Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just saying, it's a possibility that Flacco starts next year also???

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      There's no dead money if Flacco is the starter for a couple more years.
      Wouldn't be any dead money. But it would be a dead offense for another couple years.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

There's no dead money if Flacco is the starter for a couple more years.
        If he is starting for the next couple years, not only is his money wasted money, so is all the money spent on wide receivers:brick::brick::brick:.

Thank God we did get something for Sanders. That was money just wasting away. And he was open many times, he just didn't get the ball.:brick:
        Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-26-2019, 07:57 AM.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          If he is starting for the next couple years, not only is his money wasted money, so is all the money spent on wide receivers:brick::brick::brick:.

Thank God we did get something for Sanders. That was money just wasting away. And he was open many times, he just didn't get the ball.:brick:
          Would really be wasting the time of any of our young offensive pieces. Development of Lindsay? Down the drain. Development of Freeman? Down the drain. Development of Sutton? Risner? Fant? Just more time wasted.

How many of them are going to want to stay in Denver playing for an offense that scores 15 points a game at home? How many are gonna actually be able to develop into the stars they can become? And how can any coach look all the guys on the roster in the eye and expect them to believe 'em when they tell them they're sticking with Flacco when he is clearly washed up?

The longer they stick with Flacco, the more they risk losing the team and the fans. You can only put up with crap for so long. Unless Flacco has some miraculous resurgence, it's hard to imagine them sticking with him beyond this year.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• I’m telling ya. They will stick with Flacco for the rest of season barring injury. Even if one of our young guys gets a chance, it will only be a game or two max.

Also, the only way Flacco isn’t named the starter next year is if they bring in another vet.

This is how this FO rolls. They will not put out an unknown rookie QB this year or next because they’re “trying to win games”. Elway says the same thing and does the same thing over and over.

They will stick with the bridge/vet QB for as long as Elway is here. Even if they get rid of Flacco (incurring yet another dead money cap hit due to a genius extension), it will only be for another vet QB. Period. It’s super obvious.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack
              I haven't watched him play yet, but he seems to have some tremendous stats this year.
              Watched him since high school and sub 11 qb challenge in which he bet Trevor Lawrence for the nation's top qb.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                I’m telling ya. They will stick with Flacco for the rest of season barring injury. Even if one of our young guys gets a chance, it will only be a game or two max.

Also, the only way Flacco isn’t named the starter next year is if they bring in another vet.

This is how this FO rolls. They will not put out an unknown rookie QB this year or next because they’re “trying to win games”. Elway says the same thing and does the same thing over and over.

They will stick with the bridge/vet QB for as long as Elway is here. Even if they get rid of Flacco (incurring yet another dead money cap hit due to a genius extension), it will only be for another vet QB. Period. It’s super obvious.
                More of the reason why he gotta go.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  More of the reason why he gotta go.
                  I stuck with Flacco for a long time. All he had to do was be the bridge to Lock. Unfortunately, his career is over. Age, injuries and hard losses all take their toll in this game and whatever Flacco was at the peak of his powers, he is not now and will never be again. He has fallen so far that it is cruel to start him. Like an old prize fighter he won't throw in the towel but he needs his corner to take him out of the ring for his own benefit.

I'm fed up of this talk that Lock is not yet ready to start. Unless he doesn't understand the playbook or how to properly protect himself on the field of play, he should be ready to go. Many other teams this season have already blooded their drafted QBs. Not many have done so successfully, but no one expects instant success from rookies. Let's see what we have. Allowing Lock to languish on the sidelines as the losses continue to mount for lost and seemingly lackadaisical Joe, takes us nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                    I stuck with Flacco for a long time. All he had to do was be the bridge to Lock. Unfortunately, his career is over. Age, injuries and hard losses all take their toll in this game and whatever Flacco was at the peak of his powers, he is not now and will never be again. He has fallen so far that it is cruel to start him. Like an old prize fighter he won't throw in the towel but he needs his corner to take him out of the ring for his own benefit.

I'm fed up of this talk that Lock is not yet ready to start. Unless he doesn't understand the playbook or how to properly protect himself on the field of play, he should be ready to go. Many other teams this season have already blooded their drafted QBs. Not many have done so successfully, but no one expects instant success from rookies. Let's see what we have. Allowing Lock to languish on the sidelines as the losses continue to mount for lost and seemingly lackadaisical Joe, takes us nowhere.
                    You're 100% correct. If Flacco lays an egg tomorrow with James back at right tackle, he needs to be benched immediately. Flacco is no longer a starting caliber QB. It's time to take Lock off IR and see what he can do.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• We probably need to give Lock a week or two to work on throwing with that repaired hand, don’t we?

Comment

• Maybe Flacco will get his head out of his butt, and have a break out game????

Comment

• Originally posted by chessic View Post
                          We probably need to give Lock a week or two to work on throwing with that repaired hand, don’t we?
                          I don't think he can play until week 10 at the earliest. I just want him to start as soon as he can.

Comment

Maybe Flacco will get his head out of his butt, and have a break out game????
                            Despite everything I said above, I still hope everytime a Broncos QB starts, he leads us to a win. Here's hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by chessic View Post
                              We probably need to give Lock a week or two to work on throwing with that repaired hand, don’t we?
                              He's been throwing since September 24th.

Comment

• If I am Vic Fangio, how much longer can I watch this offense be unproductive and cost the team games ? I don't think Vic has waited this longer for a head coaching job to not try and be proactive when it isn't going to plan. Vic will be out of a job within 3 years if this team doesn't start at least trending upwards, and I think if Joe and the offense lay another complete egg, I would go to Brandon Allen. After watching Kyle Allen and Gardner Minshew step in and propel their teams to some success, why not ?

Comment

Working...
                                X