Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At first I was disappointed but I like the trade. It's basically Flacco for a 4th rounder which is what we sent DT to the Texans for, and DT might be done now. Flacco is definitely better than Keenum, won't be prohibitively expensive like Foles and is a true stopgap like we were looking for in Keenum last year. I'm guessing we hold onto Keenum but trade him if someone is actually willing to take him.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• Nothing against Flacco, this doesn’t seem like an upgrade, particularly not at the cost of a 4th + Flacco’s salary + Keemun dead money. There goes at least $10M that could have gone to a FA pickup, and it doesn’t change the need for a young QB. Maybe it defers it for a year, but I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        Then what does Denver moving up have to do with the comment? You’re talking early in the round, which would be incorrect, he was selected late in the round.
        An "early round" pick is a 1st or 2nd Round pick. You are talking about an "early 1st Round " pick. That wasn't what we were talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncommish View Post
          I am wondering how Flaco's strengths meld with the new OC's style of Offense? Given what was seen this year, we will be a run oriented team next year, with Flaco's big arm keeping defensive backs honest so the run game has more room to bust one.
          The usual compliment to a viable rushing attack is a deep passing attack.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I disagree, Fromm went backwards this season and Tua is aided by a superior team. I'm not a fan of Tua, to me, he'll just be another Bama QB to look good in collage and fall on his face in the pros
            Wrong. Fromm didn’t go backwards at all. He had a higher completion %, more passing yards, more tds and one less pick from 2017. They just had a far worse defense than 2017 due to losing a lot of draft talent and not having Bama depth.

As for Tua we will agree to disagree. By far. I’m an Auburn fan so I’ve witnessed Bama QBs a lot. And how they always flop in the NfL. They have all played with far superior talent. But Tua is the first to put up heisman caliber stats and take that offense to new heights where the focus was more on passing than a ground game with good defense. He is far from the typical Bama qb.

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Bryants a 4th round pick with limited nfl upsided. due to being behind as a thrower. Herbert is talented but his production doesn't match his talent. i like Tua and Fromm. but to say you would rather have Herbert or KElly over Murray is insane thinking. i can't see Herbert as much more then a side grade to haskins
            I’m not really a Herbert fan per say so much as I recognize that before he returned all experts had him the clear #1 QB ahead of all these other ones going. But to be fair at the time people thought Murray was going baseball.

But you also know from other fans I’m not a fan of Murray’s size. I don’t want anything to do with him so yes I would take class of 20 QBs over Murray. With the exception of Bryant.

Tua put up nearly identical stats to Murray but has a much better size suited for the NFl. And you can’t make a claim Tua has far superior talent and act like Murray doesn’t also have far superior talent against every opponent he faced except Alabama.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              At first I was disappointed but I like the trade. It's basically Flacco for a 4th rounder which is what we sent DT to the Texans for, and DT might be done now. Flacco is definitely better than Keenum, won't be prohibitively expensive like Foles and is a true stopgap like we were looking for in Keenum last year. I'm guessing we hold onto Keenum but trade him if someone is actually willing to take him.
              Flacco is better than Keenum, he will help Denver win more games this season. My biggest problem with that is ( and I know I sound like a broken record ) they will be drafting in the late teens or possibly in the 20s next draft. If they pass on a QB AGAIN this draft the amount of draft capital and players they will need to get up to the top of the draft will be ridiculous!! Obviously they could draft a QB still and I'm whining for nothing but I'm just so darn tired of watching old and washed up QBs that take us nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Wrong. Fromm didn’t go backwards at all. He had a higher completion %, more passing yards, more tds and one less pick from 2017. They just had a far worse defense than 2017 due to losing a lot of draft talent and not having Bama depth.

As for Tua we will agree to disagree. By far. I’m an Auburn fan so I’ve witnessed Bama QBs a lot. And how they always flop in the NfL. They have all played with far superior talent. But Tua is the first to put up heisman caliber stats and take that offense to new heights where the focus was more on passing than a ground game with good defense. He is far from the typical Bama qb.

