Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I never said the Broncos shouldn't have went after Flacco like I said in the previous post I don't see a ton of difference between Tannehill, Flacco and Keenum they are ALL just placeholders until Lock proves he can start. Do I think Flacco is worse then both Tannehill and Keenum? Yes. Does it matter in the longterm? Probably not. Neither are good enough to be the longterm answer at QB.

    The fact of the matter is we needed someone and whether it was Flacco or either of the other two it never really mattered that much to me. What I have a problem with is those who aren't being real what Flacco is at this point and the organization extending him for another two years. The real question we need to ask is do we have right guy in Lock not Flacco because to me the Broncos extending Flacco for two more years shows there is concern within the organization regarding Lock being the longterm answer at QB.

    If you are planning on starting Flacco for the next 2-3 years then be prepared for him to put up the stats I mentioned earlier. That is what Flacco is at this point. You talk about Elway did you listen to Fangio press conference? He was not effusive in his praise. He knows he needs more from Flacco if he wants to win football games.
    Last edited by Peanut; 09-11-2019, 03:39 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted post.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      I doubt that, after they reworked his contract we’re pretty much stuck with him the next couple years. If he’s healthy and doesn’t totally stink, don’t be surprised if he takes every snap this year.
      According to this article, the restructure was more about creating cap flexibility this year than it was about committing to Flacco long term.

      "It’s notable that Over the Cap’s Nick Korte does not believe this prevents Elway from cutting bait if Flacco does not deliver in 2019, however."

      https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...on-in-cap-room

      Comment


      • [QUOTE=Papa-pwn;5827643]No, he couldn't, because he never has before. The closest he's been to 400 yards was 389 in 2011, when he was 26. Safe to say, the obvious and clear decline in accuracy, arm strength, mobility, and health will prevent that going forward at age 34. Furthermore, he's had almost twice as many 3- turnover games as he has 3-TD games.

        That's not who he is, he is a bad QB and there's nothing wrong with pointing out that fact. People were hesitant to criticize Keenum until the final quarter of the season, with many still insisting we just needed to buuld around him early in the offseason. I get it, people dont like to be realistic about their QBs, but yeah. Flacco is bad, lets all hope the team becomes capable of carrying him. He is a Keenum-level game manager, on his best days like Monday. That's where we're at.[/QUOTE

        Ravens fan here, He had 376 yds against the Bengals in the second week action last year In week four against the steelers he had 363 yes. Do I have to go on? Age a decrepid 33 years.
        .
        Never gets old, lol.

        By the way, he holds the NFL record for throwing for five tds faster than any NFL Qb in history. Number five came in the first minute of the second quarter.
        Not bad for an old man, eh Papa.
        Denvers OC has to learn that when he gets into these rhythms, to stay out of the way.
        Let them happen. Be the ball danny.
        Last edited by crabcruncher; 09-11-2019, 05:00 PM.

        Comment


        • Flacco should throw for over 4k yards this year even in his aged state.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
            I never said the Broncos shouldn't have went after Flacco like I said in the previous post I don't see a ton of difference between Tannehill, Flacco and Keenum they are ALL just placeholders until Lock proves he can start. Do I think Flacco is worse then both Tannehill and Keenum? Yes. Does it matter in the longterm? Probably not. Neither are good enough to be the longterm answer at QB.

            The fact of the matter is we needed someone and whether it was Flacco or either of the other two it never really mattered that much to me. What I have a problem with is those who aren't being real what Flacco is at this point and the organization extending him for another two years. The real question we need to ask is do we have right guy in Lock not Flacco because to me the Broncos extending Flacco for two more years shows there is concern within the organization regarding Lock being the longterm answer at QB.

            If you are planning on starting Flacco for the next 2-3 years then be prepared for him to put up the stats I mentioned earlier. That is what Flacco is at this point. You talk about Elway did you listen to Fangio press conference? He was not effusive in his praise. He knows he needs more from Flacco if he wants to win football games.
            McManus must like Flacco as a placeholder because his FGs are sweet!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Flacco should throw for over 4k yards this year even in his aged state.
              The team will likely have lots of passing yards as we figure to be trailing a lot but I don't think Flacco will play in enough games to accumulate 4000 individually.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                The team will likely have lots of passing yards as we figure to be trailing a lot but I don't think Flacco will play in enough games to accumulate 4000 individually.
                If he starts all 16 games, I think he will.
                Let's go Joe!
                Let's go Broncos!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  McManus must like Flacco as a placeholder because his FGs are sweet!
                  The MVP's of a Flacco led offense is always the kicker and punter. I'm sure they love him since McManus now leads the NFL in FGA. From 2013-2017 no kicker in the league has attempted as many FG's as Tucker and no team has attempted as many FG's as the Ravens.

