Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    That's pretty well sums up my sentiments on the Ravens and Flacco as well. It's like we went shopping for our favorite bread (QB) and this was all that was left on the shelves:



    "Hamburger Buns (Flacco)!? Seriously?!?" But after surprise and denial, acceptance: "Okay, we got meat (Good RB's), we got lettuce and tomatoes (Munchak & the OL), cheese and pickles (E.S., Sutton and the receivers) and a variety of condiments (a D that could potentially cover for O issues) --we can deal with this, and it's all the Broncos are offering on the menu right now anyway.
    Only problem is that those buns are not sold in transparent packaging. It won't be until it is time to break them out(season games) for us to know if they're moldy and rotten or not.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
      All I want is to sweep the dang Raiders !!!!!
      Yeah I just checked that and we haven't swept them since 2014!

      And we haven't beaten the Chefs at all since September of 2015. They won the last 7, and we won 7 in a row before that, so it's our turn to reverse the streak and wipe that smug expression off Mahomes' face!

      Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Only problem is that those buns are not sold in transparent packaging. It won't be until it is time to break them out(season games) for us to know if they're moldy and rotten or not.
        You don't see that they're in a transparent bag in the photo? Perhaps that in itself is analogous to your refusal to see any of Flacco's qualities at all!

        But I can partially agree with you --like most other "hamburger buns", these very well could be a bit crumbly (or injury-prone), but hopefully not. No choices are guaranteed and all contain some risk. There really weren't any other decent choices on the shelf, certainly no others with a SB ring and successful experience which the Broncos Front Office obviously hopes will contribute here.
        Last edited by L.M.; 08-12-2019, 05:32 PM.

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Being a Broncos fan, I go for the win, no matter who is playing. But as a fan, I (and all of us) have a right to voice displeasure, vent, critique, and so on. Hey, it's basically entertainment, so no crime attached to discontent. With that, I hope that most folks have a "radar" as to where the line is, between discontent and flat out whining.

          As mentioned, I hope Joe does well, and mentors very well!!! I have concerns about his future as a starter. But lets give him some room. But I also believe that our future QB is Lock, or someone not on the roster. So lets keep developing the young man. Because like it or not, Joe may not be the sturdiest QB around these days. And not hoping he gets injured, but sometimes age and annoying injury can combine, and reduce one's effectiveness. This may not even be something that is obvious to us, in terms of a more serious type of setback. So we better not be surprised that we need our 2nd QB to be ready some time this season. And if we can, whether we are way up or way down in a game, we should let the young man experience The NFL, in actual game situations.

          There are alternatives of course, like signing another QB during the season, but I would not make that plan B without knowing our chances at the playoffs, or if I did not think our 2nd guy could step in and do a reasonable job.

          Regardless, I would not count on Joe to be our starter all year, based on recent history. So, plan B might mark the beginning of the new era.
          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Not sure why you're bringing the bolded up. I didn't see anything where someone said you couldn't or shouldn't. Maybe I missed it. And, of course, it goes the other way, too.

          Some love Flacco. Some don't. Some love Lock. Some don't. Should make for an interesting season.
          It was simply a commentary on fan opinion. That almost every fan wants their team to win (and be successful), no matter who is playing, but that we also have the right to make our concerns known....without having to feel obligated to say the "right thing". It's ok to critique for example. But then I want on to state that I would hope that fans know where the line is between reasonable annoyance with one's team, and just being a whiny dude.

          Anyway.....I prefaced my views on Joe, because I do have my own concerns about the acquisition. I may be wrong. But as I have mentioned before, had someone asked us if we were interested in Joe Flacco near the end of last season, as opposed to some other vet or rookie, I am pretty sure most would have passed on the Joe signing. It's not quite the same as the Case hype, whereby I felt many were "hoping" more than "understanding" the situation, but one could also say that Case had at least come off a good season.....whereas Joe seems to be entering the final chapter of his career.
          Last edited by CanDB; 08-12-2019, 05:51 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            This. Even if it's Flacco.

            It's no secret that the Ravens are my most disliked team. Flacco had a big part in that dislike. And to see him on my favorite team? I'm still dealing with that. But, he is a Bronco now and I so want him to be successful.
            I hated Neil Smith for a long time too. Not any more though.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              I hated Neil Smith for a long time too. Not any more though.
              That awesome!!!! I thought the same thing before we signed him, same thing with Romo, and Peyton......i hated Peyton he use to murder us in the playoffs.

              Dale Carter, I somehow hated even more after we wasted all that money on him.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                Opinions on QBs has been a hot topic in Bronco country going back to Plummer/ Cutler or you could go back to Brister/Griese.
                Other fun ones:
                Tebow/Orton
                Osweiler/ Manning
                Siemien/ Lynch
                Kelly/ Keenum
                Now it’s Flacco/Lock or anybody but Flacco.
                I wish we still had Chad Kelly. Everytime he is on the field, he looks like he belongs there. He is competing for QB3 right now for the Colts.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  This. Even if it's Flacco.

