This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Haha. Yes, he picked Oz in the 2nd and Lynch in the 1st. Lynch never saw the field. Oz got a shot when Manning went down and ended up on another team. I don’t care that they pick guys. I care that they are consistently shown the bench behind bridge QBs. If Elway picks a guy in the top 5 (which I highly doubt), he will be shown the bench behind the vet QB who gives them “the best chance to win”.

To be clear, I want the same thing you want. I’t simply isn’t going to happen.
    He also wanted to give Osweiler 15 mil a year and even ended bringing him back for a 2nd stint. Osweiler had chances in Denver and never seized them. He had chances elsewhere in the NFL and never showed he was anything more than mediocre. Same with all the other QBs we've had since Manning. The guys we've brought in have gotten starts, yet done nothing with them.

Siemien got enough chances in Denver that he ended up a backup elsewhere. Lynch was practically out of the league within three years and is also no more than a backup. Keenum is still starting but he's never been a high quality starter. Chad Kelly and Kyle Sloter looked decent in the preseasons they got here, but have yet to crack the practice squad.

As I said, say what you want about who Elway has brought in and how our coaches have handled them, but at least Elway is smart enough to know when the guys we have aren't performing at an NFL level. A lot of teams would have stuck with Lynch given that he was a 1st round pick, but we moved on once it was apparent he was not an NFL talent.

I don't think you need to see 30-40 starts from a QB to see that he can't hack it. The guys we've had have been plain bad. We've moved on from them. We should keep trying guys until we find the guy. But we should still be willing to move on from guys that clearly, evidently do not have starter level talent.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      He also wanted to give Osweiler 15 mil a year and even ended bringing him back for a 2nd stint. Osweiler had chances in Denver and never seized them. He had chances elsewhere in the NFL and never showed he was anything more than mediocre. Same with all the other QBs we've had since Manning. The guys we've brought in have gotten starts, yet done nothing with them.

Siemien got enough chances in Denver that he ended up a backup elsewhere. Lynch was practically out of the league within three years and is also no more than a backup. Keenum is still starting but he's never been a high quality starter. Chad Kelly and Kyle Sloter looked decent in the preseasons they got here, but have yet to crack the practice squad.

As I said, say what you want about who Elway has brought in and how our coaches have handled them, but at least Elway is smart enough to know when the guys we have aren't performing at an NFL level. A lot of teams would have stuck with Lynch given that he was a 1st round pick, but we moved on once it was apparent he was not an NFL talent.

I don't think you need to see 30-40 starts from a QB to see that he can't hack it. The guys we've had have been plain bad. We've moved on from them. We should keep trying guys until we find the guy. But we should still be willing to move on from guys that clearly, evidently do not have starter level talent.
      Super. Flacco will be the starter going next year unless he brings in another vet QB. It’s obvious.
      sigpic

Comment

Super. Flacco will be the starter going next year unless he brings in another vet QB. It’s obvious.
        I'll wait to see how the rest of this year plays out before making that judgement. There's more than half a season left. On Flacco's current statistical projection, I see him out of a job come January.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

I'll wait to see how the rest of this year plays out before making that judgement. There's more than half a season left. On Flacco's current statistical projection, I see him out of a job come January.
          Even so it won’t be in favor of a rookie QB. I can see Elway bringing in another vet.
          sigpic

Comment

Even so it won’t be in favor of a rookie QB. I can see Elway bringing in another vet.

"Eli... how have you been?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post

"Eli... how have you been?"
              Ugh. I really can’t stand the thought of that. Sadly, I find that more plausible than most scenarios.
              sigpic

Comment

It’s not too early for Elway to think about Andy Dalton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                  LOL. I really hope that doesn’t happen either. Still pretty plausible considering the QB philosophy here.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Fake News!!!!! Elway is interested in building this offense, letting Flacco take the lumps and once he proves he is ready Lock will be the man.

Patience is a virtue!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Fake News!!!!! Elway is interested in building this offense, letting Flacco take the lumps and once he proves he is ready Lock will be the man.

Patience is a virtue!
                      Oh geez. My other conversations with you tonight make SOOOOOOO much sense now.

Comment

If it was 2015 Dalton, I'd be all for it. Otherwise skip him.
                        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Elway will probably draft Herbert next year, which is fine except for the fact that we wasted 4 picks on Lock and Flacco.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

LOL. I really hope that doesn’t happen either. Still pretty plausible considering the QB philosophy here.
                            I said that somewhat tongue and cheek, but we can’t put it past Elway. Lol

Comment

If it was 2015 Dalton, I'd be all for it. Otherwise skip him.
                              I would take 2015 Manning back first. Lol

Comment

I would take 2015 Manning back first. Lol
                                And they'd both be better than Flacco.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X