                  If you love watching your offense kick FG's Flacco is your dream QB.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    Well said. Me thinks there's shady doings going on with the accounts around here, but, whatever.

                    Objective analysis - the good and the bad, is paramount to understanding the strengths and weaknesses of our team. Heavy bias one way or the other, just dilutes the discussion with nonsense.
                    Agree. It’s easy to swing to one side and stay there - I’ve done it many times!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      McManus must like Flacco as a placeholder because his FGs are sweet!
                      Joke. Fail. ^^^^

                      Originally posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
                      The MVP's of a Flacco led offense is always the kicker and punter. I'm sure they love him since McManus now leads the NFL in FGA. From 2013-2017 no kicker in the league has attempted as many FG's as Tucker and no team has attempted as many FG's as the Ravens.

                      If you love watching your offense kick FG's Flacco is your dream QB.

                      Comment


                      • It's not that I dislike Flacco, I dislike the idea of Flacco. Of course I could be wrong, but I see this as another wasted season. I see Flacco as a band aid. We know what we have with Flacco.

                        He would be sufficient if we had an amazing team but were just missing a QB. He would have been the perfect QB for the 85 bears or 2000 ravens. We unfortunately are not a great team that just needs an ok QB to get by.

                        We need an answer at the position. Manning is not walking through the door again. Getting a QB like that in free agency was a once in a lifetime deal. We should be using these non competitive years to find our QB and build around him. Every year we dont try to develop our franchise QB, we are kicking the can down the road, and making our cycle of losing last longer.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                          It's not that I dislike Flacco, I dislike the idea of Flacco. Of course I could be wrong, but I see this as another wasted season. I see Flacco as a band aid. We know what we have with Flacco.

                          He would be sufficient if we had an amazing team but were just missing a QB. He would have been the perfect QB for the 85 bears or 2000 ravens. We unfortunately are not a great team that just needs an ok QB to get by.

                          We need an answer at the position. Manning is not walking through the door again. Getting a QB like that in free agency was a once in a lifetime deal. We should be using these non competitive years to find our QB and build around him. Every year we dont try to develop our franchise QB, we are kicking the can down the road, and making our cycle of losing last longer.
                          I completely agree. Trying to scrape together 7 or so wins with QBs like Keenum and Flacco just does not interest me. I'd rather win a little less while spending the time developing young talent and figuring out what we have in Lock or young QB X.

                          Comment


                          • I like the idea of bringing in veteran QB's.
                            Like Flacco, Keenum etc. 26 to 30 years old is good, (not really a 34 year old though)

                            I am knot completely onboard with the idea of developing a young QB, UNLESS, it's a blue chip coming out of college that we know is absolutely going to be the next guy. We haven't had the greatest of luck developing QB's?
                            I don't really care who's the QB, as long as they can move the chains, get first downs, score some points, and do their job Effectively.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I like the idea of bringing in veteran QB's.
                              Like Flacco, Keenum etc. 26 to 30 years old is good, (not really a 34 year old though)

                              I am knot completely onboard with the idea of developing a young QB, UNLESS, it's a blue chip coming out of college that we know is absolutely going to be the next guy. We haven't had the greatest of luck developing QB's?
                              I don't really care who's the QB, as long as they can move the chains, get first downs, score some points, and do their job Effectively.
                              There isn’t a way for a GM/Front Office to absolutely know. That would be like eyeing six blackjack tables and thinking you know which one to pick. The team has to pick the guy they believe in, focus on development and build the talent around him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                There isn’t a way for a GM/Front Office to absolutely know. That would be like eyeing six blackjack tables and thinking you know which one to pick. The team has to pick the guy they believe in, focus on development and build the talent around him.
                                That's the hard part.

                                That's why, maybe, if possible, you go after a Kirk Cousins type QB, When or if they become available?

                                (IMO)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X