I’m not really a Herbert fan per say so much as I recognize that before he returned all experts had him the clear #1 QB ahead of all these other ones going. But to be fair at the time people thought Murray was going baseball.

But you also know from other fans I’m not a fan of Murray’s size. I don’t want anything to do with him so yes I would take class of 20 QBs over Murray. With the exception of Bryant.

Tua put up nearly identical stats to Murray but has a much better size suited for the NFl. And you can’t make a claim Tua has far superior talent and act like Murray doesn’t also have far superior talent against every opponent he faced except Alabama.
                AJ McCarren is the best statistical QB Bama has ever had, stats mean nothing. Their offense just doesn't translate to good starting QBs in the pros, they might actually have the worst QB to pros translation outside of Joe Namath

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  AJ McCarren is the best statistical QB Bama has ever had, stats mean nothing. Their offense just doesn't translate to good starting QBs in the pros, they might actually have the worst QB to pros translation outside of Joe Namath
                  Lol again extremely wrong.

McCarron never sniffed 4K passing yards. His best was barely 3k.

He never sniffed 43 passing tds. His best was 30.

And he never sniffed a 199 rating. His best was 175.

McCarron isn’t even half the QB Tua is. And him staring 3 years to Tuas 1 does not count as statistically better.

It just means he started 3 times as many games to this point of Tuas career.

I know you are claiming stats mean nothing but I also watched both QBs all those years. McCarron can’t touch half of what Tua can do. And Tua also brings a mobility aspect to the role.
                  Last edited by DenverBlood; 02-13-2019, 02:42 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                    At first I was disappointed but I like the trade. It's basically Flacco for a 4th rounder which is what we sent DT to the Texans for, and DT might be done now. Flacco is definitely better than Keenum, won't be prohibitively expensive like Foles and is a true stopgap like we were looking for in Keenum last year. I'm guessing we hold onto Keenum but trade him if someone is actually willing to take him.
                    That is a much more realistic look at it. I have read elsewhere that this is essentially what happend - Foles to cost prohibitive and Flacco, cheaper, was a better fit to the system.

We don't know the extent of the system Scangarello will install. He's a branch on the Shanahan coaching tree so it's a safe bet that Flacco can suit his style better than Keenum and Foles would.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Lol again extremely wrong.

McCarron never sniffed 4K passing yards. His best was barely 3k.

He never sniffed 43 passing tds. His best was 30.

And he never sniffed a 199 rating. His best was 175.

McCarron isn’t even half the QB Tua is. And him staring 3 years to Tuas 1 does not count as statistically better.

It just means he started 3 times as many games to this point of Tuas career.

I know you are claiming stats mean nothing but I also watched both QBs all those years. McCarron can’t touch half of what Tua can do. And Tua also brings a mobility aspect to the role.
                      Well, you honestly can't blame someone for not falling in love with Tua because of the history with Bama QBs. And again, I point to us not being in position to even have a shot at him next year. Passing on a QB again will be what does Elway in, imo.

Comment

• I just read somewhere that no part of Flacco's 2019 salary is guaranteed. Does that mean if we cut him before naming our final squad, we don't lose anything (apart from the 4th Round pick)?

Comment

• Hate everything about this. We don't have one of the greatest defenses of all time, nor Ray Lewis retiring for the NFL to rig us a superbowl. The two things Flacco needs to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                            I just read somewhere that no part of Flacco's 2019 salary is guaranteed. Does that mean if we cut him before naming our final squad, we don't lose anything (apart from the 4th Round pick)?
                            From what I have read no part of his remaining salary is guaranteed. but there is some issue of renegotiating before the trade is complete.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sounds like a garbage in - garbage out move. If Elway doesn't draft a future starting QB this year and this goes way bad (Keenum Bad), is it the final nail in his coffin so to speak as the GM of the Broncos?

Comment

• Flacco is pretty accurate and doesn't hold the ball Too long like Case does.
                                And he has a cannon Arm!

Comment

Working...
                                X