This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    just to be clear he actually put us in the lead 2 times, not "close" as you claim...the defense gave the lead away = FACT

now i don't want to put words in your mouth or anything but it appears to me that you may very well be implying that flacco & the offense should make sure that when they score with under 2:00 remaining in a game that said score should put the broncos up by 2 scores to ensure victory, thus letting the defense off the hook when they give up a score in the final 2:00 of play.

also one last thing, the offense did IN FACT score 24...at what point do you stop saying score more 31? how out 35? if they put up 42 is that enough for the defense to hold a lead?

last time i checked it was the job of the defense to keep the other team from scoring but if they can't do that then just blame the offense for not putting up 58
    This is the Flacco thread and most of the comments land on him.

One of the issues with the back and forth is not recognizing the impact of how the offense and defense should compliment one another. It’s true the offense had the lead in two games and the defense let down.

We should also consider what the defense was asked to do leading up to the late drive by the Jaguars. Flacco’s INT at the end of 1st half put the defense back on the field. They held the Jaguars to a field goal.

The defense opened the 2nd half and stayed on the field 10:24 (86 degrees). Now it’s on the defense for not getting off the field. Maybe the offense could help the defense in this situation? The offense had the following drives after the Jaguars TD:

3 plays, 6 yards, 1:39, punt
    3 plays, 17 yards, :54, punt
    4 plays, 22 yards, 1:35, punt

The defense had to go back on the field to close the 1st half due to Flacco’s INT, a long drive to open the 2nd half (should they never give up a long drive?), followed by the offense failing to sustain a drive on three straight possessions.

They let down on the final drive however, consider the fact the offense did nothing until the final TD drive (which was fast by the way). The defense was gassed.

Comment

• In regards to the D giving up a score in the last drive; both times there was a penalty that greatly influenced the outcome of those drives. Sometimes that is something that cannot be controlled, its a tough break.
      Flacco has done well in my view so far this season, he is on track to throw for more than 4,000yds, that is probably better than I anticipated. The offense has to be more efficient but the defense got plowed by the Jags running game and still the Broncos had a chance to win in the end.
      It seems this is like a dam that sprung a leak and that leak was fixed only to have another spring up and that is plugged and another one starts. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos deal with these "leaks" as the season goes on.

sigpic

Comment

• Since this is a "Flacco Thread" I guess its ok to say he has done some good things so far. Not too bad starting on a new team, new coaches, new system.
        Putting his team in position to be 2-2.

Comment

• I think a few things are evident:

1.) Flacco is by far the best QB that this team has had since Manning.

2.) The team is 0-4 and Flacco is not the future. The Broncos must play Lock when healthy.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            I seen a OC go soft

A run for no gain, a pass for six, then another patented sideline easily defended uncreative drive killer pass call
            I would agree with that. It didn't help that Flacco was playing poorly either. To be clear though I'm not blaming Flacco for the loss. He's been a decent QB for us so far despite posters on this forum doing everything they can to crap all over him. Several things went wrong on both sides of the ball, with coaches and players. It was a team loss.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• My take on Flacco is that he needs too many things to go right to be a serviceable QB. He needs a strong run game, a strong defense, and also a strong pass blocking O line because he isn't mobile. His 1.5 TD to 1 INT ratio is not sustainable against teams that score fast and can stop the run.

That isnt something you shell out over 20 million for, not when within a year or two Lock or another rookie QB can give the same results.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• 5 games in with a new team, new coaches, etc. Hopefully he gets his game ramped up, and starts to put up some decent stats and get some wins!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  My take on Flacco is that he needs too many things to go right to be a serviceable QB. He needs a strong run game, a strong defense, and also a strong pass blocking O line because he isn't mobile. His 1.5 TD to 1 INT ratio is not sustainable against teams that score fast and can stop the run.

That isnt something you shell out over 20 million for, not when within a year or two Lock or another rookie QB can give the same results.
                  Imagine if the script flipped with Flacco injured and Lock started 1-4. What would we hear if Lock had similar stats with 6 TD, 4 INT and 14 sacks? Would we hear Lock isn’t the problem? Not a chance. He would be a total bust starting 1-4 with those stats. We would hear he needs to stop taking sacks by getting rid of the ball faster. We would hear he needs to protect the ball - what was he doing throwing that INT on the goal line? We were beating the Jags and he threw that ridiculous INT before half - he cost us the game! Total bust!

Flacco is an improvement because we’re accustomed to poor play at quarterback. Flacco has made some plays and he’s an improvement over what we’ve had - keep in mind who we’ve had over the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    Imagine if the script flipped with Flacco injured and Lock started 1-4. What would we hear if Lock had similar stats with 6 TD, 4 INT and 14 sacks? Would we hear Lock isn’t the problem? Not a chance. He would be a total bust starting 1-4 with those stats. We would hear he needs to stop taking sacks by getting rid of the ball faster. We would hear he needs to protect the ball - what was he doing throwing that INT on the goal line? We were beating the Jags and he threw that ridiculous INT before half - he cost us the game! Total bust!

Flacco is an improvement because we’re accustomed to poor play at quarterback. Flacco has made some plays and he’s an improvement over what we’ve had - keep in mind who we’ve had over the past few years.
                    For a rookie, I'd be estatic if Lock had those stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                      Right lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Imagine if the script flipped with Flacco injured and Lock started 1-4. What would we hear if Lock had similar stats with 6 TD, 4 INT and 14 sacks? Would we hear Lock isn’t the problem? Not a chance.
                        If a rookie had those statistics, I would assume that the majority of people would be pretty impressed, and be overreacting if anything, calling him the franchise quarterback of the future. For example, take a look at Daniel Jones. Daniel jumped out the gates for that huge performance against Tampa, but has taken a pretty big reality check the last 2 weeks looking pretty pedestrian even by rookie standards. Yet, the Giants fan base is over the moon with the guy as they had grown so tired of the veteran waste that Manning was producing. In a hopeless situation, which our quarterback situation has been for a while now, fans want hope, and I guarantee fans would be ecstatic with Flacco like statistics from a rookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                          If a rookie had those statistics, I would assume that the majority of people would be pretty impressed, and be overreacting if anything, calling him the franchise quarterback of the future. For example, take a look at Daniel Jones. Daniel jumped out the gates for that huge performance against Tampa, but has taken a pretty big reality check the last 2 weeks looking pretty pedestrian even by rookie standards. Yet, the Giants fan base is over the moon with the guy as they had grown so tired of the veteran waste that Manning was producing. In a hopeless situation, which our quarterback situation has been for a while now, fans want hope, and I guarantee fans would be ecstatic with Flacco like statistics from a rookie.
                          right, just look at baker mayfield...had a pretty good rookie year but has gone so far south in his second season - 4 td 8 int.

just goes to show that there are no guarantees for anybody
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well you think Flacco is bad . Kershaw just choked again . Dodgers with all that talent cant get it done . Man I'm telling you Flacco don't seem so bad now lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                              I dont even like lock and those would be good for 2nd rookie qb. NOT FOR A 10 plus year veteran at 20 million dollars. We can get those crappy stats from someone else for a lot cheaper.
                              Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                right, just look at baker mayfield...had a pretty good rookie year but has gone so far south in his second season - 4 td 8 int.

just goes to show that there are no guarantees for anybody
                                Nope nope nope. I called that. Everyone thought I was crazy. Never was impressed with and still stand by that baker is nothing to shake a stick at.
                                Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Working...
                                X