This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Below average when you look at his TDs, turnovers, and tendency to dink and dunk even when his team is behind.
    Flacco and Rodgers have the same number of touchdowns and nearly identical yards per completion. They’re both below average quarterbacks? The Packers are 4-1 with Rodgers having nearly identical stats as Flacco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Flacco and Rodgers have the same number of touchdowns and nearly identical yards per completion. They’re both below average quarterbacks? The Packers are 4-1 with Rodgers having nearly identical stats as Flacco.
      Rodgers hasn’t been playing very well this season. Fortunately we don’t have to judge either QB off of just five games. Also 4 does not equal 1 (their respective interception totals).
      Last edited by BeelzeBob; 10-12-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

One has performed like this(read: below average) for most of his career, the other has not. One is clearly, undeniably and obviously below average. The other is Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

Teams don’t draft QBs in the 2nd round if all they see them as is a backup.
          Agreed, that's way too high. If lock is going to need two year to groom. Elway messed up yet again taking lock.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Or, the team wanted to protect Lock’s future by not risking further injury. It was reported Lock had a Grade 2 sprain, which involves partial tear of the ligament. Although he didn’t require surgery it was still a bad sprain. In that scenario you don’t want a guy to push too fast. The Broncos didn’t know they would open the season 0-4, so it’s ridiculous to believe he went on IR to avoid controversy. If the Broncos were concerned with a controversy they wouldn’t have drafted a quarterback.
            Qb have played with broken fingers, dislocated fingers. We not talking about a knee, concussion, foot, shoulder. Come on with the excuses. Lock was a way bigger project than they thought he would be. Please tell me the last qb that went on IR for a thumb sprain. I'll wait.

Never seen soooo many excuses for a "supposed to be" top 10 pick but fell to the 2nd. Smh.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

NFL.com has the Broncos offense ranked #18 vs Green Bay #25. Flacco and Rodgers have nearly identical stats with identical passing touchdowns. The Packers are 4-1 and they’re scoring 23.8 points per game. In the last two games the Broncos averaged 23.5 points per game.

There are many things that go into winning or losing. The Broncos haven’t played consistently in all three phases. Flacco hasn’t been great but he hasn’t been bad. Sure he’s made a few turnovers. The penalties, turnovers by other players, defense and special teams contributed to the losses.

The offense is trending in the right direction as the average over five games overlooks the last two games (23.5 points).

I like the changes Fangio made on defense and hopefully he’ll continue adjusting if players aren’t performing.
              Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                Qb have played with broken fingers, dislocated fingers. We not talking about a knee, concussion, foot, shoulder. Come on with the excuses. Lock was a way bigger project than they thought he would be. Please tell me the last qb that went on IR for a thumb sprain. I'll wait.

Never seen soooo many excuses for a "supposed to be" top 10 pick but fell to the 2nd. Smh.
                November 26, 2018

Had to go to the library to look that one up for you but I didn't want you to wait too long. :thumb:
                Last edited by Rastic; 10-13-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not
                  I mentioned earlier that stats don't tell the whole story and you need context. The Broncos didn't cause one turnover in the first 4 games. Our starting field position has suffered because of that. The Broncos also have zero defensive/special teams touchdowns this year.

I agree that points are what matter but when I watch the Broncos play, I don't feel like I'm watching the 26th offense in the NFL. They are capable and can move the ball. I think Flacco and the offense look more like they are in the middle, 15ish. I think they will continue to improve as they get more comfortable with the system and with each other.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    I mentioned earlier that stats don't tell the whole story and you need context. The Broncos didn't cause one turnover in the first 4 games. Our starting field position has suffered because of that. The Broncos also have zero defensive/special teams touchdowns this year.

I agree that points are what matter but when I watch the Broncos play, I don't feel like I'm watching the 26th offense in the NFL. They are capable and can move the ball. I think Flacco and the offense look more like they are in the middle, 15ish. I think they will continue to improve as they get more comfortable with the system and with each other.
                    I hope you are right and I will root for it but when I watch Joe fumble or throw a costly pick on a scoring drive I have some real questions he is capable of actually putting enough points needed when in a shootout type game.

