This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    We didn't actually waste a 4th. We traded Demaryius Thomas for Flacco. And we're likely to get a 4th out of Keenum since his cap hit for whatever team trades for him is only $7M. At $7M, Keenum would make a fantastic backup for a lot of teams.
    This ^^^^^^^

Comment

We didn't actually waste a 4th. We traded Demaryius Thomas for Flacco. And we're likely to get a 4th out of Keenum since his cap hit for whatever team trades for him is only $7M. At $7M, Keenum would make a fantastic backup for a lot of teams.
      Well said you nailed it here.
      sigpic

Comment

• Yikes, Elway just got crucified for this move on NFL Live. They don’t see any difference between Flacco and Case Keenum. They actually called it a step back. They said Flacco showed no interest in helping LaMar Jackson so why would he want to mentor a rookie QB if we draft one.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

It's a pretty saavy move really.....he's an upgrade at the most important position with not much more of an investment. Who knows how it will end up, but your right at Keenums trade number- I would imagine there would be multiple interested teams.

Comment

• Just face it...Elway is still struggling to figure out the QB situation. You can't keep swinging at that position. Especially getting leftovers time and time again. It's funny that a great QB as great as he was is still struggling to hit on a QB. We still have the draft but in a division where we need some scoring in a big way to keep up with Mahomes and the chiefs it just seems like Elway is content to get game managers.

Let's also face facts that the 2015 defense is a shell of it's former self. It's good but not great by any means. Yes I get that's why Vangio was brought in and I expect it to get better under his tutelage but at some point the offense needs to be able to strike fear in defenses as they have been awful the last few years.

Flacco isn't going to suddenly change that because he's been mediocre himself for the last five years or so. Injury prone and 34 years of age don't exactly inspire confidence to me. His yard per attempt is like 6.8yards or so.

That tells me more dink and dunk and he's throwing short of the sticks. Is anyone else tired of not stretching the field? Challenging all phases of an opposing defense? We need to catch up on offence in the new age Nfl. We need to be able to put up more than 17 20 points on teams. Regfardless of what we all saw in the Sb. You think putting up those point totals is good enough to keep pace in the division where you had two 11win plus teams? Mahomes puts up points in bunches and the chargers are balanced but rivers can still ball when he needs to ball out.

I'm just not a fan of Elway and his way of trying to solve our QB methods. Elway's seat is getting heated, it kind of been warm for me when we got Keenum over Cousins last year and took VJ as head coach after Kubes. I mean all these decisions is piling up and the team seems to be stuck in a rut it's not going forward but it went a step back and I don't see it getting better.

Thank goodness Elway had a solid draft last year. I'd be ready for the team to replace Elway as Gm. Moves like this does not inspire my confidence in Elway. Depending on how the draft goes I may just be done off the Elway GM train and count down the days until he's relieved of that position.
            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              Yikes, Elway just got crucified for this move on NFL Live. They don’t see any difference between Flacco and Case Keenum. They actually called it a step back. They said Flacco showed no interest in helping LaMar Jackson so why would he want to mentor a rookie QB if we draft one.
              Anyone who thinks Flacco and Keenum are the same is not watching the correct sport. Keenum's biggest issue was holding on to the ball WAAAAYYY TOOOOO LOOOOONG. Flacco for as mistake prone as he can be will be decisive in letting the ball fly. If he can develop chemistry with our young guys this should be a huge improvement over Keenum just holding on until throwing an errant pass or taking a drive-killing sack.
              A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                This is just another bandaid a stop gap.
                You have to play the cards your dealt. JE is trying to improve our chances to get to the playoffs and if they can trade CK, then it will be improved QB play for a little paper work. It would be great if we could trade for A-Rod or Mahomes, but they aren't cards that have been dealt. Given the variables at this time, I see an upgrade to the QB position.

