This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Doesn't the QB need the O-line to protect him while the play developes and the receivers can run there routes and get open?
    Sometimes Flacco has protection but sometimes the O-line is like swiss cheese.
    We knew that Flacco needs a good O-line or he will not be productive.
    Thats why I think he may be throwing the 5 yard passes alot, because of the pass rush?
    this is exactly right but when there is a hatred of a player to the level of being obsessed then those people cannot see things objectively.

i mean flacco had a nice deep out to sutton & connected for a big play...but my god how many times has he actually had the time to do that? my guess is at best 1 or 2 times per game, the line doesn't give him the chance to throw deep...

end of story!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      this is exactly right but when there is a hatred of a player to the level of being obsessed then those people cannot see things objectively.

i mean flacco had a nice deep out to sutton & connected for a big play...but my god how many times has he actually had the time to do that? my guess is at best 1 or 2 times per game, the line doesn't give him the chance to throw deep...

end of story!
      I think it will take some time, but with a little patience things will get better. I saw some positive things before the strip sack last week. I think Flacco, if he can stay healthy will be the Starter this year and next year, or until the youngster is ready.
      Last edited by Capt. Jack; 09-24-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        Yep! Lots of factors.

Will probably keep it updated throughout the season.
        That would be cool.

I sometimes mention that it takes some work to put together such threads....depending where you get the data, and that I appreciate when others take the time. Sometimes the data backs up my observation, and sometimes I prove myself wrong.

So far I think Joe is who we think Joe is, at this stage of his career. I am sure he deserves more support on The Oline, but that can be said about a lot of QBs.

And it's not his fault we signed him. BUT, I think this is an approx. one year interim step, and hopefully our QB for the future will be waiting to take over.

As for our coaches, they need to give Joe a chance to do better. I am not sure who called those late first and second half potential drives, but I saw little urgency, and little risk.
        Last edited by CanDB; 09-24-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• The Broncos havent hit rock bottom yet. The Jets and Dolphins currently score fewer points per game than Denver. So were actually 2 slots above rick bottom.
          But of course that has nothing to do with the QB right?

Comment

Doesn't the QB need the O-line to protect him while the play developes and the receivers can run there routes and get open?
            Sometimes Flacco has protection but sometimes the O-line is like swiss cheese.
            We knew that Flacco needs a good O-line or he will not be productive.
            Thats why I think he may be throwing the 5 yard passes alot, because of the pass rush?
            Sure but that's not what Flacco's issue is. He has had top 10 pass protection in 3 of the last 4 years and has performed exactly like this on passes over 5 yards. He is what he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

end of story!
              That is not the end of story. Your "guess" does not hold up against film or statistical review, which is a big reason why we are losing games and that is what counts.

Flacco will continue to hold us back like he held Balitmore back for years. His time here will understandably be short, hopefully we can establish a successful QB once Flacco plays his way out of town.

Comment

• I doubt Lock could run the offense better than Flacco at this point. If he could, I am sure the Professionals would realize this and start him.
                (But what do the Professionals know anyway?)
                Message board folks know a lot more than them.
                That's why I never recommend DIY home surgery!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Thx for the effort!

One thing I noted, the new kids - Jackson and Mahomes, are 2 of the top 3 QBs in % of passes over 15 yards. They don't play it too safe.

And yes, your stats do reflect a QB (Flacco) that is doing whatever to get by. He has changed his game, or maybe he lacks the time to throw, or maybe our coaches are being too conservative, because he used to like the long ball. Problem is, though early, Lindsay needs to have a D that respects the longer pass, otherwise they are going to stack it, and minimize his effectiveness. For me, if you stop Lindsay, you stop The Broncos.
                  Lets just see how a player like Lamar Jackson does when not meeting bad defenses. The Dolphins do not seem to challenge anybody.
                  There is no doubt that our offense has not clicked. The running game has not really been there, the average starting position has been horrid thanks to the defense and that forces greater chances. It was clear especially Sunday that Flacco was trying for big plays to keep in the game, and that was a huge reason for the sacks etc.
                  Flacco seems to be one of the few that try to win the games and he has played excellent for large stretches. The sad part is that Flacco has been solid but not a single player on the Broncos has been consistently better over the first 3 weeks.
                  I loved seeing Lindsey finallly doing something but he has not really been that efficient this year.

Comment

• Flacco stinks and the line stinks. Both are true. That’s how you have an offense averaging 15 points/game. End of story.

