Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we spending on QBs this year, $28 mil?
    Elway is literally going backwards at the QB position. Siemian was the only QB post Manning that had a winning record here, getting a pro bowl invite, costing next to nothing, but now he’s going out and spending picks and tons of cap space on 2 of the worst, if not the 2 worst QBs in the league.

Maybe he will resign after yet another failed season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      I just hope this doesn't lead to Baltimore Ravens transplants here to cheer only for flacco
      It might. There's a number of Flacco fans on the Russell Street Report Ravens forum and one of them already announced on their board that he is now a Broncos fan.

Comment

• Siemian was not an answer for the Broncos. That he got a Pro Bowl invite, while true, is hysterical and only after others like Brady, Carr and Roethlisberger were not going.

From an article on PFT

The three quarterbacks selected for the Pro Bowl in the AFC were Tom Brady, Derek Carr and Ben Roethlisberger, but none of them are going to be in Orlando.

Brady’s going to the Super Bowl, Carr is recovering from a fractured fibula and Roethlisberger has opted out of the game. Andy Dalton and Alex Smith are in as replacements, but a third is getting hard to find. Marcus Mariota and Ryan Tannehill were injured to end the year and Colts quarterback Andrew Luck just had shoulder surgery.

Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor turned down an invite after groin surgery and Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian has done the same after a shoulder operation of his own.
        2017 Siemian:

23rd passer rating-84.6
        25th comp.%-59.5
        22nd in TD passes-18
        24th total pass yards- 3,401

Comment

• I think it's a good move. I'm excited about it. Go Broncos!
          Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

Comment

• Originally posted by jachba View Post
            It might. There's a number of Flacco fans on the Russell Street Report Ravens forum and one of them already announced on their board that he is now a Broncos fan.
            And don't get me wrong. I don't mind transplant fans. With past QB's we've had fans who are only here for that player and don't care about anything else on the team. Those are what get annoying.

To all you Ravens transplants, welcome! Just don't be obnoxious haha
            sigpic

Comment

• Now we don't have to reach for a crapshoot like "Lock" who is rated somewhere between 20 and 40 on the "Big Boards" that I've seen. And if Murray, Haskins, and possibly Lock, all go in the Top 10, that means somebody great falls into our laps as Chubb did last year.

Looking good for the Draft in 3 months.

Comment

• Ravens fan here.

I think you guys will be happy with Joe and he will play well for you.

He's a better QB than he gets credit for and will never say or do anything to embarrass your city or franchise.

I will be buying a Flacco Broncos jersey and rooting for Joe and the Broncos every Sunday next year.

Comment

Live lookin at Flacco reading he's been traded

OMG!! I never realized how much Bert looks like Flacco LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                    No, I'm not. I was talking about the situation in Houston.

You're saying we used that fourth round pick on Flacco, which is correct. That's not what he was saying though and there's a distinct difference worth pointing out. By trading one player for another, you don't get to decide what to do with that pick. We traded DT to Houston, got a pick in return and used that pick on what turned out to be Flacco (assuming it's not the other 4th round pick). There is a difference. I get what he's saying but he should have phrased it properly.

Anyway, back on topic. Terrible waste of a pick on yet another backup.
                    That’s exactly what he meant even if he didn’t phrase it in full detail that way.

We don’t really need to argue about how it was said when it seemed fairly obvious he meant the same thing. He said “essentially” not literally.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BustOfPallas View Post
                      Ravens fan here.

I think you guys will be happy with Joe and he will play well for you.

He's a better QB than he gets credit for and will never say or do anything to embarrass your city or franchise.

I will be buying a Flacco Broncos jersey and rooting for Joe and the Broncos every Sunday next year.
                      Welcome to the boards.

Comment

And don't get me wrong. I don't mind transplant fans. With past QB's we've had fans who are only here for that player and don't care about anything else on the team. Those are what get annoying.

To all you Ravens transplants, welcome! Just don't be obnoxious haha
                        I'm not that guy. I wouldn't say I'm a transplant but I will be watching and rooting for Joe to do well. Who roots for one player on a team? That would be silly. The success of Joe and your team are kid of interdependent.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          Now we don't have to reach for a crapshoot like "Lock" who is rated somewhere between 20 and 40 on the "Big Boards" that I've seen. And if Murray, Haskins, and possibly Lock, all go in the Top 10, that means somebody great falls into our laps as Chubb did last year.

Looking good for the Draft in 3 months.
                          Just because we don’t have to doesn’t mean Elway won’t still be the one to over draft Lock at 10. If he is truly the one so enamored with him he won’t necessarily pass on him just because he took Flacco.

And it’s not like anyone expects Flacco to be a long term answer.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            That’s exactly what he meant even if he didn’t phrase it in full detail that way.

We don’t really need to argue about how it was said when it seemed fairly obvious he meant the same thing. He said “essentially” not literally.
                            It's still not the same, sorry. Rationalize and explain away this deal all you want, use Demaryius Thomas' injury in Houston to soften the blow if you must, I don't care. It changes nothing as far as I'm concerned. We're missing a fourth round pick that was better spent elsewhere.
                            Last edited by BroncosDivision; 02-13-2019, 12:01 PM.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Just because we don’t have to doesn’t mean Elway won’t still be the one to over draft Lock at 10. If he is truly the one so enamored with him he won’t necessarily pass on him just because he took Flacco.

And it’s not like anyone expects Flacco to be a long term answer.
                              Exactly. Just like the guy before him.
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• I heard Flacco has no guaranteed money. The broncos can see what he has and release him before the season if hes got nothing Left

Comment

Working...
                                X