Close to a agreement

Sounds like it will happen. Great news!
    sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
      Sounds like it will happen. Great news!
      I agree, it is great news. The closer we get to what Fangio wants on that side of the ball the better off we are!!

Comment

I love what has happened in our off season. Fangio, Munchak and now Ed Donatell. I feel that we have gone in a new direction that seems like a winner. Now we just need some new pieces on offense and we can do something special.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I guess my question is if fangio will still run the d or if he is gonna let ed do it? Doesnt matter either way just curious
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Seems like maybe, quite possibly Elway ain't the piss poor GM a lot of folks here make him out to be...
            [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
              Seems like maybe, quite possibly Elway ain't the piss poor GM a lot of folks here make him out to be...
              Why? Because he hired another “dream team”?
              I’ll admit, I am happy with his selections, but, we went through this a couple years ago after Kubiak left. We thought he had put together a coaching squad that would get the O moving, then they proceeded to flop after a few games.
              We have a first time head coach, and by the looks of things, we may end up with a very inexperienced coordinator for the O. We also don’t have a QB capable of putting points on the board. We have huge question marks at WR and RB as well. Royce wasn’t all that impressive, and many wonder if Lindsay is durable enough to be a number 1, he ended up injured as some worried. Sander’s future does not look bright, which leaves inexperienced WR’s starting next year, as well as injured prone TE’s.
              Elway needs to attack the offensive side of the ball if he wants to stop the free fall.

Comment

Maybe he learned his lesson with VJ and not letting him choose his staff.

Comment

almost have the complete set of Ninja Turtles here now. I'm guessing Scangarello is close along with Donatello
                  Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    almost have the complete set of Ninja Turtles here now. I'm guessing Scangarello is close along with Donatello
                    Lol. That's awesome.😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
                    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Mike Klis reported we have reached an agreement with him
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Ed Donatell has signed

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...donatell-as-dc

Broncos hiring Bears DBs coach Ed Donatell as DC

Vic Fangio has recruited a trusted assistant from Chicago to run his defense in Denver.

The Broncos are hiring Bears defensive backs coach Ed Donatell as their defensive coordinator, a team source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

Donatell served as defensive backs coach under Fangio, then a defensive coodinator, in San Francisco and Chicago from 2011 though 2018. Fangio was officially hired as the Broncos' newest head coach last week.

Before joining Fangio's staff in 2011, Donatell had spent time as the defensive coordinator in Green Bay under Mike Sherman (2000-2003), in Atlanta under Jim Mora Jr. (2004-2006) and at the University of Washington under Tyrone Willingham (2008).

In 2018, the Bears ranked first in points allowed per game (17.7), first in takeaways (36), first in interceptions (27) and seventh in passing yards allowed per game (219.7).

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

In 2018, the Bears ranked first in points allowed per game (17.7), first in takeaways (36), first in interceptions (27) and seventh in passing yards allowed per game (219.7).[/i]
                            Imo if he can get this defense to that level in 2019, this defense will be 99.9% better.
                            Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Imo if he can get this defense to that level in 2019, this defense will be 99.9% better.
                              One thing that Fangio has always had to aid his success as defensive guy has always been really strong interior linemen.

Expect the broncos to explore some options in order to get some penetrating DTs in here!
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-15-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X