Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk Fangio Defense - What Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he is a pretty solid 3-4 guy. he is also a ILB guy. so i expect us to change our drafting priority. i think this may be the best set of pass rusher he has ever worked with.
    Now go get CJ Moseley

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
      Now go get CJ Moseley
      I am ready, super excited about the possibilities of enticing certain defensive players here now with this hire. Offensive guys want to go where they know they'll have success and it's no different with defensive guys. LBs especially will want to play for Fangio so I fully expect one of the best free agents to land here

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        it may not be anymore....
        Exactly, and as long as we aren’t predictable Harris will make plays in either concept.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I sort of wished he ran a 4-3 d. I feel Chubbs talents would be better suited in the long run that way. Plus, this means Walker time here is dwindling downwards. Which is a shame because I think he has a lot of potential but needs the scheme that’s fits him.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            You think Fangio will even have a DC? I see him calling his own defense
            Preparing defense for a game is more work and more time consuming than either O or STs. Even if Fangio called the D, he must have a DC to do all the prep. Otherwise it would detract from HC duties.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              I sort of wished he ran a 4-3 d. I feel Chubbs talents would be better suited in the long run that way. Plus, this means Walker time here is dwindling downwards. Which is a shame because I think he has a lot of potential but needs the scheme that’s fits him.
              word is, he runs something like a 4-3 under and sounds very similar to what they have been running already. Here is an article from 3 years ago that talks about it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                he is a pretty solid 3-4 guy. he is also a ILB guy. so i expect us to change our drafting priority. i think this may be the best set of pass rusher he has ever worked with.
                Bears drafted R. Smith for him last year at 10, right? Maybe we go ILB Devin White at 10, unless DTs like Williams or Oliver or Simmons or that Clemson kid fall.

Comment

Need to get better or faster linebackers, Fangio keeps his ILB's on the field in most situations. Not a lot of nickel and dime.

Comment

Do you think the Broncos make a run at Earl Thomas and bring in a solid veteran leader, assuming he's 100% after his injury could help elevate our secondary and coach up the rookies!

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      I love it!! Now we just need some solid DBs next to Harris
                      Simmons is an athletic freak and I would say he is decent I. man-to-man but how successful could we expect him to be in zone coverages.

I expect Parks to shine though!

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                        Now go get CJ Moseley
                        CJ Moseley and Malik Jackson!

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                          Everyone is going to love this until the first time they give up a big play in a zone defense. Then the game day thread will be full of "why are we running zone when man is our strength? Fangio is no better than Woods."
                          Nope. Man coverage was our strength. With Harris I'd say yeah, but with Roby, nope, no way, no how. Our secondary needs a reboot.

Besides, as the video above describes, Fangio is less than predictable (a major flaw even Harris was vocal about) and mixes up his coverage.

Comment

Bryce Callahan is an UFA started 10 games in Chicago - played in 13 - 45 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 INTs.

Worth a look, knows the system VF likes.

Comment

Originally posted by thescienceguy View Post
                              apparently Vic runs a lot of zone, so that'll be a big change. maybe this will help Roby?
                              Well, if that’s the case they better trade Harris.

I can already hear him throwing shade at the coaches because he doesn’t like the defense, rather than taking responsibility to play the way he’s being asked to play.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                Well, if that’s the case they better trade Harris.

I can already hear him throwing shade at the coaches because he doesn’t like the defense, rather than taking responsibility to play the way he’s being asked to play.
                                Wouldn't be the first time. I fear he's been more influenced by Talib than by Champ

Comment

Working...
                                X