Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Watching KC vs Ravens - Romo seems obsessed with talking about screen plays.

Leave a comment:

• Chop_Block
    replied
    Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I agree. Even beyond football, Dennis Miller's voice is something I would not mind ever hearing again in my life. Miller's voice is similar in a way to Sandy Clough's voice I think for me personally. I know it's my subjective observation, but both men speak in a way that comes off as if they know more about everything than the listener.

Am I the only one who misses John Madden on MNF? He was a one of a kind in his color commentary. He commented about football in a visceral way.
    Loved Dennis Miller on MNF. I thought he was great and added so much wit and humor to the game, I loved it.
    Also, I think Romo is very good. He brings out game subtleties better than most.

Leave a comment:

• swingarm
    replied
    He's better then a lot of them but sometimes he needs to end his insights a sentence or two earlier.

Leave a comment:

• mainBroncos60
    replied
    I like Romo too. He's kinda fun to listen to. However his gravelly, hoarse voice does bother me a little.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think Romo is awful. He's too busy talking to actually add details that mean a lot. I want a color guy to paint the picture on the field from what I can't see on TV, instead Romo just talks. He also gets a lot wrong. From last week when he talked about "the Broncos just using another ay to get a double team" when the coverage was definitely either cover 3 or cover 4 (not a defense with double coverage in it). To when he was speculating on why Pittsburgh turned down a penalty that you could see they accepted and the officials were just discussing exactly how it would be enforced.

He's not Phil Simms bad "oh wow Jeeem" but he's not nearly as good as the praise that's heaped on him.

Collinsworth is great. I understand people dislike his voice, but he tells you something about what's going on, or what just happened, then the replay almost always confirms that and he explains what he's talking about using the replay. From an X's and O's perspective there's no one better as a color commentator.

In my opinion.
    agreed. I think he is the best out there too.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    His voice has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that his color commentary is tainted with his personal bias!

Ruins games with his "ring less :lombardi: perspective," IMO.
    what bias is that?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I think people wrongly attribute bias to Collinsworth.

I’ve had chances to listen to him far more than I have Romo, who I’ve maybe listened to once or twice.

Romo doesn’t have any rings so I guess that means you think he ruins games too.
    agreed. I think he calls em like he sees em. When teams make bad plays he calls it that way and fans think it's because he is he hates them. I watched the Football Life show about him a week or so ago. he said he gets mail from fans every team asking why he hates that team.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I really like Romo in the booth. He's an ok announcer too. badum tsh.

Seriously though, I think he's pretty good, and way better than I thought he would be. I remember thinking he would suck, and Cutler would be better. I was way off, but in my defense we never got to hear Cutler. And I still want some Jay Cutler calling games, because if he kept it real, he could bring a whole new flavor to the games. Much like Kosar used to do for the Cleveland preseason games. It was hilarious listening to Kosar just destroy 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks.

I can't think of too many announcers I'd rather hear than Romo. I can't stand Mike Tirico. Dan Fouts kind of sucks. Al Michaels occasionally says some of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard, but it's more funny than obnoxious. Tirico is just obnoxious, and I can't stand him. I don't know how many times I've said, "Shut up troll" while he was calling games. Never had a problem with Simms or Collinsworth. Also, I think Joe Tessitore is doing an amazing job right now. I always loved him announcing boxing, and he brings the same energy to the NFL. It might be a little over the top, but he makes games more exciting than they really are, and I think that's the whole point.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    His voice has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that his color commentary is tainted with his personal bias!

I think people wrongly attribute bias to Collinsworth.

I’ve had chances to listen to him far more than I have Romo, who I’ve maybe listened to once or twice.

Romo doesn’t have any rings so I guess that means you think he ruins games too.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    I think Romo is awful. He's too busy talking to actually add details that mean a lot. I want a color guy to paint the picture on the field from what I can't see on TV, instead Romo just talks. He also gets a lot wrong. From last week when he talked about "the Broncos just using another ay to get a double team" when the coverage was definitely either cover 3 or cover 4 (not a defense with double coverage in it). To when he was speculating on why Pittsburgh turned down a penalty that you could see they accepted and the officials were just discussing exactly how it would be enforced.

He's not Phil Simms bad "oh wow Jeeem" but he's not nearly as good as the praise that's heaped on him.

Collinsworth is great. I understand people dislike his voice, but he tells you something about what's going on, or what just happened, then the replay almost always confirms that and he explains what he's talking about using the replay. From an X's and O's perspective there's no one better as a color commentator.

In my opinion.
    LoL, so what do you really think?

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied

In my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied

In my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    I like Chris Collinsworth as a commentator... does that make me a bad person?
    No. To each his/her own. It's a matter of style and taste.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Collinsworth is a super hero... at annoying!!

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    I don't listen all that much to "color analysts" and don't really care much for any of them. Romo was fine in the beginning (I have to add a disclaimer that other than Bronco games I don't watch much anymore, I don't even watch all Bronco games ... anymore) with him but lately not so much. Still I probably would say he gets a C+ from me FWTW My buddy and wife that watch the game with me say I am much better at commenting than any they hear. Romo seemed annoying to me the last game but I don't remember why.

JOHN MADDEN WAS GREAT! I was a Raider fan back when Madden coached too. sorry... wait not sorry )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X