Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak will NOT be the offense coordinator...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’d be great to get Mike McDaniel the run game coordinator from the 49ers to be the OC with Denver. Kyle Shanahan has denied a couple teams to interview him for an OC job though.
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
        Why not offer Munchak the OC position? Going from O line coach to O line coach seems a bit lateral?
        Not to speak for him but seems like it’s what he wants to do. He went from being a head coach to right back to OL coach it’s his comfort zone in teaching his skill rather than calling plays and run an offense.

Not sure though, just how it seems.
        Follow me on Twitter

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by shadowlands View Post
          Why not offer Munchak the OC position? Going from O line coach to O line coach seems a bit lateral?
          He has no experience as an OC. If he's willing to be an O-line coach (he is, his daughter lives here, he'd be close to her) then why offer him a position he isn't qualified for. Doesn't matter if it's lateral or not. He's not under contract with the Steelers and if we offer him similar money, he'll have the added benefit of family.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            In his press conference he stressed playbook balance, and not just run/pass balance. So, he probably wants an innovative mind, who doesn't go pass happy with a nonsense QB like we did this year.
            Got it. Just still wish Kubiak would have a hand on the offensive side if even not as OC.

Comment

Seems like Elway has a habit of burning bridges but this is one divorce that was inevitable. Especially after giving Gary so much power however he still wanted to go with his old staff in Brian Pariani and Rick Dennison!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Train wreck? This is fantastic news!

Some hot shot OC to dial up the focus on offense and to build a modern scheme around their to-be-named rookie QB
                No doubt whatsoever...Drew Lock.
                Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  Oh c'mon now, this is the most optimistic I've been in months! Looking to go in a more progressive offensive direction and trying to add Munchak to coach OL is the best news we've had in a while
                  Lol. Well I can't help it if my opinion may ruin your optimism. 😅😅
                  Now, if Keenum is gone, that's the best damn news I have heard 2 years about this team!!!! Happy dance!!!!!
                  [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                  Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Geez, I'll be glued to my laptop tonight!
                    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

I respect Kubiak. The decision is probably for the best. I didn’t like the idea of Kubiak as OC - not because he wouldn’t be a good OC. What would have happened down the road if the offense continued struggling - would Fangio be allowed to address the issue? Elway made the right decision IMO. Moving forward instead of going back to the past.
                      Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-11-2019, 02:17 PM.

Comment

What I thought before with Kubiak he’s never (as far as I know) had to develop a rookie QB and in that style offense it’s set up to fail a young QB.

Rookie QBs are looking better now because OCs build their offenses around their young QBs to make them successful (and easy) by not making it a huge transition from college to the NFL.

I love Kubiak, but his offense would have had a young QB set up to fail. It would have been a veteran QB for a while in here.

This shows me that there will be a rookie QB in here next year hopefully Kubiak is still around in the front office though because there needs to be another draft like we had last year to be able to get back to competing.
                        Follow me on Twitter

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                          No doubt whatsoever...Drew Lock.
                          That is no guarantee now, if the new OC likes other kids that will fit his offense better....

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
                            What I thought before with Kubiak he’s never (as far as I know) had to develop a rookie QB and in that style offense it’s set up to fail a young QB.

Rookie QBs are looking better now because OCs build their offenses around their young QBs to make them successful (and easy) by not making it a huge transition from college to the NFL.

I love Kubiak, but his offense would have had a young QB set up to fail. It would have been a veteran QB for a while in here.

This shows me that there will be a rookie QB in here next year hopefully Kubiak is still around in the front office though because there needs to be another draft like we had last year to be able to get back to competing.
                            That RPO offense can pose some serious fits for an offense, just look what the jets did to us however Gary just couldn’t see himself coaching without Dennison and Pariani!

However I agree with you about that system destroying a young QB but all that does is make Sam Darnold look like a very brilliant young guy.

We need an offense that will give D coordinators around the league fits to deal with and Vic knows better than anyone who could do such a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post

Griese then Lynch in Denver. In Houston, Keenum. Some things about that offense are very helpful to rookies, like the scripted plays, playing under center and a committed rushing attack can also take the pressure off.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Vic Fangio should be able to hire his own staff to his liking. That is what the HC is supposed to do. Elway has a bad record for firing coaches but seems to me that he is making all the bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X