Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk Fangio Defense - What Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk Fangio Defense - What Changes?

Hey Guys!

Pretty excited for the Fangio Hire.

What do you all expect to change on Defense under him?

Do you all see any glaring needs that we need to address in order to make his D run?

Personally I think we need to address LB. I don't believe the guys we have are fast enough for the type of D that Fangio runs. I would also see us addresses push on the D line as well.

What do you all see changing?

apparently Vic runs a lot of zone, so that'll be a big change. maybe this will help Roby?

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        I love it!! Now we just need some solid DBs next to Harris

Comment

I wonder if he keeps woods and just over sees .

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            I wonder if he keeps woods and just over sees .
            imo, woods is out the door. There are a couple teams looking at him for their DB coach

Comment

Fangio will obviously have a big influence over the defense both in terms of scheme and during game planning during the week, but I doubt he'll be running the defense on game day. Long hours was a factor in Kubiak's health. He'd spend a normal day being the HC and then reportedly spent hours into the night past everyone else looking at film, etc. Will Fangio be the same and, if so, how long will he last at 60 years old?

If not, then the DC hire will be very important as he will have as much game by game influence over the defense as Fangio. Will the DC be someone with a decent track record himself, a younger guy Fangio might mentor, or someone with knowledge of his defense who could seamlessly run it? A name to consider - Ed Donatell. He's been DB coach with Fangio in both Chicago and San Francisco. Has prior DC experience, although mixed results. Also coached with the Broncos previously.

Comment

I want Woods out the door! Anyway we can real in Pagano as DC? Even possible?
                Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

he is a pretty solid 3-4 guy. he is also a ILB guy. so i expect us to change our drafting priority. i think this may be the best set of pass rusher he has ever worked with.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    I love it!! Now we just need some solid DBs next to Harris
                    Everyone is going to love this until the first time they give up a big play in a zone defense. Then the game day thread will be full of "why are we running zone when man is our strength? Fangio is no better than Woods."

Comment

I can see the return of Danny T!!!! Yay!!!!!!
                      #swapping

Comment

I would go after William's. Been good to have Bowles but that ship sailed .

Comment

Gregg Williams was let go. Bring him in.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Gregg Williams was let go. Bring him in.
                            You think Fangio will even have a DC? I see him calling his own defense

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                              Everyone is going to love this until the first time they give up a big play in a zone defense. Then the game day thread will be full of "why are we running zone when man is our strength? Fangio is no better than Woods."
                              it may not be anymore....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X