This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I just hope this doesn't lead to Baltimore Ravens transplants here to cheer only for flacco
    Originally posted by jachba View Post
    It might. There's a number of Flacco fans on the Russell Street Report Ravens forum and one of them already announced on their board that he is now a Broncos fan.
    And we will welcome them with open arms. Right?

I will enjoy seeing Raven fans turn into Broncos fans. Is that mean of me?

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    And don't get me wrong. I don't mind transplant fans. With past QB's we've had fans who are only here for that player and don't care about anything else on the team. Those are what get annoying.

To all you Ravens transplants, welcome! Just don't be obnoxious haha
    I had a comment about your last sentence, but this isn't the Smack forum so I'm being good. Not against you, Frey. It was about Raven fans.

Originally posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Ravens fan here.

I think you guys will be happy with Joe and he will play well for you.

He's a better QB than he gets credit for and will never say or do anything to embarrass your city or franchise.

I will be buying a Flacco Broncos jersey and rooting for Joe and the Broncos every Sunday next year.
    Welcome!

Orange > purple.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Siemian was not an answer for the Broncos. That he got a Pro Bowl invite, while true, is hysterical and only after others like Brady, Carr and Roethlisberger were not going.

From an article on PFT

2017 Siemian:

23rd passer rating-84.6
      25th comp.%-59.5
      22nd in TD passes-18
      24th total pass yards- 3,401
      So far he’s been the best QB post Manning, especially when considering he wasn’t overpaid as Lynch, Keenum and Flacco have been. My post still stands true, Elway is going backwards at the QB position. He should resign immediately before any more damage is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        Now we don't have to reach for a crapshoot like "Lock" who is rated somewhere between 20 and 40 on the "Big Boards" that I've seen. And if Murray, Haskins, and possibly Lock, all go in the Top 10, that means somebody great falls into our laps as Chubb did last year.

Looking good for the Draft in 3 months.
        Murray should even be on their radar, he’s a future bust.

Comment

• Awright, I guess I've been under a rock today...

So first things first, is he healthy? I thought the PFM thing was going to be a bust and look how that turned out.

Next, are they (Balt) going to take CK off of our hands and save us the hit? That would be nice.

Most importantly, does it even matter who our QB Du Jour is behind that atrocious O-line????? I am convinced (as others should be) that we will suck until the problem protecting the signal caller is fixed. I feel sorry for Flacco, I don't recall him being all that mobile. :2cents:
          [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            Just because we don’t have to doesn’t mean Elway won’t still be the one to over draft Lock at 10. If he is truly the one so enamored with him he won’t necessarily pass on him just because he took Flacco.

And it’s not like anyone expects Flacco to be a long term answer.
            I'm betting that Elway may be a little "gun-shy" on Drafting another college QB in an early round when you think about Lynch and Osweiler, especially when you see the great results he had in last years Draft when drafting a non-qb.

Should be interesting!!!

Comment

• I can't imagine any Bronco fan not liking John Elway?

I can see Bernie Kosar not being very fond of #7.
              I think Elway has done a nice job during his time in Denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                I can't imagine any Bronco fan not liking John Elway?

Everything considered, I think he's done a great job, absolutely. I also thought dealing DT to Houston was a great move. It's not all bad.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Yikes, Elway just got crucified for this move on NFL Live. They don’t see any difference between Flacco and Case Keenum. They actually called it a step back. They said Flacco showed no interest in helping LaMar Jackson so why would he want to mentor a rookie QB if we draft one.
                  It is an odd move but not that bad. Flacco is better than Keenum and I strongly believe Flacco will be the bridge for Drew Lock who is Elway's love child (big arm and tall-evidently the only attributes we look at).
                  Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Even if we still draft a QB, which we should, Flacco is likely to have the starting gig just gifted to him and we'll mismanage the drafted QB the same way we mishandled Paxton by not giving him a really opportunity to sink or swim on the field. An opportunity that young QBs need to develop and Teams need to see if the guy is even worth developing.

But then you factor in that Flacco will likely get 10+ million even on a restructure, then at least 10 million for keenums dead cap, then a rookie at #10 will run 11 million...

All for a QB that has averaged 19 TDs and 13 ints a year since their SB. That's marginally better than Keenum this year. In fact, over the last two years, Keenum has outperformed Flacco.

Sickening.
                    The projected cap cost for #10 is ~3.4M as a rookie. As far as I can find, there is no dead cap left in Flacco's contract. The cap hits from having Flacco and Keenum is quite high so hopefully some team is interested in Keenum in a trade. Even with the 10M dead money if they cut Keenum that would make Flacco essentially a 28.5M cap hit ... that is high for Flacco but it is not something that will hand-cuff the Broncos in FA. In my estimation the Broncos should, after making cuts, have ~43M in cap space. Not ideal, but no situation next year will be ideal. I will be looking at the years after but the Broncos can be competitive next season with Flacco, some help in FA and a decent draft. I think, if the right QB is there at #10, they still take him.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                      Everything considered, I think he's done a great job, absolutely. I also thought dealing DT to Houston was a great move. It's not all bad.
                      And letting Wade Phillips walk was genius. We might have another SB or two, wouldn't want that. Keep up the great work Elway!
                      Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        I'm betting that Elway may be a little "gun-shy" on Drafting another college QB in an early round when you think about Lynch and Osweiler, especially when you see the great results he had in last years Draft when drafting a non-qb.

Should be interesting!!!
                        Lynch and Oz weren't "early" round QBs. Sure, Lynch was a 1st but late 1st and he was 4th or 5th best option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                          Awright, I guess I've been under a rock today...

So first things first, is he healthy? I thought the PFM thing was going to be a bust and look how that turned out.

Next, are they (Balt) going to take CK off of our hands and save us the hit? That would be nice.

Most importantly, does it even matter who our QB Du Jour is behind that atrocious O-line????? I am convinced (as others should be) that we will suck until the problem protecting the signal caller is fixed. I feel sorry for Flacco, I don't recall him being all that mobile. :2cents:
                          Read the Posts on this Thread, and you will be updated on the ideas of Keenum's future. He will be a $7 million dollar hit to any team that wants to trade for a backup.

Additionally, the Offensive Line was improved last season. Many of the OL players (Veldheer, Paradis, etc......). And, we had a TERRIBLE offensive line for Manning's entire tenure here. And although Flacco is certainly more mobile than Manning, Flacco is similar in that he gets rid of the ball, quickly. And that masks a lot of OL problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            I can't imagine any Bronco fan not liking John Elway?

Well you have one right here. I think he is doing a terrible. This just may cost him his job and I wont be upset with that.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                              Lynch and Oz weren't "early" round QBs. Sure, Lynch was a 1st but late 1st and he was 4th or 5th best option.
                              Denver MOVED UP to get Lynch in the middle of the 1st Round. Osweiler was a 2nd Round Pick.

That's whats called "early round QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                                And letting Wade Phillips walk was genius. We might have another SB or two, wouldn't want that. Keep up the great work Elway!

Looking at the bigger picture here, I think it's possible to appreciate what somebody has done (in any field of work) and still want a change. Personally, I'm not there yet though. I still have faith in Elway but he's made some odd moves lately.
                                Adopted Poster
                                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X