This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Of course we don't, Peyton was the reason for all the other free agents that came with him and he signed with Denver because of Elway. He sold him on the fact that Elway did it late in his career and he knew what to add around him. We had the cap space to build the team up. Elway whether you like it or not is 100% responsible for the success and Superbowl victory
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Of course we don't, Peyton was the reason for all the other free agents that came with him and he signed with Denver because of Elway. He sold him on the fact that Elway did it late in his career and he knew what to add around him. We had the cap space to build the team up. Elway whether you like it or not is 100% responsible for the success and Superbowl victory
      But Elway gets far too much grace simply because of Manning.

We can debate the would he or wouldn't he have signed here side of things, but the key fact is without Manning, Elway has been a massive letdown and has not replicated previous success.

No matter how much credit you want to assign him for the Manning era, his body of work without Manning is now long enough to start being damning towards him.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
        You're not alone in this thinking, it's a tin-foil hatter that a lot of us subscribe to. Even those in the media. Sad, add it to the list of questionable Elway decisions.
        Yep its gonna backfire. Flacco won't play well enough. Lock is gonna come off IR...then whatbis elway gonna do? The fans is gonna wanna see what lock has. All the experience he has is going vs #2 and 3 defense.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

We can debate the would he or wouldn't he have signed here side of things, but the key fact is without Manning, Elway has been a massive letdown and has not replicated previous success.

No matter how much credit you want to assign him for the Manning era, his body of work without Manning is now long enough to start being damning towards him.
          Absolutely, and I'm not giving him a free Hall pass either. But nobody can take away from the success that he had with Peyton either. To argue that he doesn't get the credit is laughable

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

And that's all I'm saying. But I was not going to bc some fans have in their minds that Elway can do no wrong and he is a genius and the best GM bc of one decision they peyton made. Very good chance he would be fire by now if peyton did sign with the 49ers.

Comment

Absolutely, and I'm not giving him a free Hall pass either. But nobody can take away from the success that he had with Peyton either. To argue that he doesn't get the credit is laughable
              Well you can laugh all you want to a losing season and 3 top 10 pick with you gm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                And that's all I'm saying. But I was not going to bc some fans have in their minds that Elway can do no wrong and he is a genius and the best GM bc of one decision they peyton made. Very good chance he would be fire by now if peyton did sign with the 49ers.
                I'm not one who thinks he can do no wrong, he hasn't been able to get passed his own ego when correcting the QB position. He keeps signing old has beens and that's frustrating. I just get defensive when people refuse to give him any credit for the success this team had prior to the last couple of years. "It was all Peyton" but Elway was the architect that deserves the credit

Comment

• I know Elway's has made mistakes, and I know some people learn from their mistakes. And I know that Elway has done an awful lot for the Denver Broncos. And For Better or For Worse, he deserves our respect. We need not fire John Elway from the Denver Broncos, we signed him to a contract, and it is up to us, to honor that contract. Lets see if he can have a 4th quarter comeback as GM, and lets not be disrespectful for one of the greatest Denver Bronco Legends in team history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    I know Elway's has made mistakes, and I know some people learn from their mistakes. And I know that Elway has done an awful lot for the Denver Broncos. And For Better or For Worse, he deserves our respect. We need not fire John Elway from the Denver Broncos, we signed him to a contract, and it is up to us, to honor that contract. Lets see if he can have a 4th quarter comeback as GM, and lets not be disrespectful for one of the greatest Denver Bronco Legends in team history.
                    Bc we want him fired doesn't mean we are being disrespectful. Elway is not a God. This entire thread is about him getting fired in which over 50% of the community feel as such. Miss me with the contract talk. Does Elway fulfill all the contracts he signs players to? What makes him get a pass as a GM. He was a great player, rightfully in the HOF top 7 qb of all time. But as a GM he needs to go. No passes here.

Comment

• Oops, I actually thought this was the fire Elway thread LOL........so Flacco sucks and I can't wait for Lock 😂

Comment

Oops, I actually thought this was the fire Elway thread LOL........so Flacco sucks and I can't wait for Lock 😂
                        Hear hear!

Comment

• Is Flacco's contract one of the worst in all of the NFL?

His cap hit the next two years is 24.5m and 27.5m. This year it is 18.5m. If we cut him it is nearly a 14m dead cap hit.

That's steep for a guy with the 23rd best passer rating and 23rd best TD:INT ratio, commandeering a bottom feeder offense(18.5ppg) and losing games(1-4). QBs performing like that on teams like this are usually hitting the cap for less than 15m, many are on rookie contracts.

Maybe, but it's probably the worst on the team currently.

Comment

I'm not one who thinks he can do no wrong, he hasn't been able to get passed his own ego when correcting the QB position. He keeps signing old has beens and that's frustrating. I just get defensive when people refuse to give him any credit for the success this team had prior to the last couple of years. "It was all Peyton" but Elway was the architect that deserves the credit
                            He deserves credit for the successes just as he deserves blame for the failures. The biggest issue is that even during the Manning years he didn’t generally do a good job drafting. Now that we are trying to re-build it seems highly questionable to have Elway and his terrible draft record running the show. Plus he won’t even commit to a proper re-build in the first place. He just keeps trying to slap band-aids over bullet wounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I know Elway's has made mistakes, and I know some people learn from their mistakes. And I know that Elway has done an awful lot for the Denver Broncos. And For Better or For Worse, he deserves our respect. We need not fire John Elway from the Denver Broncos, we signed him to a contract, and it is up to us, to honor that contract. Lets see if he can have a 4th quarter comeback as GM, and lets not be disrespectful for one of the greatest Denver Bronco Legends in team history.
                              Bc we want him fired doesn't mean we are being disrespectful. Elway is not a God. This entire thread is about him getting fired in which over 50% of the community feel as such. Miss me with the contract talk. Does Elway fulfill all the contracts he signs players to? What makes him get a pass as a GM. He was a great player, rightfully in the HOF top 7 qb of all time. But as a GM he needs to go. No passes here.

Comment

• I'm glad we brought Joe Flacco in to bring stability to the quarterback position.

Comment

Working...
                                X