Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
    Until you have to live through a winter there...
    And the "Minnesota State Bird" Skeeters in the summer! What's not to love? LOL

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
      I just want to point out the fact that the Broncos have NEVER won a Super Bowl without Kubiak.

      While I'm glad we won't see the bland play calling and coaching we saw from Rick Dennison during Kubiak's tenure as HC (and to think Elway actually interviewed Dennison for HC at one point), I do believe Kubes added some value in terms of player scouting and other areas. This is a mixed bag for me. Hate to see him go, but at the same time glad we didn't retread old tires on the offense again.
      Oh, yeah. Lucky we had Kubiak directing the mediocre John Elway to 2 SB wins. Then we got lucky again, when we were saddled with Peyton Manning that we had Kubiak here to steer that ship to the SB.
      And the scouting... Kubiak was convinced we needed to move up to land Paxton Lynch. Now, when he struck out there, he was right there in John's ear recommending we go all in on Keenum. And, being able to land Vance Joseph as our head coach. Man, we owed Kubiak a lot.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        If any of you get a chance to go to Northern Minnesota....im talking all the way up to the boundary line, the scenery up there is beautiful!! The wild and rugged land and waters make it unbelievable.....and the fishing ain't bad either :thumb:
        Oh, yeah. The land of sky blue waters. And, they have a beer that comes around there, Hamms. And, it's refreshing. They call it Hamms, the beer refreshing. And, if you look around you can sometimes see the Great Hamms Bear.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
          Oh, yeah. Lucky we had Kubiak directing the mediocre John Elway to 2 SB wins. Then we got lucky again, when we were saddled with Peyton Manning that we had Kubiak here to steer that ship to the SB.
          And the scouting... Kubiak was convinced we needed to move up to land Paxton Lynch. Now, when he struck out there, he was right there in John's ear recommending we go all in on Keenum. And, being able to land Vance Joseph as our head coach. Man, we owed Kubiak a lot.
          Lol, I kind of feel the same way about Kubiak. Was happy we're just going in a new direction. I don't think any of us know however whose to blame for Paxton and Vance and not sure its fair to pin it all on Kubiak, but I don't think we'll ever truly know the percentage of responsibility. I blame everyone involved, definitively Elway as well.

          Comment


          • Gotta say, having sent Siemian and Sloter there and signing Cousins, this move may have been in the works for a year.
            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
              Oh, yeah. Lucky we had Kubiak directing the mediocre John Elway to 2 SB wins. Then we got lucky again, when we were saddled with Peyton Manning that we had Kubiak here to steer that ship to the SB.
              And the scouting... Kubiak was convinced we needed to move up to land Paxton Lynch. Now, when he struck out there, he was right there in John's ear recommending we go all in on Keenum. And, being able to land Vance Joseph as our head coach. Man, we owed Kubiak a lot.
              You don't think Kubiak was a benefit to Elway as a QB coach and OC? I bet John would tell you differently. And yes, even though you were being sarcastic, Kubiak was saddled with a broken down, decrepit Peyton Manning. What could have been a full blown QB controversy was handled brilliantly. As far as Lynch, how do you know it was Kubiak who really wanted him? I've never heard that. And, if Kubes was a fan of VJ, so was Elway, who wanted him as the DC in 2015. Finally, it was Elway who ultimately signed Keenum.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                Lol, I kind of feel the same way about Kubiak. Was happy we're just going in a new direction. I don't think any of us know however whose to blame for Paxton and Vance and not sure its fair to pin it all on Kubiak, but I don't think we'll ever truly know the percentage of responsibility. I blame everyone involved, definitively Elway as well.
                Yes, obviously I don't know his exact role either, and I like the guy, but I don't think he was the mastermind which gave us those superbowls or that his draft advice was all that critical. Like you, I'm mostly glad he's leaving so Fangio and staff can make a fresh start. It also will be good for Keenum to see a new beginning.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                  You don't think Kubiak was a benefit to Elway as a QB coach and OC? I bet John would tell you differently. And yes, even though you were being sarcastic, Kubiak was saddled with a broken down, decrepit Peyton Manning. What could have been a full blown QB controversy was handled brilliantly. As far as Lynch, how do you know it was Kubiak who really wanted him? I've never heard that. And, if Kubes was a fan of VJ, so was Elway, who wanted him as the DC in 2015. Finally, it was Elway who ultimately signed Keenum.
                  1 at a time.
                  1. No, I do not believe Kubiak was any kind of genius behind Shannahan's teams. I do think he was a friend and confidant of Elway, and that was of value.
                  2. Peyton Manning directed the most effective offense in the modern NFL in 2013 with John Fox as his head coach. Yes, we lost the SB, but it wasn't because of Peyton.
                  3. His last year we had to pull Peyton because his arm was gone, BUT, and it's a big but, if Manning doesn't come into that Pitt game to make those no huddle drives in the closing minutes we don't win that game and in the SB, Manning was the glue of that offense even if he couldn't will a throw down the deep seam any longer. That no huddle, calls at the line, QB work was instrumental. And, it wasn't Kubiak behind that genius - although I'll give Kubiak credit for seeing his best shot to win was with Manning.
                  4. There was NEVER a QB controversy or ever would have been as PM was retiring. He talked about it before the season.
                  5. No, I don't know that Kubiak was the key man calling for us drafting Lynch, but he was the Head Coach and that's a position that normally is right in the middle of those decisions. He's the guy that participated in the workouts.
                  6. The story in the Denver press was Elway was seriously considering making VJ one and done, but Kubiak talked him out of it.
                  7. Again the press reported that Kubiak was in Keenum's corner. How strongly, I don't know and it's not like there were a ton of good choices. So, no, I don't think he was the only one calling for Keenum but he was supposed to be such a "confidant" of Elways on personnel issues you'd have to think he was one of the yes votes.
                  Like I've said over and over on this board, I like Kubiak and we do owe the guy for the good work he put in, but I have felt compelled to put his "accomplishments" into perspective because among some of you, there are too many claiming the guy is a genius. I don't see that and I don't see him as in any way irreplaceable. I put Kubiak in the same respectful, thanks for the work, guys like him and John Fox.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
                    1 at a time.
                    1. No, I do not believe Kubiak was any kind of genius behind Shannahan's teams. I do think he was a friend and confidant of Elway, and that was of value.
                    2. Peyton Manning directed the most effective offense in the modern NFL in 2013 with John Fox as his head coach. Yes, we lost the SB, but it wasn't because of Peyton.
                    3. His last year we had to pull Peyton because his arm was gone, BUT, and it's a big but, if Manning doesn't come into that Pitt game to make those no huddle drives in the closing minutes we don't win that game and in the SB, Manning was the glue of that offense even if he couldn't will a throw down the deep seam any longer. That no huddle, calls at the line, QB work was instrumental. And, it wasn't Kubiak behind that genius - although I'll give Kubiak credit for seeing his best shot to win was with Manning.
                    4. There was NEVER a QB controversy or ever would have been as PM was retiring. He talked about it before the season.
                    5. No, I don't know that Kubiak was the key man calling for us drafting Lynch, but he was the Head Coach and that's a position that normally is right in the middle of those decisions. He's the guy that participated in the workouts.
                    6. The story in the Denver press was Elway was seriously considering making VJ one and done, but Kubiak talked him out of it.
                    7. Again the press reported that Kubiak was in Keenum's corner. How strongly, I don't know and it's not like there were a ton of good choices. So, no, I don't think he was the only one calling for Keenum but he was supposed to be such a "confidant" of Elways on personnel issues you'd have to think he was one of the yes votes.
                    Like I've said over and over on this board, I like Kubiak and we do owe the guy for the good work he put in, but I have felt compelled to put his "accomplishments" into perspective because among some of you, there are too many claiming the guy is a genius. I don't see that and I don't see him as in any way irreplaceable. I put Kubiak in the same respectful, thanks for the work, guys like him and John Fox.
                    There was indeed a brewing QB controversy in 2015. It took real guts for Kubiak to bench Manning during the K.C. game. It was the right thing to do, though.

