Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I very much doubt thr Steelers let him leave for an OL coach job. I don't even think they would allow him to leave to be an OC either. He's very well regarded in Pittsburgh and they don't want to lose him.
    His contract is up, he is free to sign where he pleases

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.
      Like I said in the beginning..why do you want to hire your potential replacement? Dude would be looking over his shoulder the whole time.This is why I don’t trust Elway fully. Hire the coach and let him pick his people. We all love Kubs but weird situation for Vic.
      Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
        He doesn’t have a contract with them right now. If money is equal he’d probably choose Denver based on his family being in Denver.
        Thanks. I didn't know his contract had run out.

        Comment


        • #34
          Really???? The train wreck just went over the cliff...... Lord people get this crap straightened out..... Is there not enough distractions as it is with the ownership issues? So, who does a DC who is a HC hire to be OC?
          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
          Adopted player Lindsey

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by flosstein View Post
            As much as I wish Kubes was coming back, I’m okay with Elway standing firm on no Dennison. He is the one piece to Kubes staff that holds his teams back.
            True story, and I've been telling it for days. Gary is so much better in a pure OC role without Rick in the mix. It's too bad this was a sticking point.

            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Adam Schefter reported that this was 100% not Fangio's call, and Les Shapiro is reporting that the hang up was that Kubiak wanted to bring in his old assistants and Elway said no.
              Fair enough but that doesn’t make sense. I seriously doubt they didn’t discuss personnel...Maybe Kubiak got a HC offer?
              Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                Are there any actual reports of Dennison being the hang up here ? Or is this just fan/media speculation ? Surely when Elway and Kubiak were talking all year long about his potential return, the staff that would accompany him was also discussed ? Maybe this is just Vic Fangio not wanting Kubiak as his offensive coordinator.
                If anything, that's where I'm leaning. I thought Kubiak's role would be determined after the hire. Maybe he wasn't interested in the vision Fangio had for him. If that's the case, good for Fangio. VJ was a yes man from jump street and it landed him in trouble immediately. Hopefully this is Fangio asserting his role as HEAD COACH.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Well the good news is, based on his press conference, Idt Fangio is going to bring in some clown who wants to throw the ball 50 times a game.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    If anything, that's where I'm leaning. I thought Kubiak's role would be determined after the hire. Maybe he wasn't interested in the vision Fangio had for him. If that's the case, good for Fangio. VJ was a yes man from jump street and it landed him in trouble immediately. Hopefully this is Fangio asserting his role as HEAD COACH.
                    Hopefully he knows what the hell he is doing.
                    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                      Really???? The train wreck just went over the cliff...... Lord people get this crap straightened out..... Is there not enough distractions as it is with the ownership issues? So, who does a DC who is a HC hire to be OC?
                      Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

                      Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                        Really???? The train wreck just went over the cliff...... Lord people get this crap straightened out..... Is there not enough distractions as it is with the ownership issues? So, who does a DC who is a HC hire to be OC?
                        Whatever offense have him the most trouble and hire a guru that runs that style!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          If any good news is coming from this is the fact that Keenum is out!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            If any good news is coming from this is the fact that Keenum is out!
                            Proof?!?!?!?
                            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                            Adopted player Lindsey

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

                              Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB
                              It's better to think this way. But Kubiak is a huge loss to the organisation as a whole. Maybe he should have stayed at personnel?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                                If any good news is coming from this is the fact that Keenum is out!
                                I was just thinking that, Vic probably wants him out and Kubiak was probably saying he wants to keep him???

                                The only thing that I feel bad about here is there were a few teams that wanted to interview Kubiak for some OC roles and he was denied

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X