Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    If any of you get a chance to go to Northern Minnesota....im talking all the way up to the boundary line, the scenery up there is beautiful!! The wild and rugged land and waters make it unbelievable.....and the fishing ain't bad either :thumb:
    I used to guide in the Boundary Waters out of Ely (not me in pic)

Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      I used to guide in the Boundary Waters out of Ely (not me in pic)

Awesome!! My dad, my brother and I make our way up to Rainy Lake for a week every year, at least we try to

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        After what transpired with the Kubiak hiring in Minnesota, good for the Broncos for not falling into that rabbit hole. I'm hoping Fangio saw Kubiak wanting to bring in his entire crew including his son but not wanting to take on the full responsibilities of a coordinator and said "thanks but no thanks". Maybe some will argue Kubiak has earned that right. Maybe he has - I personally believe if Kubiak wants to coach, then he should go all in and coach, and if he can't because of his health then he should just step aside. But since he's not going to be here, then really it's irrelevant to me.

I do appreciate Kubiak's contributions that helped us win 3 Super Bowls. I think he would have been better served working the front office with Elway but I guess he'll be happier in Minnesota so I'll just wish him good luck.
        I think it became more that the Broncos (Elway) had a pretty good idea that they could get Munchak as an o-line coach and they wanted him. Kubiak wanted Dennison and decided that was the hill he would die on. Not sure why he decided that, but he's earned that right, and the Broncos decided he had, just not in Denver.

Probably a good time for each to go their separate ways. Kubiak jr is apparently close friends with the Minnesota OC, but at some point Kubiak jr is going to need to go out on his own, and move away from his dad's influence. I'm not the biggest Kyle Shanahan fan, but he's struck out on his own, away from his dad and Kubiak and got experience coaching elsewhere which leads to a bigger reputation and bigger opportunities.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Awesome!! My dad, my brother and I make our way up to Rainy Lake for a week every year, at least we try to
          Nice. Best Walleye fishing around up north. I have friends who still spend their lives chasing after muskie up there ...as they say...fish of 1000 casts...
          sigpic

Comment

After what transpired with the Kubiak hiring in Minnesota, good for the Broncos for not falling into that rabbit hole. I'm hoping Fangio saw Kubiak wanting to bring in his entire crew including his son but not wanting to take on the full responsibilities of a coordinator and said "thanks but no thanks". Maybe some will argue Kubiak has earned that right. Maybe he has - I personally believe if Kubiak wants to coach, then he should go all in and coach, and if he can't because of his health then he should just step aside. But since he's not going to be here, then really it's irrelevant to me.

I do appreciate Kubiak's contributions that helped us win 3 Super Bowls. I think he would have been better served working the front office with Elway but I guess he'll be happier in Minnesota so I'll just wish him good luck.
            I remember when Texans fans complained that Kubiak’s greatest flaw was his cronyism I didn’t think much of it. But watching it play out here is pretty bizarre. To get Kubes (even as an assistant) you need his entire clan, and it was weird how this was being negotiated even before the head coach was picked.

But I wish him the best and hope that he comes back to the Broncos again to help our front office (but sans the clan).

Comment

• Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
              I remember when Texans fans complained that Kubiak’s greatest flaw was his cronyism I didn’t think much of it. But watching it play out here is pretty bizarre. To get Kubes (even as an assistant) you need his entire clan, and it was weird how this was being negotiated even before the head coach was picked.

But I wish him the best and hope that he comes back to the Broncos again to help our front office (but sans the clan).
              It's weird. So many were unhappy that Kubiak was allegedly part of a package deal that was being forced on the new head coach. It turns out it was Kubiak who demanded a package deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                It's weird. So many were unhappy that Kubiak was allegedly part of a package deal that was being forced on the new head coach. It turns out it was Kubiak who demanded a package deal.
                I got the sense Fangio was excited to work with Kubiak.

Then everyone realized that Kubiak wanted to bring back Dennison and crew, and that was the end of it.

Comment

• I just want to point out the fact that the Broncos have NEVER won a Super Bowl without Kubiak.

While I'm glad we won't see the bland play calling and coaching we saw from Rick Dennison during Kubiak's tenure as HC (and to think Elway actually interviewed Dennison for HC at one point), I do believe Kubes added some value in terms of player scouting and other areas. This is a mixed bag for me. Hate to see him go, but at the same time glad we didn't retread old tires on the offense again.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post

To me, if he's going to be a full blown coordinator then I understand that he would want a few assistants to work with him. But as only a consultant? Yeah sorry, that doesn't really make sense to me. Again, there are those that would argue he's earned that right and maybe he has. I just think he either needs to coach or step down.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
                      I just want to point out the fact that the Broncos have NEVER won a Super Bowl without Kubiak.

While I'm glad we won't see the bland play calling and coaching we saw from Rick Dennison during Kubiak's tenure as HC (and to think Elway actually interviewed Dennison for HC at one point), I do believe Kubes added some value in terms of player scouting and other areas. This is a mixed bag for me. Hate to see him go, but at the same time glad we didn't retread old tires on the offense again.
                      I don't think anyone's forgetting anything. But it was Kubiak who called offensive plays in 2015 and 2016, not Dennison.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just want to point out the fact that the Broncos have NEVER won a Super Bowl without Kubiak.

No doubt Kubes is one of the most important figures in Broncos history. I'll not only miss his scouting, but also his ability to work with QBs. I think he could have helped Keenum and potentially a rookie QB, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          I think it became more that the Broncos (Elway) had a pretty good idea that they could get Munchak as an o-line coach and they wanted him. Kubiak wanted Dennison and decided that was the hill he would die on. Not sure why he decided that, but he's earned that right, and the Broncos decided he had, just not in Denver.

Probably a good time for each to go their separate ways. Kubiak jr is apparently close friends with the Minnesota OC, but at some point Kubiak jr is going to need to go out on his own, and move away from his dad's influence. I'm not the biggest Kyle Shanahan fan, but he's struck out on his own, away from his dad and Kubiak and got experience coaching elsewhere which leads to a bigger reputation and bigger opportunities.
                          I honestly don't get Kubiak's obsession with Rick Dennison. It seems like everywhere he goes, he has to find a place for Dennison on his staff. I get that Kubiak wanted his son in his staff....that's fine. But...Dennison...I just don't get it. WHY???

Oh well though, love the Munchak hire. As much respect and fan-love I have for Kubiak....I am happy he is moving on with Dennison somewhere else.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

I don't think anyone's forgetting anything. But it was Kubiak who called offensive plays in 2015 and 2016, not Dennison.
                            Rick Dennison was the OC. He wasn't just some bystander.

Comment

Rick Dennison was the OC. He wasn't just some bystander.
                              I didn't say he was but Kubiak called the offensive plays when he was the coach here.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X