Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade Super Bowl 50 victory for winning seasons in '16, '17 and '18?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Now answer your own question.
    Oh hell no. Of course not. It just seemed to me that a lot a people want him gone, so I thought raising this question might put it into perspective for them. Not a chance I would make that trade. I like championships.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

HELL NO!!!

I wouldn't trade any Super Bowl victory for anything but I'd trade every Super Bowl loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
        Oh hell no. Of course not. It just seemed to me that a lot a people want him gone, so I thought raising this question might put it into perspective for them. Not a chance I would make that trade. I like championships.
        I think you're asking the wrong question. Every rational fan is happy
        that Elway made the decisions that brought a Super Bowl victory. The question is, does that victory mean Elway gets a "pass" for all his future decisions? The answer is of course not. As Elway himself said, the team is supposed to win from NOW ON, and past wins are just that - the PAST.

Comment

No way! Super Bowl Titles are everything. It's how you measure the success of a franchise, period.
          Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
            that Elway made the decisions that brought a Super Bowl victory. The question is, does that victory mean Elway gets a "pass" for all his future decisions? The answer is of course not. As Elway himself said, the team is supposed to win from NOW ON, and past wins are just that - the PAST.
            See response number 5...

Comment

Losing seasons are like death and taxes. Sooner or later you pay. Nothing better then being World Champions. Few players and coaches ever experience such a feat. But, the chemistry and timing it takes is a thing of beauty. I'm thinking I would take 3 losing seasons for every SB appearance and to think JE should be replaced is hilarious.

Comment

The question is what it is, you want to turn this into a Elway bashing feast you can go to the many littered threads already doing that

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR
                  Frankly, it's a silly question.
                  Yes. This is a pointless thread reaching extreme folly.

The average human being should be able to separate that 2015 season from what has transpired in 2016-2018.

John Fox won 4 consecutive division titles and went to a Super Bowl between 2011 and 2014. In 2018, he was already out of the league.

In the NFL, 2015 is a distant past. How many players from that campaign remain on the roster? The current state of the team shows that Elway is having some trouble fixing the mess he's created. There were 5 consecutive strong seasons with playoffs, and then 3 consecutive bad seasons including back-to-back losing records.

It's naive to pretend Elway can't be placed on the hot seat, as if he has some sort of infinite credit because of Super Bowl 50.
                  sigpic

Comment

Would you trade Super Bowl 32 and 33 victories for winning seasons in 1999, 2001, 2007 and 2008? Of course not, right? Well, then how was Mike Shanahan fired?? That's how silly this thread is.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      The question is what it is, you want to turn this into a Elway bashing feast you can go to the many littered threads already doing that
                      You have no business attempting to dictate how I choose to respond to the question. It also makes no sense to define "Elway bashing" as ANY critique of his CURRENT decisions.

Comment

Agree with both of your posts, Rod.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          Yes. This is a pointless thread reaching extreme folly.

The average human being should be able to separate that 2015 season from what has transpired in 2016-2018.

John Fox won 4 consecutive division titles and went to a Super Bowl between 2011 and 2014. In 2018, he was already out of the league.

In the NFL, 2015 is a distant past. How many players from that campaign remain on the roster? The current state of the team shows that Elway is having some trouble fixing the mess he's created. There were 5 consecutive strong seasons with playoffs, and then 3 consecutive bad seasons including back-to-back losing records.

It's naive to pretend Elway can't be placed on the hot seat, as if he has some sort of infinite credit because of Super Bowl 50.
                          I'm seeing more and more of these "Joke" Threads appear on this Board from people that either have no history of regularly Posting, or very few Posts. I can't help but think there is something relative to the number of Posts on a day to day basis that has something to do with this. It reminds me of when Joe Williams (Irv and Joe) came up with the "Trade Elway for Dickerson" comments in an effort to up the ratings of the Joe and Irv radio show, and get people stirred up. It's phony. Just like the suggestion that many people on this Board want to fire Elway. Typically, the suggestion comes from people I hardly ever see Posting here, and people for whose opinion I have very little respect.

Comment

If your season ends in anything but a Super Bowl victory then your season was a failure
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                              If your season ends in anything but a Super Bowl victory then your season was a failure
                              I disagree with you to a certain extent. If a team is rebuilding, and has significantly more wins than the previous year, the season isn't a failure. But if the team has "all the pieces", as in 2012, and fails to win the super bowl, then yes, the season is a failure.

Comment

I disagree with you to a certain extent. If a team is rebuilding, and has significantly more wins than the previous year, the season isn't a failure. But if the team has "all the pieces", as in 2012, and fails to win the super bowl, then yes, the season is a failure.
                                Would you consider the Browns season a success? The quick answer is yes.

0 wins in 2017. 7 wins in 2018. The needle is pointing up. Plenty to get excited about.

But a closer look had fans and players calling for Super Bowl contention back in August. Jarvis Landry was claiming the team would average 40 points a game. By that measure it's a failure.

I honestly think the answer lies somewhere in between. By rebuilding standards as you mention yes it was a success. But I think most fans enter every season hoping for more. Realistic or not. That's why we are called fanatics.

As for the OP notion it wouldn't be rebuilding years. It would be 3 playoff years in exchange for that Super Bowl Trophy. Meaning they wouldn't be rebuilding year. They would be success years that ended in disappointment and failure. So by that measure his statement is absolutely correct that the season ending in anything except Super Bowl Victory is failure.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X