Comment

Rodgers hasn’t been playing very well this season. Fortunately we don’t have to judge either QB off of just five games. Also 4 does not equal 1 (their respective interception totals).
                      First, you haven’t provided any examples to backup your earlier general claim that Flacco holds the ball too long. I’m interested in knowing which plays and how the receivers were covered.

Since you’re saying Rodgers isn’t playing well, why are the Packers 4-1 while Flacco has nearly identical statistics? The interceptions you noted don’t negate the fact that both QBs have 6 passing TDs. Why are the Packers 4-1 with Rodgers not playing well as you claim?

As for not judging either quarterback off of just 5 games, one has a 10-5 career playoff record with 1 Lombardi. The other has a 10-7 playoff record with 1 Lombardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post

The offense is in the middle of the league for yards per game. The turnover vs Bears on the goal line and late in the first half vs Jags are two examples of not capitalizing on moving the ball. Hamilton’s drop took another touchdown off the board. I know we can “what if” everything however those examples are part of the reason they are averaging less than 20 points per game. The offense averaged 23.5 over the last two games, hopefully they continue improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                          One has performed like this(read: below average) for most of his career, the other has not. One is clearly, undeniably and obviously below average. The other is Aaron Rodgers.
                          One has a 10-5 career playoff record with 1 Lombardi, the other a 10-7 playoff record with 1 Lombardi.

Comment

When you’re talking about scoring offense and the two quarterbacks, let’s revisit what they’ve done this season over 5 games:

Flacco
                            66.7% comp rate
                            1258 pass yards
                            6 TD
                            251.6 yards/game
                            7.5 yards gained/attempt
                            11.2* yards gained/completion
                            90.8 rating

Rodgers
                            62.8% comp rate
                            1307 pass yards
                            6 TD
                            261.4 yards/game
                            7.3 yards gained/attempt
                            11.5* yards gained/completion
                            93.4 rating

Simple question: Are they both playing below average? Yes or no?

*Note: These were reversed earlier, my error.
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-13-2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

When you’re talking about scoring offense and the two quarterbacks, let’s revisit what they’ve done this season over 5 games:

Flacco
                              66.7% comp rate
                              1258 pass yards
                              6 TD
                              251.6 yards/game
                              7.5 yards gained/attempt
                              11.2* yards gained/completion
                              90.8 rating

Rodgers
                              62.8% comp rate
                              1307 pass yards
                              6 TD
                              261.4 yards/game
                              7.3 yards gained/attempt
                              11.5* yards gained/completion
                              93.4 rating

Simple question: Are they both playing below average? Yes or no?

*Note: These were reversed earlier, my error.
                              I'll just copy and paste my previous response since you simply won't let it go......

"Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not"

I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR STATS, give Rogers all day everyday and twice on Sundays!!! You can love flat footed Flacco all you want he can't carry a team and that's a fact

Comment

I'll just copy and paste my previous response since you simply won't let it go......

"Scoring offense.....26th ranked with 18 points a game. I don't know how many times I have to hammer that home. I don't care what percentage of what is going where!!! Flacco is below avg at this time of his career. Rogers is a QB even now that can win a game and make those HOF type plays moving around.......Flacco can not"

I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL YOUR STATS, give Rogers all day everyday and twice on Sundays!!! You can love flat footed Flacco all you want he can't carry a team and that's a fact
                                You haven’t provided any examples of Flacco holding the ball too long. Won’t answer a simple question based on objective comparative data.

Rodgers has played about the same as Flacco and the Packers are 4-1. Rodgers hasn’t carried his team through 5 games and the Packers are winning.

Scangarello should avoid some of the naked bootlegs with Flacco. Lock, when healthy is better suited to run those plays (ran them successfully in preseason).

Comment

Working...
                                X