X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    If he is starting for the next couple years, not only is his money wasted money, so is all the money spent on wide receivers:brick::brick::brick:.

Thank God we did get something for Sanders. That was money just wasting away. And he was open many times, he just didn't get the ball.:brick:
    Would really be wasting the time of any of our young offensive pieces. Development of Lindsay? Down the drain. Development of Freeman? Down the drain. Development of Sutton? Risner? Fant? Just more time wasted.

How many of them are going to want to stay in Denver playing for an offense that scores 15 points a game at home? How many are gonna actually be able to develop into the stars they can become? And how can any coach look all the guys on the roster in the eye and expect them to believe 'em when they tell them they're sticking with Flacco when he is clearly washed up?

The longer they stick with Flacco, the more they risk losing the team and the fans. You can only put up with crap for so long. Unless Flacco has some miraculous resurgence, it's hard to imagine them sticking with him beyond this year.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    There's no dead money if Flacco is the starter for a couple more years.
    If he is starting for the next couple years, not only is his money wasted money, so is all the money spent on wide receivers:brick::brick::brick:.

Thank God we did get something for Sanders. That was money just wasting away. And he was open many times, he just didn't get the ball.:brick:
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-26-2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Wouldn't be any dead money. But it would be a dead offense for another couple years.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I'm just saying, it's a possibility that Flacco starts next year also???

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    No, then it's just wasted money...

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yes, they are called dead money now, counting against the salary cap. The Broncos are paying $7M to Keenum and $1.27M to Lynch this season, with a total of $29.8M in dead money, 5th most in the league. Flacco is next, and he did not have any guaranteed money until Elway restructured the contract and created $13.6M in dead money if Flacco is gone next offseason.

Mark Sanchez: "we're excited about having him, we think a lot more of him than maybe the public does". No. Lynch: "we think he'll be ready sooner than people think". No. Keenum: "we got our guy". No. Flacco: "he's entering his prime". LOL, no. Next...

By the way, I don't know many GM's that can go through QB's like that and keep their job.
    Agreed.... the reason he is up there is bc of his name. That's why he gets more time. I hope he just leaves.
    Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 10-26-2019, 05:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Say what you want about Elway's handling of the QB position, at least he moves on from the unproductive QBs quickly. All those guys he's missed on are long gone from Denver.
    Yes, they are called dead money now, counting against the salary cap. The Broncos are paying $7M to Keenum and $1.27M to Lynch this season, with a total of $29.8M in dead money, 5th most in the league. Flacco is next, and he did not have any guaranteed money until Elway restructured the contract and created $13.6M in dead money if Flacco is gone next offseason.

Mark Sanchez: "we're excited about having him, we think a lot more of him than maybe the public does". No. Lynch: "we think he'll be ready sooner than people think". No. Keenum: "we got our guy". No. Flacco: "he's entering his prime". LOL, no. Next...

By the way, I don't know many GM's that can go through QB's like that and keep their job.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
    This has derailed OT from Flacco so I answered at one of the Brady threads here.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Bringing this back to Flacco, he has to know his time in Denver is ending soon. He will have precious few games to change our opinion of him. I certainly hope so, but I would not be surprised if things get worse first.
    And, thank you.

Makes our job easier.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Yeah Flacco going onto the field feels like a dead man walking. No life, passion or love of the game. To make things worse, his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired and prevents the offense from rallying around him. Just like Keenum was not really part of this team, Flacco will be gone within a year.
    My concern is if Flacco is gone in a year, will they change to a young QB philosophy or will they just bring in another vet QB? I’m hoping for a young QB approach, but we’ll see.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Personally, I think his ceiling is middle of the pack game manager - yawn. Plus, he's always felt like a rental mercenary to me. Just a guy in a Broncos uniform, not really a Bronco. I'm not so narrow minded that I don't think he could change my mind, but he just doesn't feel like a good fit to me.
    Yeah Flacco going onto the field feels like a dead man walking. No life, passion or love of the game. To make things worse, his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired and prevents the offense from rallying around him. Just like Keenum was not really part of this team, Flacco will be gone within a year.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Bringing this back to Flacco, he has to know his time in Denver is ending soon. He will have precious few games to change our opinion of him. I certainly hope so, but I would not be surprised if things get worse first.
    Personally, I think his ceiling is middle of the pack game manager - yawn. Plus, he's always felt like a rental mercenary to me. Just a guy in a Broncos uniform, not really a Bronco. I'm not so narrow minded that I don't think he could change my mind, but he just doesn't feel like a good fit to me.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• L.M.
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Father time had defeated Peyton by 2015. We still got a SB out of it.
    This has derailed OT from Flacco so I answered at one of the Brady threads here.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    How’s your nfl front office resume compare to Elways?
    He has a SB win on his.

Since that win the Patriots have won two Superbowls with a 40 year old QB, and the eagle won with a back up veteran.

The New NFL hasn’t won a SB yet, and hasn’t defeated the Patriots. Elway was the last GM to do that in the AFC.
    You said all that and guess what I dont care.

Let's see you medical resume or your head coach resume. To say lock is or is not healthy.

You make no sense. But keep it up. Your doing a great job in convincing yourself?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X