X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    If Flacco struggles again this week with his starting RT returning there better be a change at QB. Shouldn't be any excuses for Flacco this week. It's time for him to either earn his money or be done as a starter.
    Agreed. I’m very interested to see how this week unfolds. If he doesn’t struggle, though, and simply provides a a par performance, it will make the ensuing IR moves quite telling.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    This week will be very interesting. IMO, if they pull off a win, I think there’s very little chance Lock comes off IR. If they lose and the offense struggles, then all bets are off and their IR moves might be very telling. If they lose, but it’s a close game and Flacco looks “serviceable”, then I fear they will bring Riddick off IR to “boost” the offense.

We shall see how the upcoming week pans out. Should be relatively entertaining.
    If Flacco struggles again this week with his starting RT returning there better be a change at QB. Shouldn't be any excuses for Flacco this week. It's time for him to either earn his money or be done as a starter.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by chessic View Post
    As long as Lock’s had the opportunity to throw with the second team, I say let him start throwing to the starters over the bye, or sooner, and then put him in. We all know we aren’t a playoff team, and we all want to see how he does once he settles in.
    This week will be very interesting. IMO, if they pull off a win, I think there’s very little chance Lock comes off IR. If they lose and the offense struggles, then all bets are off and their IR moves might be very telling. If they lose, but it’s a close game and Flacco looks “serviceable”, then I fear they will bring Riddick off IR to “boost” the offense.

We shall see how the upcoming week pans out. Should be relatively entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• chessic
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He's been throwing since September 24th.
    As long as Lock’s had the opportunity to throw with the second team, I say let him start throwing to the starters over the bye, or sooner, and then put him in. We all know we aren’t a playoff team, and we all want to see how he does once he settles in.
    Last edited by chessic; 10-27-2019, 01:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    If I am Vic Fangio, how much longer can I watch this offense be unproductive and cost the team games ? I don't think Vic has waited this longer for a head coaching job to not try and be proactive when it isn't going to plan. Vic will be out of a job within 3 years if this team doesn't start at least trending upwards, and I think if Joe and the offense lay another complete egg, I would go to Brandon Allen. After watching Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew step in and propel their teams to some success, why not ?

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    We probably need to give Lock a week or two to work on throwing with that repaired hand, don’t we?
    He's been throwing since September 24th.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Maybe Flacco will get his head out of his butt, and have a break out game????
    Despite everything I said above, I still hope everytime a Broncos QB starts, he leads us to a win. Here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    We probably need to give Lock a week or two to work on throwing with that repaired hand, don’t we?
    I don't think he can play until week 10 at the earliest. I just want him to start as soon as he can.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Maybe Flacco will get his head out of his butt, and have a break out game????

Leave a comment:

• chessic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    I stuck with Flacco for a long time. All he had to do was be the bridge to Lock. Unfortunately, his career is over. Age, injuries and hard losses all take their toll in this game and whatever Flacco was at the peak of his powers, he is not now and will never be again. He has fallen so far that it is cruel to start him. Like an old prize fighter he won't throw in the towel but he needs his corner to take him out of the ring for his own benefit.

I'm fed up of this talk that Lock is not yet ready to start. Unless he doesn't understand the playbook or how to properly protect himself on the field of play, he should be ready to go. Many other teams this season have already blooded their drafted QBs. Not many have done so successfully, but no one expects instant success from rookies. Let's see what we have. Allowing Lock to languish on the sidelines as the losses continue to mount for lost and seemingly lackadaisical Joe, takes us nowhere.
    You're 100% correct. If Flacco lays an egg tomorrow with James back at right tackle, he needs to be benched immediately. Flacco is no longer a starting caliber QB. It's time to take Lock off IR and see what he can do.

Leave a comment:

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    More of the reason why he gotta go.
    I stuck with Flacco for a long time. All he had to do was be the bridge to Lock. Unfortunately, his career is over. Age, injuries and hard losses all take their toll in this game and whatever Flacco was at the peak of his powers, he is not now and will never be again. He has fallen so far that it is cruel to start him. Like an old prize fighter he won't throw in the towel but he needs his corner to take him out of the ring for his own benefit.

I'm fed up of this talk that Lock is not yet ready to start. Unless he doesn't understand the playbook or how to properly protect himself on the field of play, he should be ready to go. Many other teams this season have already blooded their drafted QBs. Not many have done so successfully, but no one expects instant success from rookies. Let's see what we have. Allowing Lock to languish on the sidelines as the losses continue to mount for lost and seemingly lackadaisical Joe, takes us nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I’m telling ya. They will stick with Flacco for the rest of season barring injury. Even if one of our young guys gets a chance, it will only be a game or two max.

Also, the only way Flacco isn’t named the starter next year is if they bring in another vet.

This is how this FO rolls. They will not put out an unknown rookie QB this year or next because they’re “trying to win games”. Elway says the same thing and does the same thing over and over.

They will stick with the bridge/vet QB for as long as Elway is here. Even if they get rid of Flacco (incurring yet another dead money cap hit due to a genius extension), it will only be for another vet QB. Period. It’s super obvious.
    More of the reason why he gotta go.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack
    I haven't watched him play yet, but he seems to have some tremendous stats this year.
    Watched him since high school and sub 11 qb challenge in which he bet Trevor Lawrence for the nation's top qb.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    I’m telling ya. They will stick with Flacco for the rest of season barring injury. Even if one of our young guys gets a chance, it will only be a game or two max.

Also, the only way Flacco isn’t named the starter next year is if they bring in another vet.

This is how this FO rolls. They will not put out an unknown rookie QB this year or next because they’re “trying to win games”. Elway says the same thing and does the same thing over and over.

They will stick with the bridge/vet QB for as long as Elway is here. Even if they get rid of Flacco (incurring yet another dead money cap hit due to a genius extension), it will only be for another vet QB. Period. It’s super obvious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X