Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JW7 View Post
    And that's where we disagree. I thought he played decent this year until last night. Nothing will change my opinion on that.
    I’m with you and their is no reason to defend supporting your teams starting QB, especially when he leads 4th QRT drives that give us the lead. I know I never asked for the team to trade for Flacco and I wasn’t excited when he came here. But i will defend my teams players especially when they are made to be something they are not.
    That said.
    Fair is fair. Flacco last night played his worse game as a Bronco. And one of the worse games I’ve seen.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • I guess you guys are officially retiring the “Flacco isn’t the problem” statement

      Comment


      • Totally agree with this. From the top is where it starts. Broncos need a boss to kick them in the arse here and there.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Fair is fair. Flacco last night played his worse game as a Bronco. And one of the worse games I’ve seen.
          If not for some big penalties on the opening drive, they come away with zero points.

          It might not have been the worst throw Flacco made last night, but the one that stuck with me was the check down to Lindsay late in the game that nearly got him killed. The game was already long over, just throw it away.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            I guess you guys are officially retiring the “Flacco isn’t the problem” statement
            Might have to retire to "easily a huge upgrade from Keenum" one too.

            It was obvious he was going to be, at best, a lateral move from Keenum. It was amazing how many people chose to ignore his last 4 years and insist that wasn't the Flacco we were getting.*I watched several years of Flacco games to asseds and try to prove my theories yet people here and elsewhere scoffed at the results I came up with and the direction I knew it would take because "he's just a huge upgrade, he just is".

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
              If not for some big penalties on the opening drive, they come away with zero points.

              It might not have been the worst throw Flacco made last night, but the one that stuck with me was the check down to Lindsay late in the game that nearly got him killed. The game was already long over, just throw it away.
              Here’s the play

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                Here’s the play

                Awful decision. I don't blame Lindsay one bit for showing his frustration. Hamilton was open underneath on the left, but instead Flacco throws to a covered RB.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                  Awful decision. I don't blame Lindsay one bit for showing his frustration. Hamilton was open underneath on the left, but instead Flacco throws to a covered RB.
                  There was another play when Flacco had protection and missed Hamilton (IIRC) wide open for a 20 yard completion. Instead he threw the ball to the sideline, maybe all the way into the seats.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    Here’s the play

                    I noticed that live when I was watching it, LOL, His only catch of the game (which is pathetic) and Flacco leads him for a big hit. I'd chew his butt too

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      I noticed that live when I was watching it, LOL, His only catch of the game (which is pathetic) and Flacco leads him for a big hit. I'd chew his butt too
                      We were there with seats close enough to hear Lindsay scream at Flacco. At that point in the game the KC fans were louder than 72-73,000 Broncos fans.

                      Comment


                      • So I just finished the game, and Flacco was bad. I'm pretty confident in saying that had Lock been healthy, he would have been the QB by the end of the game. Basically, teams are daring Flacco to use his legs, and it's compounding on the already bad OL issues. Flacco was a problem yesterday.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          So I just finished the game, and Flacco was bad. I'm pretty confident in saying that had Lock been healthy, he would have been the QB by the end of the game. Basically, teams are daring Flacco to use his legs, and it's compounding on the already bad OL issues. Flacco was a problem yesterday.
                          I watched Lock struggle in preseason when pressured, so I agree he may ha e avoided some of those sacks, I’m not gonna give him credit for anything until he is actually on the roster. So far he hasn’t been able to stay healthy, Saying Flacco is no good is fine but jumping way ahead saying a kid who threw 1 TD 1 int in 50 pass attempts vs back ups is a fantasy.
                          Let’s see the kid get through a week of practice.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            Here’s the play

                            Flacco has lost the team. He has no business starting for us any longer.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              I watched Lock struggle in preseason when pressured, so I agree he may ha e avoided some of those sacks, I’m not gonna give him credit for anything until he is actually on the roster. So far he hasn’t been able to stay healthy, Saying Flacco is no good is fine but jumping way ahead saying a kid who threw 1 TD 1 int in 50 pass attempts vs back ups is a fantasy.
                              Let’s see the kid get through a week of practice.
                              Preseason statistics are worthless. Lock flashed the ability to anticipate targets coming open and get the ball to them before coming out of their break as well as throwing targets open when covered. While he did struggle against pressure, he didn’t get worse from game to game dealing with it, he steadily improved, another good trait to look for in a franchise QB.

                              Lock’s real struggles in the preseason were figuring out the offense and not having chemistry with his targets. We’re now 6 weeks into the season, he definitely has a much better grasp on the offensive scheme now than then. Chemistry will still be lacking but he’s probably picked up a few things to look for while watching these games and going over plays on the sideline.

                              Lock won’t come in and start slinging the ball like Mahomes, hell he may not even be a huge improvement over Flacco in the grand scheme. But he’s the guy moving forward and will get every chance to show improvement. Denver isn’t drafting a QB next season no matter who is available. Elway has given his high round QBs almost the entire rookie contract. Unless Lock comes out and looks like Lynch for the rest of this season and next I wouldn’t expect us to draft another QB until his rookie deal is done.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                                Flacco has lost the team. He has no business starting for us any longer.
                                The worst thing was restructuring his contract. That was the last straw for Elway as far as I was concerned.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X