X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think since they restructured Flacco's contract, that he's going to be the starter the next couple years.
    Or until Drew Lock wins the job outright , or Flacco gets hurt.
    I think Flacco plays out the remainder of his contract in Denver.
    If we wait until Lock can take the job from Flacco, then we're going to be waiting a long time. A veteran quarterback like Flacco will always outshine a younger quarterback in practice.

From what I've read and heard, the restructuring of Flacco's contract isn't as big of a deal as some in the media have been portraying it to be and that the Broncos are more than willing to move on from Flacco if another quarterback emerges either in the form of Lock, or in free agency/draft.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think since they restructured Flacco's contract, that he's going to be the starter the next couple years.
    Or until Drew Lock wins the job outright , or Flacco gets hurt.
    I think Flacco plays out the remainder of his contract in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Jones got wrecked by Vance Joseph's D yesterday. Still has some growing to do, but at least the Giants are moving forward.
    Exactly. The young gun took some lumps, but at least they have some hope for the future. I guarantee if Eli got wrecked on Sunday, my Giants fan friend would be blowing up my phone about how He can’t stand Eli.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    How excited do you guys think Giants fans are right now? I bet they’re enjoying watching their young franchise QB make strides in spite of losing. My best friend is a Giants fan. He spent the first month seething over Eli’s ineptitude. Now he’s texting me every time DJ throws a completion. It’s a little more fun to watch when there’s some hope for the future. Fans are more accepting of losses when you’re showcasing the future. I sure would like to have some of that here.
    Jones got wrecked by Vance Joseph's D yesterday. Still has some growing to do, but at least the Giants are moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    How excited do you guys think Giants fans are right now? I bet they’re enjoying watching their young franchise QB make strides in spite of losing. My best friend is a Giants fan. He spent the first month seething over Eli’s ineptitude. Now he’s texting me every time DJ throws a completion. It’s a little more fun to watch when there’s some hope for the future. Fans are more accepting of losses when you’re showcasing the future. I sure would like to have some of that here.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    You opposed Daniel Jones based on one statistic. less than 60% completion rate in college. Others on the board made a case for Jones based on his talent and you were not open to drafting him based on one statistic.

Flacco does equal losses, so we agree there.
    That was your response when I offered the observation: “ Daniel Jones, in just first start, already looks better than this version of Flacco.”

You were quick to throw in my face that I wasn’t supportive of DJ, even tho I posted plenty of positive things about him....

You wrote I had no right invoking his name, even tho I meant that as a dig to Flacco, not in celebration of his prospect status.

How is Daniel Jones looking now? Perhaps using completion % in a weak ACC is a good indicator about potential NFL struggle.

I mean, if you were quick to declare us anti drafting DJ in top 10 wrong based on 1 game.... well, I can gloat!
    Last edited by fraguela09; 10-21-2019, 11:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlaccoTruther
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Try telling people that back in the offseason. Even after you watch 4 years of his games to support your argument.
    Yep. I was told why you hating on Joe he isn't the problem it's our defense.

I am hating on him because he sucks and in this league if you don't have a franchise Qb you aren't competitive longterm you may get lucky for a season here or there but you won't have any sustained success. So all of our focus needs to be to find that franchise guy the next Mahomes or Lamar who can turn around this franchise once you have him in pace then you build out from there. Our entire approach has been backwards (no swearing here) we start building out the rest of the roster then find the QB. Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Try telling people that back in the offseason. Even after you watch 4 years of his games to support your argument.
    Sure. But through 7 games in Denver, even fans that were hoping for the best have to see the guy is done.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    The truth has been known for some time now.

Flacco's a bum.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    The truth always eventually comes out.
    The truth has been known for some time now.

Flacco's a bum.

Leave a comment:

• FlaccoTruther
    replied
    The truth always eventually comes out.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I'd rather lose with Lock as he learns then with Flacco . Sitting him there on the sideline with absolutely zero emotion , not even looking at a tablet to watch a replay really gets under my skin. But heck I guess it's so bad theres no reason to look at it .
    That's how I feel. If Flacco isn't helping us win, he has no business starting. Elway brought him in to keep the team afloat while Lock learned the NFL game. Unfortunately for our offense, it appears Flacco has nothing left in the tank.

If we aren't winning with Flacco, we gotta start getting looks at the younger guys. Start Allen. Start Lock. Start Rypien. At least kick the tires on a future QB. Rolling with the past in Flacco is getting us absolutely nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    I'd rather lose with Lock as he learns then with Flacco . Sitting him there on the sideline with absolutely zero emotion , not even looking at a tablet to watch a replay really gets under my skin. But heck I guess it's so bad theres no reason to look at it .

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I don't think anyone thinks he's ready to start tomorrow, I think most are so sick of Flacco, we just want to see anything else.

Thus the problem with Elway's handling of the QB position. He keeps bringing in veterans expecting them to start for a couple seasons while drafting a project to sit. Except the vet he brings in is always mediocre and the QBs he's drafted need more time to learn the NFL game.

That's why I think we should give Allen or Rypien a chance soon. We're going nowhere fast with Flacco. The game are desperate to see another QB start. Flacco and Lock aren't our only QBs. The coaching staff should give one of our young QBs a shot while letting Lock sit.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing Allen start.
    Lock deserves to learn the offense and when he is looking good in practice, let’s get a game plan built around him and get the kid a start.
    That doesn’t happen over night.

Leave a comment:

• Megalodon30
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    All I want is him to be prepared and start when he is ready, not the posters who believe he is ready to start tomorrow.
    I don't think anyone thinks he's ready to start tomorrow. I think most are so sick of Flacco, we just want to see anything else.

Thus the problem with Elway's handling of the QB position. He keeps bringing in veterans expecting them to start for a couple seasons while drafting a project to sit. Except the vet he brings in is always mediocre and the QBs he's drafted need more time to learn the NFL game.

That's why I think we should give Allen or Rypien a chance soon. We're going nowhere fast with Flacco. The fans are desperate to see another QB start. Flacco and Lock aren't our only QBs. The coaching staff should give one of our young QBs a shot while letting Lock sit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X