This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Anybody watching Keenum tonight, wow he’s horrible, Elway can sure pick ‘em.... lol
    Sure, but their line makes Bolles look like a Pro Bowl caliber tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Sure, but their line makes Bolles look like a Pro Bowl caliber tackle.
      I keep trying to tell people, our line isn’t all that bad when you watch other teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        PTSD is kicking in. And Gruden has VJ syndrome by making absolutely no halftime adjustments.
        Don’t know how Gruden hasn’t been fired yet

Comment

Don’t know how Gruden hasn’t been fired yet
          John, Jay or both?
          sigpic

Comment

I keep trying to tell people, our line isn’t all that bad when you watch other teams.
            There are times when they play well. There were some signs of the run game yesterday. The line just isn’t consistent enough along with the penalties and untimely sacks like the turnover yesterday.

Comment

There are times when they play well. There were some signs of the run game yesterday. The line just isn’t consistent enough along with the penalties and untimely sacks like the turnover yesterday.
              I liked how Risner tossed Lindsay across the goal line though. That guy is a beast, it’s just too bad we don’t have more like him or at least Matt Paradis still!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                I liked how Risner tossed Lindsay across the goal line though. That guy is a beast, it’s just too bad we don’t have more like him or at least Matt Paradis still!
                That was awesome! Think about how strong Risner must be to toss Lindsay like a pillow.

Comment

That was awesome! Think about how strong Risner must be to toss Lindsay like a pillow.
                  Risner said it was reminiscent of grabbing the pigs and tossing them back over the fence out at the farm.

Lindsay said he thought he was being tackled into the end zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    Risner said it was reminiscent of grabbing the pigs and tossing them back over the fence out at the farm.

Lindsay said he thought he was being tackled into the end zone.

At least we had a great moment from the game.

Comment

• QB's sorted by passes over 5 yards.

So I had some free time and decided to compile some stats. Using the passing charts on NFL.com's NextGenStats I went through all 38 Quarterback's season to date and tallied their completions beyond 5 yards. I have been arguing that Flacco is a more significant issue than most believe. I've pointed to his captain checkdown history and expected that to follow him to Denver and hinder the entire offense, particularly in the red zone...

With the majority(56.4%) of his passes flying 5 yards or less and his ability to complete passes further than that coming in at 28th in the league(52%), he is what was expected. Also laid out in my table is % of pass attempts traveling over 15 yards. No surprise, Flacco is among the worst there as well at 9.09%. The final three columns in the table go over the QBs' teams' PPG, red zone efficiency, and their own completion percentage in the red zone. There seems to be some loose correlation with QBs who struggle beyond 5 yards and their teams' offenses struggling with scoring and red zone success. My Broncos are definitely feeling the effects, being bottom 5 in scoring, red-zone eff, and Flacco's red zone completion % of 45 does not help either.

The link is below, check it out and see if any of it confirms your biases

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
                      Last edited by Papa-pwn; 09-24-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Baltimore is sure making it look like they knew what they were doing benching Joe for Lamar. I was hoping there would be some miracle in there somewhere but there just isn't. The Broncos are right back to square one with the QB play. By Week 8, it'll be dead time and there's no point in NOT starting Lock at that point. The season will be gone and truthfully, you my as well get him some time to see what hes got.
                        sigpic
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                        Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                        US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Comment

• Thx for the effort!

One thing I noted, the new kids - Jackson and Mahomes, are 2 of the top 3 QBs in % of passes over 15 yards. They don't play it too safe.

And yes, your stats do reflect a QB (Flacco) that is doing whatever to get by. He has changed his game, or maybe he lacks the time to throw, or maybe our coaches are being too conservative, because he used to like the long ball. Problem is, though early, Lindsay needs to have a D that respects the longer pass, otherwise they are going to stack it, and minimize his effectiveness. For me, if you stop Lindsay, you stop The Broncos.
                          Last edited by CanDB; 09-24-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Not surprising, my eyes have been telling me we hardly ever throw it deep. Hopefully this changes in the next few games to at least keep a defense a bit more honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Thx for the effort!

One thing I noted, the new kids - Jackson and Mahomes, are 2 of the top 3 QBs in % of passes over 15 yards. They don't play it too safe.

And yes, your stats do reflect a QB (Flacco) that is doing whatever to get by. He has changed his game, or maybe he lacks the time to throw, or maybe our coaches are being too conservative, because he used to like the long ball. Problem is, though early, Lindsay needs to have a D that respects the longer pass, otherwise they are going to stack it, and minimize his effectiveness. For me, if you stop Lindsay, you stop The Broncos.
                              Yep! Lots of factors.

Will probably keep it updated throughout the season.

Comment

• Doesn't the QB need the O-line to protect him while the play developes and the receivers can run there routes and get open?
                                Sometimes Flacco has protection but sometimes the O-line is like swiss cheese.
                                We knew that Flacco needs a good O-line or he will not be productive.
                                Thats why I think he may be throwing the 5 yard passes alot, because of the pass rush?

Comment

Working...
                                X