Comment

• I can't wait till we start winning some games with a real NFL quarterback.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    Yikes, Elway just got crucified for this move on NFL Live. They don’t see any difference between Flacco and Case Keenum. They actually called it a step back. They said Flacco showed no interest in helping LaMar Jackson so why would he want to mentor a rookie QB if we draft one.
                    Well somebody needs to crucify Elway on his Qb methods. I'm usually positive most of the time thinking that we will always be alright and that we will figure it out and then time and time again Elway when it comes to Qbs he just blows it. No other way to slice it than to say he grasps for straws. Remember how quick he was to go out and grab Keenum last year it's like he did the same with Flacco and I don't think it's going to be a recipe for success I think it's the disaster one....hope I'm wrong but I don't see a reason to jump for joy over this move and any criticism that comes always way you won't get an argument from me I might just agree with them.
                    Last edited by Broncoyearound; 02-13-2019, 11:26 AM.
                    :go:

Comment

No, we didn't trade Demaryius Thomas for Joe Flacco. It doesn't work that way just because DT was injured and cut. As for Keenum fetching a 4th round pick, maybe if we hadn't traded for Flacco but seeing as we have and it's public knowledge that we'll be offloading him one way or another, no team is going to offer that much.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I'm not sure any team will trade for him. Then they have to pay the full salary. Why not just wait till he's released and sign him to a more team friendly deal? Or am I missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                          Just face it...Elway is still struggling to figure out the QB situation. You can't keep swinging at that position. Especially getting leftovers time and time again. It's funny that a great QB as great as he was is still struggling to hit on a QB. We still have the draft but in a division where we need some scoring in a big way to keep up with Mahomes and the chiefs it just seems like Elway is content to get game managers.

Let's also face facts that the 2015 defense is a shell of it's former self. It's good but not great by any means. Yes I get that's why Vangio was brought in and I expect it to get better under his tutelage but at some point the offense needs to be able to strike fear in defenses as they have been awful the last few years.

Flacco isn't going to suddenly change that because he's been mediocre himself for the last five years or so. Injury prone and 34 years of age don't exactly inspire confidence to me. His yard per attempt is like 6.8yards or so.

That tells me more dink and dunk and he's throwing short of the sticks. Is anyone else tired of not stretching the field? Challenging all phases of an opposing defense? We need to catch up on offence in the new age Nfl. We need to be able to put up more than 17 20 points on teams. Regfardless of what we all saw in the Sb. You think putting up those point totals is good enough to keep pace in the division where you had two 11win plus teams? Mahomes puts up points in bunches and the chargers are balanced but rivers can still ball when he needs to ball out.

I'm just not a fan of Elway and his way of trying to solve our QB methods. Elway's seat is getting heated, it kind of been warm for me when we got Keenum over Cousins last year and took VJ as head coach after Kubes. I mean all these decisions is piling up and the team seems to be stuck in a rut it's not going forward but it went a step back and I don't see it getting better.

Thank goodness Elway had a solid draft last year. I'd be ready for the team to replace Elway as Gm. Moves like this does not inspire my confidence in Elway. Depending on how the draft goes I may just be done off the Elway GM train and count down the days until he's relieved of that position.
                          Good post.

That being said, personally, I'm not ready to call it quits on Elway just yet, just extremely disappointed.
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Exactly!! This is a terrible move. Flacco is better than Keenum but barely, doesn't make any sense
                            Flacco is not barely better than Keenum. Flacco has never had jack for talent around him. But he's still performed pretty well

Not crazy happy with the move but Flacco is definitely an upgrade over Keenum and a capable QB

Depends on how everything else shakes out and his health

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              My mistake. That must be the game from week 7, not the playoffs where Jackson played.
                              How can the Ravens and Saints meet in the Playoffs and NOT be in the SB?...

Comment

• You know what they say right...If you cannot beat them Join them well Since Denver could never beat Joe Flacco I think it was a Wise move and I will not be Surprised at all if Joe could lead us to the Playoffs Joe is Far Superior to Case I would like to see Denver in the Playoffs thus Slicencing all of the NFL.com and ESPN Pundits...This was a Great Move....Joe is now our Starting QB and I fully support him Go Denver Broncos...

Comment

Working...
                                X