This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    Was that before the defense allowed the jags to run for 229 second half rush yards and b2b tds or after
    You’re intent on blaming a frustrated and tired defense that plays from behind 98 percent of the time while Flacco who’s put up good numbers behind Elways weak offensive line can only muster points when the opposition is playing bend but don’t break.

Stats are meaningless if you’re not scoring enough to win. Yes 24 points should’ve been enough but the opposition is getting paid millions to win games just the same and they played better behind a rookie QB.

If they can score in Mile High, why can the broncos offense!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-30-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Arapaho, I understand there are fans here that are adamant Flacco is garbage and is one of the main reasons we're 0-4.

I'm not saying that. He's been playing fine this year. He had a couple of really good throws and drives yesterday.

What I'm telling you is, this team isn't good enough to rally around a 34-year-old mercenary quarterback and won't be any time soon. There's no point in spinning your wheels with Joe Flacco because you won't be able to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs with him.

This team needs to blow it up from the top to the bottom, including Flacco, including Von, including CHJ, including Sanders, because you're one of the worst teams in the NFL with these guys and they're not contributing enough for you to legitimately move forward with them when you have so many deficiencies across the board.
      One could say that we are only 0-4 on the season but radio reports are suggesting that after 8 straight losses counting last season that the team could soon start shopping both Miller and CHJ.

Sorry no link, it’s all radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        One could say that we are only 0-4 but radio reports are suggesting that the team could soon start shopping both Miller and CHJ soon.

Sorry no link, it’s all radio.
        But you're not 0-4. You're 0-8 going back to last season, experiencing 2 8-game losing streaks within a two-year period, and the second worst team in the NFL over the past 3 years.

They should have shopped Sanders, Miller, and CHJ last year. I can't imagine we'd get more than a 2nd-round pick for any one of them.
        sigpic

Comment

But you're not 0-4. You're 0-8 going back to last season, experiencing 2 8-game losing streaks within a two-year period, and the second worst team in the NFL over the past 3 years.

They should have shopped Sanders, Miller, and CHJ last year. I can't imagine we'd get more than a 2nd-round pick for any one of them.
          I actually went back and corrected my post before I saw this but yes we should had but right now I can’t see the team getting no higher than a 3rd for Von & CHJ and perhaps a 5th for ES. It’s just the nature of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I actually went back and corrected my post before I saw this but yes we should had but right now I can’t see the team getting no higher than a 3rd for Von & CHJ and perhaps a 5th for ES. It’s just the nature of the NFL.
            They can at least get a 2nd for Von, that I'm confident about. Even then I'm not sure it's worth it in that case.

CHJ you MIGHT get a 3rd or a 4th. I'd make that deal immediately especially given his comments after the game.

You can probably get a 4th for Sanders if you're willing to trade him to the Patriots or a team you wouldn't otherwise do business with.
            sigpic

Comment

• I totally get the frustration with Flacco. Obviously, this is a bad team that has major holes across the board. He’s not playing really poorly, but he isn’t the type of QB who can overcome all of this team’s massive deficiencies. He’s an aged vet FA QB who is playing at that level. He certainly isn’t very fun to watch and he doesn’t really inspire confidence. He is acting like a guy who is just playing out his final years. He acts pretty ho-hum. He is not a dynamic QB, so it’s a little unrealistic to expect that sort of play from him.

Bottom line is this is an uninspired 0-4 team and Flacco is part of it. He really isn’t playing well enough to warrant an untouchable status. This team is in need of many pieces and QB is one of them. Here’s hoping we find it soon because a dynamic QB can go a long way in bringing this team out of the gutter.
              sigpic

Comment

• We should start a petition to rename Denver,CO to Flac,CO.

Comment

• Flacco is completing 50.7% of his passes over 5 yards. Good for 30th in the league.

Flacco is attempting passes beyond 5 yards on 45.2% of his throws. Good for 32nd in the league.

Flacco is completing 45.8% of his red zone passes. Good for 31st in the league.

How can people think his inability to perform on intermediate to deep passes is not a massive hindrance to the entire offense? Captain checkdown and a bottom 5 scoring offense ahoy!

Comment

Arapaho, I understand there are fans here that are adamant Flacco is garbage and is one of the main reasons we're 0-4.

I'm not saying that. He's been playing fine this year. He had a couple of really good throws and drives yesterday.

What I'm telling you is, this team isn't good enough to rally around a 34-year-old mercenary quarterback and won't be any time soon. There's no point in spinning your wheels with Joe Flacco because you won't be able to beat the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs with him.

This team needs to blow it up from the top to the bottom, including Flacco, including Von, including CHJ, including Sanders, because you're one of the worst teams in the NFL with these guys and they're not contributing enough for you to legitimately move forward with them when you have so many deficiencies across the board.
                    That’s really the point, for the last 4 years this team has moved sideways and things just keep getting worse.

They’ve gotta get out of this “retooling” (or whatever Elway called it) mindset and actually commit to rebuilding.

Comment

They can at least get a 2nd for Von, that I'm confident about. Even then I'm not sure it's worth it in that case.

CHJ you MIGHT get a 3rd or a 4th. I'd make that deal immediately especially given his comments after the game.

You can probably get a 4th for Sanders if you're willing to trade him to the Patriots or a team you wouldn't otherwise do business with.
                      What did Harris say after the game?
                      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Flacco is a great QB.

Ahem, that came out wrong, I meant to say Flacco is a great backup QB. He would be a welcome addition to any team as their backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          That he only has 13 more weeks here, strongly implying (if not directly stating) once the season is over he's moving on from the Broncos.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            Basically said he’s looking at this season as 13 weeks to go.
                            sigpic

Comment

That he only has 13 more weeks here, strongly implying (if not directly stating) once the season is over he's moving on from the Broncos.
                              It's probably time to get him out of here then. He's a man DB not a zone DB anyhow. A statement like that though is basically saying, I'm a merc and I'm not truly a part of this team. The Broncos coming together as a team is a big part of their problem right now.

Statement says enough. It's unfortunate, but starting a brand new system ...... you don't need that kind of attitude. It's the beginning not the end
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                                Basically said he’s looking at this season as 13 weeks to go.
                                I would agree with that had he said "we have 13 weeks to go".

What he ACTUALLY said was "I have 13 weeks HERE".

There's definitely a difference.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X