This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The Flacco train is shortly headed to the bench by week 10.
    God, we can only hope.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      Some guys support the broncos

Some guys hate bronco players
      This is a poor take... A very poor take, and that's all I can say to this and leave it respectful.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
        Mrs. Flacco?
        Mrs. Lock?

Comment

• Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
          Mrs. Lock?
          I mean I don’t have any posts fawning all over Lock, but okay.

Comment

It amazes me that so many here seem to think Flacco is actually an average starting QB.
            He is man . Avg isnt good , its avg . You have below avg , Avg , good , really good and then Franchise .

Comment

Others have already pointed out though, that the bar is set extremely low since the last few years. He is a game manager, but is still turning the ball over at close to a 1:1 ratio. By next year, paying 27 million for that is unacceptable, and we are better off suffering through Lock to find out if he can support the future without the cap hit Flacco has. Flacco isn't the guy now, and we don't have the team to support a mediocre QB. That's the biggest issue.
              Flacco has played well enough for us to win 3 games. Defense came up short in two.
              Lock hasn’t been able to practice because he is injured.
              I support players who can play, not a kid who hasn’t done any work yet. His time will come but right now this is Joe Flacco’s team.
              I’m on board with the current team, I’ll support the team when Lock has earned the position, right now he needs to show he can help us this year.
              sigpic

Comment

• Drives me nuts that some people think being a fan means blindly supporting every player on the roster.

You want to define your fanhood that way, that's fine, but some of us expect more of this team and their players.

I support this team 100%, that doesn't mean I like every player on the roster.

Bolles, yiadom, flacco all come to mind.

Also, it's a really crappy practice to play fan police...
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  God, we can only hope.
                  Speak for yourself. Flacco is our qb, and has played well for a qb taking over a new team, and with a new scheme. This idea it’s already time for Lock is ridiculous. Lock was ok vs 2nd and 3rd stringers in preseason.
                  That logic means we should bench:
                  Von and let Reed play ( Hollins at other OLB)
                  Sanders and let Hamilton play
                  Harris and let Yiadom start
                  Kareem Jackson let Marshall play
                  Wolfe let dremont Jones play
                  Yeah seeing if lesser players are any good is more important so all the guys who earned jobs should be benched, that is not the culture i want on my team. Win a job, earn it PERIOD!
                  If Flacco is t good, then why didn’t lock win job? Cause he’s not ready....
                  Last edited by 58Miller; 10-11-2019, 11:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Flacco has played well enough for us to win 3 games. Defense came up short in two.
                    Lock hasn’t been able to practice because he is injured.
                    I support players who can play, not a kid who hasn’t done any work yet. His time will come but right now this is Joe Flacco’s team.
                    I’m on board with the current team, I’ll support the team when Lock has earned the position, right now he needs to show he can help us this year.
                    Flacco hasn't though. His red zone efficiency is among the lowest third in the league. How can you defend that? That falls squarely on him, not anyone else for redzone completions. This year is close to being already done. Another 3 game losses and the playoffs are out of the picture. When do you start preparing for the future? Apparently never, according to your take.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Flacco hasn't though. His red zone efficiency is among the lowest third in the league. How can you defend that? That falls squarely on him, not anyone else for redzone completions. This year is close to being already done. Another 3 game losses and the playoffs are out of the picture. When do you start preparing for the future? Apparently never, according to your take.
                      We are preparing right now by having our best players play. By playing them we see the holes that need to be filled.
                      Fact: Flacco lead go ahead drives vs Chicago and Jacksonville. If defense stops then we are 3-2
                      Hamilton’s drop vs Oakland in the end zone
                      Sanders falling down in the end zone
                      I don’t blame Flacco on those

We need better oline play and receiving threats. Second half last week Sanders and Sutton were double teamed, meaning guys weren’t getting open. Lock will not make Oline better or allow receivers to run better routes.
                      His pocket presence in the preseason was t great vs back ups, i don’t understand why fans think he all the sudden has figured it out while he has sat with a cast for six weeks.
                      Flacco gives us the Broncos the best chance to win. I am a broncos fan not a Drew Lock fan. I want to see us play better not some kid get some reps at the teams expense.
                      sigpic

Comment

We are preparing right now by having our best players play. By playing them we see the holes that need to be filled.
                        Fact: Flacco lead go ahead drives vs Chicago and Jacksonville. If defense stops then we are 3-2

We need better oline play and receiving threats. Second half last week Sanders and Sutton were double teamed, meaning guys weren’t getting open. Lock will not make Oline better or allow receivers to run better routes.
                        His pocket presence in the preseason was t great vs back ups, i don’t understand why fans think he all the sudden has figured it out while he has sat with a cast for six weeks.
                        Flacco gives us the Broncos the best chance to win. I am a broncos fan not a Drew Lock fan. I want to see us play better not some kid get some reps at the teams expense.
                        And yet we are 1-4 and scoring 18 ppg under Flacco...

Comment

If/once the team is eliminated from the playoffs it isn’t at the team’s expense, it’s to the team’s benefit at that point. Flacco is unlikely to have a career resurgence, he is what he is at this point. Yes we can win games with him, maybe even sneak into the playoffs, but the team around him likely isn’t strong enough for that. Why not see if Lock has that ability to elevate the team around him in meaningless games to finish out the season? Then he’s further along next season when the games will actually matter once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            If/once the team is eliminated from the playoffs it isn’t at the team’s expense, it’s to the team’s benefit at that point. Flacco is unlikely to have a career resurgence, he is what he is at this point. Yes we can win games with him, maybe even sneak into the playoffs, but the team around him likely isn’t strong enough for that. Why not see if Lock has that ability to elevate the team around him in meaningless games to finish out the season? Then he’s further along next season when the games will actually matter once again.
                            Please explain how a rookie who didn’t practice first 6 weeks of season makes helps
                            the oline
                            Sanders
                            The development of Sutton, Fant, and Hamilton Or
                            Lindsay and Freeman?
                            It doesn’t and it didn’t help Lock
                            Kid goes in there and what ever happens will either help or hurt his confidence.
                            If Lock has been healthy through the first six weeks I’d be fine with him taking the last two home games, but he is behind and that hurts our team.

Our offense has improved each week.
                            sigpic

Comment

And yet we are 1-4 and scoring 18 ppg under Flacco...
                              Flacco put us ahead in the final minute against
                              Chicago and Jacksonville
                              In camp Flacco beat out Lock,
                              Flacco is healthy
                              Lock is injured and has done nothing to improve our team.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                                He is man . Avg isnt good , its avg . You have below avg , Avg , good , really good and then Franchise .
                                Flacco is clearly below average for a starting QB by pretty much every metric.

Comment

Working...
                                X