Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk Fangio Defense - What Changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    As I just heard on the radio, we allowed less points per game this year than our 2015 season.
    and with a losing season, that's not really something to brag about.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
      Changes you ask? Probably better start with finding a DC. Woods is most likely GONE. Thank you Jesus!!!

"So Joe, whatchu finna do?"

Comment

As I just heard on the radio, we allowed less points per game this year than our 2015 season.
        Yep. Leads me to believe that Keenum and Musgrave were bigger detractors to this team than the overall defense.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

In 2015 the Broncos defense allowed 18.5 points/game. In 2018 the defense allowed 21.8 points per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            "So Joe, whatchu finna do?"
            I wish him the best, I truly think this is the best move for us and him.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

How many games had crazy, clock eating, sustained drives by the opposing offense? Not saying the defense didn't keep us in games but that stat by itself ignores a lot of other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                I wish him the best, I truly think this is the best move for us and him.
                Agreed. Especially us.
                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Are you sure they didn't say that the Bears 2018 D gave up less points per game than the 2015 Broncos?

Comment

I predict that our pressure on opposing QB's , sacks increase and may become a record for the NFL. Our talent with his scheme.

We cover T.E.s better and take this away from opposing teams. Faster LB/DB's

As every team has talent, its how you do it and his experience will motivate the defense. Expect some discussion about this.

Comment

A lot of points from that 2015 season came from pick 6s. Or short short field situations off of turnovers and most of the time the defense held them to a FG.
                      Follow me on Twitter
                      @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                        A lot of points from that 2015 season came from pick 6s. Or short short field situations off of turnovers and most of the time the defense held them to a FG.
                        He'll want a good MLB based off of his previous teams. Not sure of what the FA market looks like this year. Jewell has the attitude but I don't know if he has the speed and range Fangio likes.

Comment

The Broncos' 2015 defense finished #1 in yards allowed [283.1 per game] and #4 in points allowed [18.5 per game].

The Broncos' 2018 defense finished #22 in yards allowed [365.1 per game] and #13 in points allowed [21.8 per game].

And then there was also that Super Bowl thing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post

We cover T.E.s better and take this away from opposing teams. Faster LB/DBS...

We do? Since when? My understanding is that this has been the thorn in our side, didn't we get gouged by the opposing tight ends?
                            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
                              We do? Since when? My understanding is that this has been the thorn in our side, didn't we get gouged by the opposing tight ends?
                              If you read the line before he noted that these are his predictions now that we have Fangio.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                The Broncos' 2015 defense finished #1 in yards allowed [283.1 per game] and #4 in points allowed [18.5 per game].

The Broncos' 2018 defense finished #22 in yards allowed [365.1 per game] and #13 in points allowed [21.8 per game].

And then there was also that Super Bowl thing.
                                And the fact our offense gave up a chunk of those points that year.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X