Ed Donatell ~ new defensive coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He’d be a great choice but I feel like Fangio will lure Bryce Callahan to Denver during free agency!
    I believe that is what will happen as well. There are several defensive players who have voiced their desire to play with Fangio as well. I don't think we'll have to draft many defensive players, we can focus mainly on offense this year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I believe that is what will happen as well. There are several defensive players who have voiced their desire to play with Fangio as well. I don't think we'll have to draft many defensive players, we can focus mainly on offense this year.
      That would a fantastic approach! Which free agent defenders could you see here next season as well as which current defensive players already here do you see restructuring?

Comment

That would a fantastic approach! Which free agent defenders could you see here next season as well as which current defensive players already here do you see restructuring?
        Callahan of course. Navorro Bowman has expressed a desire to come here on Instagram, he played his best ball with Fangio as his coach. Adrian Amos would be another solid pickup, with Fangio connections.

As far as players without Fangio connections, Gerald McCoy would be one, Mosley if he becomes available, if not Manti Te'o would be alright. I wouldn't mind us taking a shot at Ziggy Ansah, I know he's 4-3 right now, but he's also played well in 3-4. I wouldn't mind seeing if Arizona is interested in offloading Deone Bucannon since they haven't been making use of him.

There's a lot of good options to fill the void in FA this year. Having a strong defensive scheme will also really help.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
          Why? Because he hired another “dream team”?
          I’ll admit, I am happy with his selections, but, we went through this a couple years ago after Kubiak left. We thought he had put together a coaching squad that would get the O moving, then they proceeded to flop after a few games.
          We have a first time head coach, and by the looks of things, we may end up with a very inexperienced coordinator for the O. We also don’t have a QB capable of putting points on the board. We have huge question marks at WR and RB as well. Royce wasn’t all that impressive, and many wonder if Lindsay is durable enough to be a number 1, he ended up injured as some worried. Sander’s future does not look bright, which leaves inexperienced WR’s starting next year, as well as injured prone TE’s.
          Elway needs to attack the offensive side of the ball if he wants to stop the free fall.
          I agree. This coaching staff looks good on paper, but until they play a meaningful game we won't know.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
            I agree. This coaching staff looks good on paper, but until they play a meaningful game we won't know.
            Coaches coach.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Coaches coach.
              @Sam, Agreed!

Fangio, Munchak, and Donatell have more than 72 years combined for coaching plus two of them have reputations for being the best at what they do! I for one am not worried about the broncos next season!

Comment

I think we will see lots of defenders want to come here. Bowman is already one guy who wants in the door just because of Fangio. All players want to go where they know they'll be successful, it leads to bigger paychecks. I fully expect the best defensive free agents to be interested in Denver now.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  I think we will see lots of defenders want to come here. Bowman is already one guy who wants in the door just because of Fangio. All players want to go where they know they'll be successful, it leads to bigger paychecks. I fully expect the best defensive free agents to be interested in Denver now.
                  Fangio cares about his players outside of football. I have herd multiple players talk about how Fangio cares about what players do outside of football.

That combined with Fangio's desire to teach players and help the players get better....which like you said is how they make more money...well it is easy to see why players love to play for the guy.
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

@Sam, Agreed!

Fangio, Munchak, and Donatell have more than 72 years combined for coaching plus two of them have reputations for being the best at what they do! I for one am not worried about the broncos next season!
                    +1 on those lines

Sure we got to give the coaches talent to work with but I do not think we going too far on a limb by saying this is shaping up to be a really good coaching staff....definitely better than what we have had the last couple years.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                    X