This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Awright, I guess I've been under a rock today...

So first things first, is he healthy? I thought the PFM thing was going to be a bust and look how that turned out.

Next, are they (Balt) going to take CK off of our hands and save us the hit? That would be nice.

Most importantly, does it even matter who our QB Du Jour is behind that atrocious O-line????? I am convinced (as others should be) that we will suck until the problem protecting the signal caller is fixed. I feel sorry for Flacco, I don't recall him being all that mobile. :2cents:
    I just unlocked myself for a post, given the apparent importance of this trade. First, I concur with you pal...for once and for all, John, fix the Oline! I have been a huge Elway supporter, but there are 2 things that keep puzzling me about his decisions since signing Manning, and they can be summed up in one statement: He has not responded to the obvious concerns relative to the QB and Oline positions, and this has continued on for several seasons.

Look, Flacco might be ok, but from a little bit of distance it looks like a very temporary move, which means we still do not have our QB for the future. Therefore, for me, the clock starts ticking at the draft. Neither of Flacco or Keenum will take us where we want to go. And not that it matters what others think, but I am confident that most will be looking at this trade as a secondary news item, given Flacco is nearly done, is not mobile, and we have an Oline that is not going to protect him.

So...I fully expect us to draft a QB, hopefully early, because that young man will be our only possible long term QB, given the players we now have on our roster. And this is back in Elway's hands. He needs to hit a home run with a drafted QB. Plus he needs to shore up the Oline, "for once and for all". Now, expediency may not be critical, but at some point our O must be as good or better than our D....because the D as we know it may not be above average in a couple of seasons. It may be a dilemma in the making....trying to improve an O but also needing to give some TLC to our D, with the same piggy bank for both.

Flacco is not the future. Neither is Keenum. And our Oline needs to be better, for them and for anyone who takes over the job.

Now, one qualifier....if our new coaching staff brings a load of value add, it may soften some of the transitioning. It may maximize the resources that we "do" have.

Last edited by CanDB; 02-14-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
      I'm not sure any team will trade for him. Then they have to pay the full salary. Why not just wait till he's released and sign him to a more team friendly deal? Or am I missing something?
      I would trade him to the Dolphins one of Marino's illegitimate kids just to get him off the books. We're probably going to have to cut him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
        We have some other major holes and weakness we need to address. I hate to pass on elite talent at #10 for a QB that might or not pan out.
        Every QB drafted no matter the round may or not pan out. That doesn't mean that you never draft one, simply because you are scared ?? Other major needs can be addressed in FA

Comment

• All this proves is that the Keenum bridge has collapsed into the river and we need a new one! I'm ok with Flacco taking up the reigns on a temporary basis until we get a shot at someone better in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Every QB drafted no matter the round may or not pan out. That doesn't mean that you never draft one, simply because you are scared ?? Other major needs can be addressed in FA
            The 2020 QB draft class looks much better than this years does by far. I’m not a fan of this years QB class tbh. Denver needs young franchise QB no doubt about it however I’m not comfortable drafting another bust like Lynch and osweiler were. Elway drafts well outside of QB that much is known. I feel we can get elite cornerstone player of the franchise at pick #10. I’d hate to waste it on another QB that flops early in the draft.
            Last edited by Chillez; 02-13-2019, 03:31 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

The 2019 QB draft class looks much better than this years does by far. I’m not a fan of this years QB class tbh. Denver needs young franchise QB no doubt about it however I’m not comfortable drafting another bust like Lynch and osweiler were. Elway drafts well outside of QB that much is known. I feel we can get elite cornerstone player of the franchise at pick #10. I’d hate to waste it on another QB that flops early in the draft.
              I think you mean the 2020 qb class. This is the 2019 qb class coming up.

If we use #10 for a non qb which honestly my preference would be at LT we will probably get a better player. But if it’s any other position but LT I can all but guarantee we will be drafting top 10 again in 2020 with Flacco at the helm.

The question is do you think we can suck enough for it to matter than the 20 qb class is better? If we win 6-8 games we may not be able to get one of them. We may try to trade up but could fail if the wrong teams are already up there and want those QBs.

I’m just not comfortable mortgaging 2019 hoping we suck enough to get one of those guys.

I can’t stomach another 6-10 or 7-9 season and the best we can do is option 4 or 5 out of the 2020 qb class.
              sigpic

Comment

The 2019 QB draft class looks much better than this years does by far. I’m not a fan of this years QB class tbh. Denver needs young franchise QB no doubt about it however I’m not comfortable drafting another bust like Lynch and osweiler were. Elway drafts well outside of QB that much is known. I feel we can get elite cornerstone player of the franchise at pick #10. I’d hate to waste it on another QB that flops early in the draft.
                Are you comfortable giving up multiple and future picks to get to where we are right now....next year??? If you don't like taking a gamble now on a QB who is the QB next year worth that steep of a price???

Comment

• Apparently we are giving up a fourth...
                  It hurts...
                  sigpic

Comment

Are you comfortable giving up multiple and future picks to get to where we are right now....next year??? If you don't like taking a gamble now on a QB who is the QB next year worth that steep of a price???
                    Fromm, Tua, Justin Herbert and Kelly Bryant are likely all better than anyone in this draft.

Maybe not Bryant but the first three for sure. I would feel much better trading up for one of them than for anyone this year.

I just don’t want to suck again to be close enough to do it.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      I think you mean the 2020 qb class. This is the 2019 qb class coming up.

If we use #10 for a non qb which honestly my preference would be at LT we will probably get a better player. But if it’s any other position but LT I can all but guarantee we will be drafting top 10 again in 2020 with Flacco at the helm.

The question is do you think we can suck enough for it to matter than the 20 qb class is better? If we win 6-8 games we may not be able to get one of them. We may try to trade up but could fail if the wrong teams are already up there and want those QBs.

I’m just not comfortable mortgaging 2019 hoping we suck enough to get one of those guys.

I can’t stomach another 6-10 or 7-9 season and the best we can do is option 4 or 5 out of the 2020 qb class.
                      Exactly, Is the 4th best option in next years class really that much better than the 2nd guy in this one??? Hell no it isn't!! Haskins or Lock will be good starting QBs in this league and are well within striking distance to land one. Depending on where some FA QBs go we may not even have to trade up to get one.

Comment

• Trade Case to Carolina for a 5 or 6

Comment

Exactly, Is the 4th best option in next years class really that much better than the 2nd guy in this one??? Hell no it isn't!! Haskins or Lock will be good starting QBs in this league and are well within striking distance to land one. Depending on where some FA QBs go we may not even have to trade up to get one.
                          Fourth option next year probably isn’t better than Haskins. But it could probably be argued they are better than Drew Lock.

So far no one but Elway has referenced Lock as a top 20 projection and for all we know he was starting a smoke screen at the senior bowl trying to get someone to panic and take him over Haskins so Haskins would drop.
                          sigpic

Comment

I can only hope and pray that we draft a 1st round QB

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Fromm, Tua, Justin Herbert and Kelly Bryant are likely all better than anyone in this draft.

Maybe not Bryant but the first three for sure. I would feel much better trading up for one of them than for anyone this year.

I disagree, Fromm went backwards this season and Tua is aided by a superior team. I'm not a fan of Tua, to me, he'll just be another Bama QB to look good in collage and fall on his face in the pros

Comment

Bryants a 4th round pick with limited nfl upsided. due to being behind as a thrower. Herbert is talented but his production doesn't match his talent. i like Tua and Fromm. but to say you would rather have Herbert or KElly over Murray is insane thinking. i can't see Herbert as much more then a side grade to haskins
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X