                  It's no secret that the Ravens are my most disliked team. Flacco had a big part in that dislike. And to see him on my favorite team? I'm still dealing with that. But, he is a Bronco now and I so want him to be successful.
                  You're asking a lot to get people to root for Flacco. Some of us have long memories...Even if he's on our team now, he's still the lucky punk that beat us when he had no right doing so...

                  Even at that, I have a complete lack of faith in his abilities even if he WASN'T that guy. I will of course hope that he does well and hope that we win, but I won't like him while I cheer him on. That's just where I am...He in my mind is only barely a step up from Trevor or Case.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I wish we still had Chad Kelly. Everytime he is on the field, he looks like he belongs there. He is competing for QB3 right now for the Colts.
                    I’m with you buddy, I like that kid bummed he couldn’t stay outta trouble. Im sure we woulda benched Keenum last year and let him finish the season out after 49er or Browns game.
                    Brissett is a really good #2, Colts got a nice problem in their hands 😑
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Only problem is that those buns are not sold in transparent packaging. It won't be until it is time to break them out(season games) for us to know if they're moldy and rotten or not.
                      What? You want Joe to be wearing transparent packaging so you can see if he has moldy buns? Wow. Now THERE's an image. I'm not sure how I feel about that....
                      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        It was simply a commentary on fan opinion. That almost every fan wants their team to win (and be successful), no matter who is playing, but that we also have the right to make our concerns known....without having to feel obligated to say the "right thing". It's ok to critique for example. But then I want on to state that I would hope that fans know where the line is between reasonable annoyance with one's team, and just being a whiny dude.

                        Anyway.....I prefaced my views on Joe, because I do have my own concerns about the acquisition. I may be wrong. But as I have mentioned before, had someone asked us if we were interested in Joe Flacco near the end of last season, as opposed to some other vet or rookie, I am pretty sure most would have passed on the Joe signing. It's not quite the same as the Case hype, whereby I felt many were "hoping" more than "understanding" the situation, but one could also say that Case had at least come off a good season.....whereas Joe seems to be entering the final chapter of his career.
                        Thanks for the explanation.

                        Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        You're asking a lot to get people to root for Flacco. Some of us have long memories...Even if he's on our team now, he's still the lucky punk that beat us when he had no right doing so...

                        Even at that, I have a complete lack of faith in his abilities even if he WASN'T that guy. I will of course hope that he does well and hope that we win, but I won't like him while I cheer him on. That's just where I am...He in my mind is only barely a step up from Trevor or Case.
                        I don't think I was asking anyone to root for Flacco. I said I was because he's on the team. Do I like him? I'm trying to. I'm hoping he does well, not just because he's on our team, but because I don't want to hear it from the Ravens fans if he doesn't do well. Nothing like a puffed up bird.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

                        #LupusAwareness

                        #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • Trading for Joe Flacco and drafting Drew Lock seems as a good a plan as any to address the QB position. Joe can start while Drew develops. I'm glad a first round pick wasn't used to get Lock. We'll see how the plan works out. About as much has been done as could get done this year to put each in a position to succeed.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Trading for Joe Flacco and drafting Drew Lock seems as a good a plan as any to address the QB position. Joe can start while Drew develops. I'm glad a first round pick wasn't used to get Lock. We'll see how the plan works out. About as much has been done as could get done this year to put each in a position to succeed.
                            I personally love the plan...If Joe or Lock not only fail this year, but next year too....Then we are ALL IN for Lawrence 2021 !!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              You're asking a lot to get people to root for Flacco. Some of us have long memories...Even if he's on our team now, he's still the lucky punk that beat us when he had no right doing so...

                              Even at that, I have a complete lack of faith in his abilities even if he WASN'T that guy. I will of course hope that he does well and hope that we win, but I won't like him while I cheer him on. That's just where I am...He in my mind is only barely a step up from Trevor or Case.
                              6 months ago you were all in on a Kubiak/Flacco reunion - granted I am not happy let Kubes walk!
                              My memory of that Januar 2013 game do not give negative emotions towards Flacco (or Rahim Moore) but I cannot forgive Fox for choosing the knee at the end of regulation.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                Trading for Joe Flacco and drafting Drew Lock seems as a good a plan as any to address the QB position. Joe can start while Drew develops. I'm glad a first round pick wasn't used to get Lock. We'll see how the plan works out. About as much has been done as could get done this year to put each in a position to succeed.
                                Agreed with everything said here

                                Did not like trading for Flacco at first.

                                Now with the whole plan laid out I think it is about as good as we can expect. Flacco starts this year, Lock works on his craft...we take a year of better coaching to fix the holes on this team. Hopefully in 2020 Lock is ready to take over...much like how Rodgers and Mahomes needed time.
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X