Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I would venture to say Manning with his play hamstrung the team and Kubes. There is a reason he got benched and a reason Kubes won 5 of 7 with Brock Osweiler including the Pats and home field. Tell me who else has been successful with Brock?
    Manning and Kubiak had two completely different approaches. Manning spent his entire career manipulating defenses with his mind and outsmarting them when he got them in a trap. He knew where he could count on receivers to be where he wanted them and his intuition/muscle memory supported that. The running emphasis Elway demanded completely through Manning's manipulation out of wack because that wasn't part of Manning's toolbox. The introduction of Kubiak's offense further exasterbated Manning's mental approach to manipulating defenses and that's why Manning was on record saying it was challenging for him. Have you ever done something (and well) for a good portion of your life and was one day expected to do it completely different (especially if you were Peyton Manning). Routes changed, timing changed, strategy changed, and Manning's strength was stripped from him. Instead of being THE instrumental piece to the Machine, he became a normal cog and that wasn't easy for him.

    I believe Brock found success temporarily due to lack of film. It didn't take long for defenses to run him out of town and why he isn't a starting QB anywhere.
    Last edited by XterraRob; 01-12-2019, 02:58 PM.
    I believe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
      Manning and Kubiak had two completely different approaches. Manning spent his entire career manipulating defenses with his mind and outsmarting them when he got them in a trap. He knew where he could count on receivers to be where he wanted them and his intuition/muscle memory supported that. The running emphasis Elway demanded completely through Manning's manipulation out of wack because that wasn't part of Manning's toolbox. The introduction of Kubiak's offense further exasterbated Manning's mental approach to manipulating defenses and that's why Manning was on record saying it was challenging for him. Have you ever done something (and well) for a good portion of your life and was one day expected to do it completely different (especially if you were Peyton Manning). Routes changed, timing changed, strategy changed, and Manning's strength was stripped from him. Instead of being THE instrumental piece to the Machine, he became a normal cog and that wasn't easy for him.

      I believe Brock found success temporarily due to lack of film. It didn't take long for defenses to run him out of town and why he isn't a starting QB anywhere.
      I don't know, as much as I loved Manning, it was hard to ignore he simply couldn't make the throws anymore. Kubiak' offense probably didn't help, but he was losing the ability to throw at a fast pace.

      He started wearing the gloves because he struggled to feel/grip the ball, first started with one then went to gloves on both hands. Then the report in 2015 that he didn't have feeling in his fingertips. Also, the ankle/foot injuries from 2014 on, he was struggling to set his feet and get any power into his throws.

      Comment


      • The Jags might get him and Nick Foles?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          The Jags might get him and Nick Foles?
          Yes. If the Jags do end up with Kubiak, expect us to try to trade up before them because its likely they'll want Lock. Kubiak likely knows all the offensive plans we would have made including the draft.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

          Comment


          • So as much love as everyone gave to Kubiak, it seems there wasn't enough for his coordinators from Elway. It makes sense too when you consider the fact that he fired Dennison two years ago. Kubiak wanting all his old coordinators back again seems to me that he wasn't all onboard with Elway's want to evolve the offense, or at least Elway's version of it. It also doesn't give much confidence that Kubiak was going to bring about the offense that helps transition young quarterbacks into the league - look at how much Manning struggled in his offense in the pistol formation, and recall those 20-phrase plays by Siemian? I doubt Lock or Grier are going to excel having such a complex and verbose play-call.

            This is the best outcome. Fangio may have been okay with Kubiak, but now the search for his handpicked OC will make the entire coaching staff his own.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              I have no issue with a change of direction. But this reeks of poor communication at the FO level that is not acceptable. Disappointed it ever reached this point.

              I'm assuming Elway and Kubiak had a few discussions on the future direction, HC search and how to fix the Broncos. They have only known each other for 30 years and Kubiak is currently a Football Consultant for the Broncos. Typically he is credited for the last draft and intimately involved with the Broncos decision making. So you are assuming Kubiak did not or should not have any input or insight in a HC search or direction of the team now?