Comment

• For all the deflection attempts to put the blame on the OL, only two times has Flacco been sacked in less than 3 seconds this year.

The OL still leaves much to be desired, but having a bad QB is significantly impairing their public perception. We already knew Flacco was more of a "sink all ships" than "raise all boats" kinda guy, so no surprise.

Comment

I doubt Lock could run the offense better than Flacco at this point. If he could, I am sure the Professionals would realize this and start him.
                        (But what do the Professionals know anyway?)
                        Message board folks know a lot more than them.
                        That's why I never recommend DIY home surgery!!!!!

They might if he weren't on IR.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          For all the deflection attempts to put the blame on the OL, only two times has Flacco been sacked in less than 3 seconds this year.

The OL still leaves much to be desired, but having a bad QB is significantly impairing their public perception. We already knew Flacco was more of a "sink all ships" than "raise all boats" kinda guy, so no surprise.
                          This the great QB's raise the level of play of those around them. Flacco makes them look worse. Flacco had a qb rating of 68.6 last season against the blitz last season according to next gen stats 30th out of 33 qualified qb's. In 2017 he had a 5.8 YPA against the blitz.

The book has been out for years on Flacco blitz the f out of him and he'll panic and turn into captain checkdown. Our line isn't great but Flacco is making it look even worse. I mentioned it another thread but to see how this works when you have a QB playing well take a look at Tyrod versus Mayfield last year. Tyrod was getting blitzed and hammered all year he had 13 sacks in 3.5 games and on pace for 59 sacks 2nd most among all teams. Mayfield comes in and gets sacked 25 times in 12.5 starts which would have put him on pace for 32 sacks. Which would have put Browns in the bottom five in sacks.

What changed? Did the Oline suddenly figure out how to pass block as soon as Mayfield became the starter? No. He had a 123.3 QB rating against the blitz. The only way to stop pressure is to burn teams when they keep bringing it. The sad part is the packer game showed you don't necessarily have to blitz Flacco either.

As coach said "There was definitely a few of those [sacks] where he held on to it for a long time. There's only so much time you can hold it back there, and Joe's got to do a better job of getting it out quicker,"

When you aren't beating the blitz as a passing offense and when teams drop into coverage you are taking coverage sacks instead of marching it down the field how can you blame the oline?
                          Last edited by FlaccoTruther; 09-26-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• Flacco is an average to below average QB playing on a bad team. Sure, an all pro QB would make things better and more fun to watch, but it would take an all pro QB to raise up this team.

Flacco isn’t a guy who is going to overcome all of this team’s deficiencies. I personally don’t see how anyone can look at this roster and coaching staff and think this team is only a QB away - other than an all world QB, which isn’t very realistic.

Our TEs and WRs are not playing at a high level. This team has an issue with drops. Holding is an issue. Defense is an issue. Special teams is an issue. Play calling and communication is an issue.

I’m not a huge Flacco fan, but he’s only one of many issues with this franchise.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Flacco is an average to below average QB playing on a bad team. Sure, an all pro QB would make things better and more fun to watch, but it would take an all pro QB to raise up this team.

Flacco isn’t a guy who is going to overcome all of this team’s deficiencies. I personally don’t see how anyone can look at this roster and coaching staff and think this team is only a QB away - other than an all world QB, which isn’t very realistic.

Our TEs and WRs are not playing at a high level. This team has an issue with drops. Holding is an issue. Defense is an issue. Special teams is an issue. Play calling and communication is an issue.

I’m not a huge Flacco fan, but he’s only one of many issues with this franchise.

Jacksonville had the same problems however with a New QB They are now Trending up a QB truly make or break your Team and right now Denver has Case Keenum 2.0 Look at what happend When the Carolina Panthers played their Rookie QB in one game he has already looked 10 times better than Cam Newton change is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                                Jacksonville had the same problems however with a New QB They are now Trending up a QB truly make or break your Team and right now Denver has Case Keenum 2.0 Look at what happend When the Carolina Panthers played their Rookie QB in one game he has already looked 10 times better than Cam Newton change is good.
                                Allen isn’t a rookie and Newton is injured. That’s why Allen looks better.

While I’m not opposed to Lock getting a shot to play, there’s no guarantee he will be better than Flacco.

I’m for Lock starting simply because I know that Flacco isn’t the answer without the support of a very strong defense and strong running game.

They might as well find out if Lock is the real deal.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X