sense when they canned the corn and trash bagged Miller!
                      I agree. Even beyond football, Dennis Miller's voice is something I would not mind ever hearing again in my life. Miller's voice is similar in a way to Sandy Clough's voice I think for me personally. I know it's my subjective observation, but both men speak in a way that comes off as if they know more about everything than the listener.

Am I the only one who misses John Madden on MNF? He was a one of a kind in his color commentary. He commented about football in a visceral way.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyFlash1 View Post

The guys a natural.Good QB Absolutely brilliant commentator in my opinion.

Comment

I like Romo a lot! He is just what I expect from a game announcer/analyst. And I liked him right from the first game he called. He obviously knows what is happening, gives great insights as to what to expect, what needs to be changed and more.... and he does it with a friendly, cool tone. I think he is already one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
                            I agree. Even beyond football, Dennis Miller's voice is something I would not mind ever hearing again in my life. Miller's voice is similar in a way to Sandy Clough's voice I think for me personally. I know it's my subjective observation, but both men speak in a way that comes off as if they know more about everything than the listener.

Am I the only one who misses John Madden on MNF? He was a one of a kind in his color commentary. He commented about football in a visceral way.
                            You are not.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I liked Romo and I feel it was a great move and he is a Huuuuuge improvement over Simms.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X