Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    What we don’t get is that the numbers just don’t support the notion that he’s average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. It’s puzzling to say the least.
    Denver's OL isn't helping Flacco much.
    (Like QB's before him)

    Do you think Flacco would perform better behind Dallas' OL?
    If so, maybe that's his current potential.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Depends on which numbers you choose. Two quarterbacks:

      #1 - 10 playoff wins, 5 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

      #2 - 10 playoff wins, 7 losses and one Super Bowl Championship

      Using outcomes as the ultimate statistic, which one is above, average, or below average?
      You're...you're not using QB metrics here and I think you know that. 2015 proved that a lopsided team, if ELITE enough on one side can compensate for the other. We dont have that and that is even harder to do than just having a good QB

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Put him on a solid team, and I think he would be better? The Ravens did not want him to get hurt and be on the hook for his contract.
        That was one reason they didn't play him again.
        They traded back into the 1st round to snag Jackson because they were desperate to move on from Flacco, and, even with Jackson’s struggles as a passer, they dropped him like a hot potato after the season was over. Why? Because he’s bad as a starting QB. That’s why.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
          Pressures, hits, pick your stat. None of them support the narrative that the OL is a bigger issue than Flacco, and certainly doesn’t support the notion that they are to blame for his poor play.
          Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

          Comment


          • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.
            The 49ers also have an absolutely monstrous defense. Like we're talking outrageously good. Sound familiar?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
              Note that he didnt take his spot back and the improvement of the ravens offense, a better QB has a strange way of doing that
              That improvement wasn’t evident in the playoffs.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                That improvement wasn’t evident in the playoffs.
                You said the word playoffs and need not say anymore. Playoffs

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                  The 49ers also have an absolutely monstrous defense. Like we're talking outrageously good. Sound familiar?
                  Our defense is good as well
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                    Denver's OL isn't helping Flacco much.
                    (Like QB's before him)

                    Do you think Flacco would perform better behind Dallas' OL?
                    If so, maybe that's his current potential.
                    The pass protection is average. The running game is above average. An average QB would probably be getting average or better results with this offense. If a QB needs a great OL to be passable, he’s just bad. That’s the truth.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      Our defense is good as well
                      Not that good, if it were we wouldnt have lost against the bears and jags. If we had the 49ers D we too would actually have a winning record and perhaps only lost the packers game but its all theoretical

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                        The pass protection is average. The running game is above average. An average QB would probably be getting average or better results with this offense. If a QB needs a great OL to be passable, he’s just bad. That’s the truth.
                        Statistics show, it is in fact below average in pass protection.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
                          Not that good, if it were we wouldnt have lost against the bears and jags. If we had the 49ers D we too would actually have a winning record and perhaps only lost the packers game but its all theoretical
                          They haven't allowed a TD in 9 quarters, and are two terribly called roughing calls from 4-2.
                          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                          I don't know and I don't care

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                            Denver is the 11th worst team in sack rate, and tied for 17th in QB hits, despite having the QB who has the 6th fastest time to throw. The offense which is just very similar to SF, has a eerily similar QB metrics, but our OL is way worse in all the categories. The 49ers are undefeated, and we are 2-4.
                            So is it your position that being a statue in the pocket doesn’t make it much harder to protect a QB? In my opinion Flacco’s 0 score in athleticism or even basic pocket movement with his feet makes him probably the easiest QB in the league to sack. I mean you get that the league is full of guys who are paid to sack the QB right? It’s not easy to protect a slug like Flacco, not even remotely.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                              Statistics show, it is in fact below average in pass protection.
                              No they don’t. Sorry.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
                                So is it your position that being a statue in the pocket doesn’t make it much harder to protect a QB? In my opinion Flacco’s 0 score in athleticism or even basic pocket movement with his feet makes him probably the easiest QB in the league to sack. I mean you get that the league is full of guys who are paid to sack the QB right? It’s not easy to protect a slug like Flacco, not even remotely.
                                Statistics show you are wrong again, and he is not the easiest QB to sack. The offense runs quick developing routes, and gets the ball out fast. Yet the OL still is sub par in pass pro, and one of the more highly penalized teams in terms of holding being the 4th worst in the league. Flacco's lack of mobility may play a part, but the inability to sustain blocks is what's holding the offense back even moreso.
                                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                                I don't know and I don't care

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X