Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Brady would be a huge gamble, IMO. Father Time is undefeated and it's just a matter of time before decline sets in -- it could happen at any moment for Brady now in his forties. Combine this factor with our perennial O-Line issues, Scangarello's learning curve, and our current "luck" around the position and the result is...

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      Agreed that Brady makes any team an instant contender. He still represents a 2 year band aid, though. I also think the probability is very low he ends up in a Bronco uniform.
      I doubt he ends up in a Broncos uniform because I don't honestly believe he'll leave New England.

But if he does, you know Elway will go as hard after him as he did Peyton. And Manning and Brady are friends. If Manning thinks he should go to Denver, I'm sure he could talk Brady into it.

I know it sounds greedy, but I'd love to see Brady come here and retire after winning a SB or 2 in Denver. Getting to witness 3 of the best QBs all time finish their career holding a Lombardi trophy with Denver? Sign me up.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
        Signing Brady would be a huge gamble, IMO. Father Time is undefeated and it's just a matter of time before decline sets in -- it could happen at any moment for Brady now in his forties. Combine this factor with our perennial O-Line issues, Scangarello's learning curve, and our current "luck" around the position and the result is...: eek:
        Father time had defeated Peyton by 2015. We still got a SB out of it.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Neither do i.....ha I dont carrrrrrre. Kick rocks.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            How’s your nfl front office resume compare to Elways?
            He has a SB win on his.

Since that win the Patriots have won two Superbowls with a 40 year old QB, and the eagle won with a back up veteran.

The New NFL hasn’t won a SB yet, and hasn’t defeated the Patriots. Elway was the last GM to do that in the AFC.
            You said all that and guess what I dont care.

Let's see you medical resume or your head coach resume. To say lock is or is not healthy.

You make no sense. But keep it up. Your doing a great job in convincing yourself?
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              Father time had defeated Peyton by 2015. We still got a SB out of it.
              This has derailed OT from Flacco so I answered at one of the Brady threads here.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Bringing this back to Flacco, he has to know his time in Denver is ending soon. He will have precious few games to change our opinion of him. I certainly hope so, but I would not be surprised if things get worse first.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  Bringing this back to Flacco, he has to know his time in Denver is ending soon. He will have precious few games to change our opinion of him. I certainly hope so, but I would not be surprised if things get worse first.
                  Personally, I think his ceiling is middle of the pack game manager - yawn. Plus, he's always felt like a rental mercenary to me. Just a guy in a Broncos uniform, not really a Bronco. I'm not so narrow minded that I don't think he could change my mind, but he just doesn't feel like a good fit to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                    Personally, I think his ceiling is middle of the pack game manager - yawn. Plus, he's always felt like a rental mercenary to me. Just a guy in a Broncos uniform, not really a Bronco. I'm not so narrow minded that I don't think he could change my mind, but he just doesn't feel like a good fit to me.
                    Yeah Flacco going onto the field feels like a dead man walking. No life, passion or love of the game. To make things worse, his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired and prevents the offense from rallying around him. Just like Keenum was not really part of this team, Flacco will be gone within a year.
                    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                      Yeah Flacco going onto the field feels like a dead man walking. No life, passion or love of the game. To make things worse, his play on the field leaves a lot to be desired and prevents the offense from rallying around him. Just like Keenum was not really part of this team, Flacco will be gone within a year.
                      My concern is if Flacco is gone in a year, will they change to a young QB philosophy or will they just bring in another vet QB? I’m hoping for a young QB approach, but we’ll see.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                        This has derailed OT from Flacco so I answered at one of the Brady threads here.
                        Thank you.

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                        Bringing this back to Flacco, he has to know his time in Denver is ending soon. He will have precious few games to change our opinion of him. I certainly hope so, but I would not be surprised if things get worse first.
                        And, thank you.

Makes our job easier.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                          Say what you want about Elway's handling of the QB position, at least he moves on from the unproductive QBs quickly. All those guys he's missed on are long gone from Denver.
                          Yes, they are called dead money now, counting against the salary cap. The Broncos are paying $7M to Keenum and $1.27M to Lynch this season, with a total of $29.8M in dead money, 5th most in the league. Flacco is next, and he did not have any guaranteed money until Elway restructured the contract and created $13.6M in dead money if Flacco is gone next offseason.

Mark Sanchez: "we're excited about having him, we think a lot more of him than maybe the public does". No. Lynch: "we think he'll be ready sooner than people think". No. Keenum: "we got our guy". No. Flacco: "he's entering his prime". LOL, no. Next...

By the way, I don't know many GM's that can go through QB's like that and keep their job.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            Yes, they are called dead money now, counting against the salary cap. The Broncos are paying $7M to Keenum and $1.27M to Lynch this season, with a total of $29.8M in dead money, 5th most in the league. Flacco is next, and he did not have any guaranteed money until Elway restructured the contract and created $13.6M in dead money if Flacco is gone next offseason.

Mark Sanchez: "we're excited about having him, we think a lot more of him than maybe the public does". No. Lynch: "we think he'll be ready sooner than people think". No. Keenum: "we got our guy". No. Flacco: "he's entering his prime". LOL, no. Next...

By the way, I don't know many GM's that can go through QB's like that and keep their job.
                            Agreed.... the reason he is up there is bc of his name. That's why he gets more time. I hope he just leaves.
                            Ear2dastreets
                            Playmaker
                            Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 10-26-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• There's no dead money if Flacco is the starter for a couple more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                There's no dead money if Flacco is the starter for a couple more years.
                                No, then it's just wasted money...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X