Rich Scangarello new OC - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Klis is also reporting the deal is done.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1085687091915157504
    Also:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos

Broncos coach Vic Fangio continues to fill out his coaching staff and now has secured his offensive and defensive play-callers over the last two days. San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Rich Scangarello formally agreed to his deal to be the Broncos offensive coordinator this afternoon while Ed Donatell agreed Tuesday to be the team's defensive coordinator. Scangarello will be the Broncos' fourth different offensive coordinator in the last four seasons.

Comment

I wonder what his playbook will end up looking like? I would guess there will be some Shanahan influence. And since Munchak is a big zone blocking guy (he installed a zone blocking running game in Pittsburgh) that it's be a pretty heavy zone based running scheme.

Comment

I love the way the coaching staff has taken shape, it wasn't rushed, and Elway appeared to execute his plan as intended. In terms of early off-season hope, you have to congratulate Elway on the group he has put together, it's a group to get excited about, and Kubiak isn't involved, I love it. I am excited for Broncos football again for the first time in a long time. Now, moving onto finding Keenums replacement to build Rich Scangarellos offense around, hopefully from day 1.

Comment

The recent MHR article noted:

It was Scangarello who found 49ers quarterback Nick Mullens and convinced Kyle Shanahan to sign him as an undrafted free agent in 2017.

“Coach Scangarello, he pretty much found me,” Mullens said. “I was at East-West Shrine game in [St. Petersburg, Florida] and I guess he liked the things that I did in that game and in those practices. And then he followed up with me with a phone call after that.”

”Then I took a visit here to the facility in [Santa Clara, California]. The 49ers showed me the most interest all the way through the draft process. So, in the sixth round, they gave me a call, said they wanted to sign me as a free agent.”

Allbright also credited Rich for finding J.T. O’Sullivan while coaching at UC Davis. While not lighting the league on fire, O’Sullivan went on to have a long football career. Scangarello has a knack for finding guys that don’t have all the physical tools and getting the most out of them.
          With Kubes gone, maybe Scangarello can help Elway pick a QB?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
          2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

You would imagine that Rich will definitely have a major say in who the Broncos potentially take at quarterback, he would have an idea of the skill set he wants from the guy to run his style of offense. I think a great resource for the Broncos in their quarterback search might be Kyle Shanahan. Rich obviously has a good relationship with Kyle, and Kyle will be coaching the South team at the senior bowl, where the Broncos will obviously be attending. The South roster features Will Grier, Gardner Minshaw, Jarrett Stidham, and Clayton Thoroson, and with the 49ers not in the search for a quarterback, some insights might be shared amongst the old friends, you never know.

Comment

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
                "With the #10 pick of the NFL draft... the Denver Broncos select: Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma" - hopefully

-GB2
                Hopefully not. I like my QB to be taller than me. I'm 5' 9" and I don't think he's taller than that.

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                  The recent MHR article noted:

With Kubes gone, maybe Scangarello can help Elway pick a QB?
                  Sounds good to me, I'm thinking maybe of the top 2 or 3 guys in the draft he'll be able to give some quality advice

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Anyone recognize this place?
                    If you’re from Denver you should, It’s lechugas Sports bar on 36th and Tejon.
                    You are a rockstar sir!!!! As they get pics in Denver gear we can put the Bronco statue behind it!

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                      You are a rockstar sir!!!! As they get pics in Denver gear we can put the Bronco statue behind it!
                      We are missing Master Splinter

https://goo.gl/images/LgbKtN
                      [sigpic

Comment

Which Qb in the draft would work best in his system?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
                          Which Qb in the draft would work best in his system?
                          No one knows his system, so no one knows what kind of traits he will be looking for. You can look at who he has worked for and make some guesses, but you never know what exactly his plans are. He has ran some college offenses before entering the NFL coaching ranks, it would be interesting to go back and see what they looked like, but until we hit training camp, we will be in the dark to what this thing is going to look like. My hope is the Broncos draft a quarterback and build around what he does well, emphasis his strengths, and try to hide his weaknesses, something Kubiak wasn't good at.

Comment

Awesome, glad it's official. I'd say the likelihood we draft a first round QB now is extremely high. Good news all around. Good job Elway, this is infinitely better than the 2017 staff assembled.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I’m actually thinking that Elway has done it.

He’s improved with the defense greatly without even finding any new player personnel yet!

He’s also signed Mike Munchak and if Mike can’t fix this offensive line then nobody can but Elway basically just went out and got the Best.

I’m predicting at least 11 wins next season depending on who the quarterback is but I’m calling it now it’ll be Drew Lock starting for Denver if not on opening night but sometime next season!
                              Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-16-2019, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                                No one knows his system, so no one knows what kind of traits he will be looking for. You can look at who he has worked for and make some guesses, but you never know what exactly his plans are. He has ran some college offenses before entering the NFL coaching ranks, it would be interesting to go back and see what they looked like, but until we hit training camp, we will be in the dark to what this thing is going to look like. My hope is the Broncos draft a quarterback and build around what he does well, emphasis his strengths, and try to hide his weaknesses, something Kubiak wasn't good at.
                                Everything I’ve read on him says he started out admiring Shannahan’s offense from afar and tried to emulate it with his own teams. Then he took a hefty pay cut to work under Kyle in Atlanta for a season to learn more about it. I imagine it’s going to be extremely similar to what Kyle runs given his admiration of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X