              And if he was not on board with a new offensive direction or asst coaches being hired shouldn't that be resolved before they essentially announce him as the new OC?

              At some point over the last abysmal weeks of the season or over beers since it has ended there was never any indication that Elway was thinking of a new innovative offense and Kubiak might not be as enthusiastic about that direction? The philosophical differences just magically appeared or long standing?

              This just looks bad from an business organization standpoint. Broncos are in need of showing some stability. If this was a Fortune 500 company that just had the poor showings the past couple years and something similar had happened with a new Executive that bailed at the last moment the stock would plummet.

              Elway has a lot of work to do, from the top to bottom. This was unnecessary and unprofessional IMO. He's got to be better.

              Did the Broncos lead anyone to believe that Kubiak would be OC, or was it just assumed?

              I'm not sure how else Elway could have handled it, if he wasn't interested in Dennison and Kubiak was. What should he have done?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                I don't know, as much as I loved Manning, it was hard to ignore he simply couldn't make the throws anymore. Kubiak' offense probably didn't help, but he was losing the ability to throw at a fast pace.

                He started wearing the gloves because he struggled to feel/grip the ball, first started with one then went to gloves on both hands. Then the report in 2015 that he didn't have feeling in his fingertips. Also, the ankle/foot injuries from 2014 on, he was struggling to set his feet and get any power into his throws.
                This is totally true the Colts simply disposed of him cause he was washed up but he had 2 years left. 3rd year was a disaster as he could hardly even throw anymore

                Comment


                • The Truth Is Nobody Really Knows What Is Going On Behind Closed Doors. There still might be a possibility of Kubes staying in the Front Office and Helping With The Draft We Just Do Not Know ! So much false information out there we have to just wait and see. If Kubes is gone it will only be temporary because Kubes will always be a Denver Bronco !!

                  Comment


                  • If these stories are in fact correct...then I am glad we said no as a team. That tells me that Kubiak has not truly learned his lesson and that he is more keen on working with people he knows then to actually innovate an offense. I really liked Vic's overall presser and his take on offensive balance. I think it is time to see what we can do offensively with a better scheme and better play calling.

                    Comment


                    • Woody Paige earlier tweeted out that he thinks this will be the final lineup of coaches and coordinators here:

                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Woody Paige earlier tweeted out that he thinks this will be the final lineup of coaches and coordinators here:

                        Hahahahaha no way Brock Olivio!

                        Vic Fangio: Hey uh John, how bout Brock Olivio?

                        John Elway: 🤢🤮 See my feelings on Rick Dennison!!!

                        Comment


                        • Marciano has been a Special Teams coach in the NFL since 1986. That's a long time and a lot of knowledge.

                          I would think (hope) that the situation in Denver would be similar to what they have in New Orleans where they have a ST Coordinator and an assistant, and then have Mike Westhoff helping them as a guiding voice. In Denver McMahon deserves another year, and Gould seems to be trusted as well, then bring Marciano in to give them another pair of eyes, and an experienced voice to talk to.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            Woody Paige earlier tweeted out that he thinks this will be the final lineup of coaches and coordinators here:

                            I just saw a tweet from a guy at NFL Network saying we’re interviewing Scangarello Monday.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              I just saw a tweet from a guy at NFL Network saying we’re interviewing Scangarello Monday.
                              I thought I saw it to from Tom Pelissero but now I can’t find it. Guess he got ahead of himself.

                              Comment


                              • 1. Hire Munchak as OL / assistant HC
                                2. Hire Scangarello as OC
                                3. Put up a cardboard cutout as DC and let Fangio do his thing
                                4. Trade for Antonio Brown* (depending on 5)
                                5. Draft Kyler Murray (if Keenum is kept as starting QB, don't trade for AB) - he will succeed like Wilson and Mayfield before him
                                6. Draft one of the many ridiculously talented TEs in this draft (crazy deep imo)
                                7. Destroy the Chiefs!
                                Last edited by BroncosDivision; 01-13-2019, 12:16 AM.
                                Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X