Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we keep anyone from the 2018 coaching staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      They should keep 5 of them: the 2 o-line coaches, the RB and WR coaches and Kollar.
      Why are "we" so high on the OLine coaches and yet there are a ton of complaints about the OLine talent??? Cognitive dissonance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
        Why are "we" so high on the OLine coaches and yet there are a ton of complaints about the OLine talent??? Cognitive dissonance.
        Due to the amount of injuries that required a lot of personnel moves on the line and how they showed improvement throughout the season.

Comment

Long as Joe Woods is out the door, I am happy.

Comment

Through the 3 game win streak, it looked like the o-line was coming together. On the road in SF, they started out bad and only got worse from there. The biggest problem I saw was no accountability. Bose would get flagged for holding and he just looks up like "what did I do?" He knows very well, what he did, this is not high school..It was constant, and eras like that are drive killers. We have not had a real O-line since Shanny was the HC. Parts of the run blocking last season was good,but the pass blocking had Case running for his life. I think it is time for some new blood at the coaching levels. Time to move forward, as the same ol, same ol, will only get us the same ol thing.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Due to the amount of injuries that required a lot of personnel moves on the line and how they showed improvement throughout the season.
              To build on Rastic point we went from bottom 5 and bottom 10 in sacks allowed the previous two years to much better ranking in 2018

IMO after the 2017 season fixing the team pass protection was a min 2 year job and imo we did a weak job of acquiring good talent in terms of players in 2018 off season. Maybe some of the young guys we got can be coached up but in 2018 season ... it did not show.

Also the team run blocking was exceptional imo. Not only do the obvious stats show this but also the not so obvious....Lindsay was at one time number 1 in rushers with yards before contact. Part of that is Linday's vision/patience but also part is how good the blocking was.

Watching the run blocking was also very impressive early on in the season.

We need to get better at team pass protection but considering our starting point years ago I think the OL coaching has been making good improvements.

With all that said going through all the different posts in all the different areas in the main forum it seems like we losing both OL coaches.
              Last edited by Hadez; 01-14-2019, 09:06 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
              X