• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I get what you're saying about Flacco,
    but this is the NFL and first-round TEs,
    at 6-4, 249 with 4.5 speed
    going against a DB
    should be able to make that catch or
    at least do a better job at fighting for the catch.

Fant seems either lost or misused.
    I agree, it was a combination of an under thrown ball and Fant not knowing how to come back to the ball. Maybe the sun played a role?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      During the game I thought the INT was on Fant for not coming back to the ball. After watching the play again the INT was mainly on Flacco. The protection was solid. Instead of stepping into the throw Flacco threw it off his back foot. He over reacted to pressure that really wasn’t there. If he made a better throw that pass drops right into Fant’s hands. Fant should learn in time to locate the ball and come back if under thrown like today.
      I don’t think Fant even expected the ball to be honest. He tried to look for the ball late and when he did he looked straight up like it was passing over his head. I’m guessing he heard someone on the field saying to look for the ball. I’ve seen Fant make over the shoulder catches, so it was strange to see him not turn his head.

There’s just no chemistry between them right now. Combined with the huge learning curve that TEs go through from college to the NFL (2nd biggest to QB IMO) and you see stuff like this. I still see flashes from him here and there though, just got to struggle through these growing pains

Comment

I agree, it was a combination of an under thrown ball and Fant not knowing how to come back to the ball. Maybe the sun played a role?
        I don’t think Fant knew the ball was thrown to him. It hit him in the back and he wasn’t looking back for it.

Only defense I can give Flacco on that is I don’t think Fant was aware.
        sigpic

Comment

The challenge with Flacco and the offense is that they aren’t playing well enough to beat good teams (obviously). The defense played extremely well but Mariota has struggled most of the season. To win games against good teams we’ll need Flacco and the offense to play better. There were plays Flacco left on the field today. On a related note Leary needs to sit the bench. Part of Flacco’s issue is sensing pressure that isn’t actually there because the line has had problems in pass protection. The INT today was a perfect example - there wasn’t really pressure but Flacco thought there was and threw off his back foot.
          The real problem, as you mentioned, is the OL.

Flacco can't block and pass at the same time.
          Does he make bone head plays? Sure.

But the OL has always been suspect
          and putting a statue-QB back there isn't going to help.

What's going on with McGovern?

Wilkinson did better this week,
          but he's strictly depth, which is what he is.
          Depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I don’t think Fant even expected the ball to be honest. He tried to look for the ball late and when he did he looked straight up like it was passing over his head. I’m guessing he heard someone on the field saying to look for the ball. I’ve seen Fant make over the shoulder catches, so it was strange to see him not turn his head.

There’s just no chemistry between them right now. Combined with the huge learning curve that TEs go through from college to the NFL (2nd biggest to QB IMO) and you see stuff like this. I still see flashes from him here and there though, just got to struggle through these growing pains
            Everyone praised Hockenson to Detroit and after week one he was major flopping before his injury.
            sigpic

Comment

I think the sun played a part, for sure.

Did anyone else see Harris Jr point at the sun
              after AJ Brown caught a nice ball against him?

Hilarious!

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Everyone praised Hockenson to Detroit and after week one he was major flopping before his injury.
                Yeah but that was against a Vance Joseph defense. He thinks the turf will cover TEs

Comment

Yeah but that was against a Vance Joseph defense. He thinks the turf will cover TEs
                  That only seems to stop Eric decker

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

• Never have I seen so much depression after a win

Welcome to Funkytown...

Last edited by Rastic; 10-13-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

That ball should be outside beyond Fant because the safety came late. Even the DB covering didn’t look for the ball because he expected it to be over Fant’s shoulder. Again, a veteran TE might make that play but Flacco under threw the ball. Fant was running to the sideline. Maybe they weren’t on the same page but either way Flacco went off his back foot and it looked under thrown IMO.

Comment

I think the sun played a part, for sure.

Did anyone else see Harris Jr point at the sun
                        after AJ Brown caught a nice ball against him?

Hilarious!
                        Yeah it just didn’t work out. Would like some of those plays to work for Fant to build his confidence.

We just have to accept Harris pointing at someone or something. Lol

Comment

The real problem, as you mentioned, is the OL.

Flacco can't block and pass at the same time.
                          Does he make bone head plays? Sure.

But the OL has always been suspect
                          and putting a statue-QB back there isn't going to help.

What's going on with McGovern?

Wilkinson did better this week,
                          but he's strictly depth, which is what he is.
                          Depth.
                          The issue is what happens to a QB over time with a poor line. On that play, regardless of whether Fant should have turned back or not was Flacco throwing off his back foot. Flacco perceived pressure that wasn’t there (because of previous issues with protection).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            Never have I seen so much depression after a win

Welcome to Funkytown...

A shutout and a free DJ...I’ll take it!

Comment

• People overstate how bad our OL is. Most plays Flacco has enough protection to make a play. The Titans wish they had our OL. It’s not great by any means, and it definitely has penalty issues, but it’s providing roughly average pass protection right now. The issue is that Flacco is not the kind of QB who makes his OL look better. He’s the type of QB who makes his OL look much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                Coming into today Joe Flaccos qb rating was 22nd in the league out of 33 eligible NFL QB’s. He then posted a 67.1 rating today which likely lowers him further down the totem pole.

The notion he is even average is purely agenda based and not rooted in facts.
                                I guess I can't argue with that. I can say though that the Broncos schedule is quite a bit more difficult than average. And the fact that it's year one in this entire team system

I'm not saying he's the answer I just think some of you guys are harder on him than seems appropriate. I'd rather have a franchise QB too, but I don't feel like Lock is that guy. Be nice if we can find out this season before next draft though........ who Lock is. Right now the team is too green to make a change probably.

Last 4 games at least would be somewhat helpful in learning who Lock might be
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X