                    You can credit Manning all you want for being a gamer, calling the right plays, etc. The bottom line is he was completely carried all year by the defense. Any good he did was overshadowed by his actual overall play, which was awful.

                    Finally, in terms of importance, I think Kubiak rates just a little bit higher than John Fox, who actually did get the best of Manning but failed to win a SB. I personally feel we don't win SB 50 without Gary.

                    Comment


                    • You can attempt to marginalize Kubiak off of your much aligned speculation about minimal contributions all you want, but the fact remains the same - Broncos have 3 Super Bowl wins with Kubiak as a coach, and zero without him coaching in some capacity. You can speculate that he was just there and didn't do much for anyone, but it's still only your speculation.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BeavisBronco View Post
                        You can attempt to marginalize Kubiak off of your much aligned speculation about minimal contributions all you want, but the fact remains the same - Broncos have 3 Super Bowl wins with Kubiak as a coach, and zero without him coaching in some capacity. You can speculate that he was just there and didn't do much for anyone, but it's still only your speculation.
                        Kubiak was next to useless in that 2015 season.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                          There was indeed a brewing QB controversy in 2015. It took real guts for Kubiak to bench Manning during the K.C. game. It was the right thing to do, though.

                          You can credit Manning all you want for being a gamer, calling the right plays, etc. The bottom line is he was completely carried all year by the defense. Any good he did was overshadowed by his actual overall play, which was awful.

                          Finally, in terms of importance, I think Kubiak rates just a little bit higher than John Fox, who actually did get the best of Manning but failed to win a SB. I personally feel we don't win SB 50 without Gary.
                          Manning was hurt going into that game, and actually a big part of the season, which was known. After that he was put in a boot. Once he healed up, he returned. There was no QB controversy.

                          Where was the defense to carry the team week 17 when we were on our way to losing HM advantage before Peyton came in?

                          Kubiak was next to useless that season. All he did was slow the offense down by trying to fit Peyton into a system he did not belong in.

                          Comment


                          • I have to say I'm surprised by all the dismissal of Kubiak as a coach. To say that the head coach is essentially irrelevant to a team winning the Super Bowl strikes me as making no sense.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                              I have to say I'm surprised by all the dismissal of Kubiak as a coach. To say that the head coach is essentially irrelevant to a team winning the Super Bowl strikes me as making no sense.
                              I agree.

                              Look, Kubiak is gone, but that doesn't mean that we have to dismiss the things that he did for the organization, We can laud Kubiak for his help over the years, while also being excited about the new folks who we believe are going to lead us back to the promised land.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                                I have to say I'm surprised by all the dismissal of Kubiak as a coach. To say that the head coach is essentially irrelevant to a team winning the Super Bowl strikes me as making no sense.
                                I'm not at all even as much as I appreciate Kubiak. Both sides hit an impasse that neither would concede. Kubiak is as much a part of his leaving as Elway.

                                Considering it was personnel related I really believe Kubiak was not in a place to make and expect demands. He posted his hand, Elway wouldn't budge. I hope at least they were able to separate amicably.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X