Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Do YOU want to see another QB have a shot or would you stick with Flacco if you had the power to make that choice.
    If i had the power, I would have benched Flacco in the KC game and let Allen play.


    The team has said Lock isn’t ready, but if he was available I would go with an offense similar to the Tebow offense, heavy run with some play action, and RPO’s and as Lock progressed build off that. I would want him to have three full weeks of practice before i threw him in there.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • I saw some nice throws from Flacco today, especially some back shoulder throws.

      Unfortunately, what we saw today was pretty much Flaccos ceiling. Last week was his floor.

      Ugh this is depressing. Just activate Lock already Elway!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by crabcruncher View Post
        Denver is two tackles from being a contender, left and right.
        The rest is already there.
        Let me guess. Because we have Flacco?
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          If i had the power, I would have benched Flacco in the KC game and let Allen play.


          The team has said Lock isn’t ready, but if he was available I would go with an offense similar to the Tebow offense, heavy run with some play action, and RPO’s and as Lock progressed build off that. I would want him to have three full weeks of practice before i threw him in there.
          This offense is built like that offense. We are all about running - I-back formation with or without the FB. Tebow was able to use a good running game while also being mobile enough to keep the defense honest.

          Fasr forward to 2019, the only problem is - Flacco is a damn statue and can't move worth a lick. H also can't put the team on his back and AIR it out because that's not the type of quarterback he is. He NEEDS the running game to help him open up the passing game.

          The opposing defenses are focusing on stopping the run and forcing average Joe to throw it. They are almost daring him.

          Unfortunately, his 5.4 yards per pass play today is pretty dang telling - and isn't going to scare any defense into watching and defending the passing game.

          So we'll just continue the cycle next week, and again, and again until finally Elway admits failure and benches his 'in his prime' FA quarterback acquistion.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            If i had the power, I would have benched Flacco in the KC game and let Allen play.


            The team has said Lock isn’t ready, but if he was available I would go with an offense similar to the Tebow offense, heavy run with some play action, and RPO’s and as Lock progressed build off that. I would want him to have three full weeks of practice before i threw him in there.
            What you’re asking for is exactly the problem. You’re expecting the play calling to get better with Lock. What makes you remotely believe that? Now just because Flacco hasn’t been playing at a PB level, his statement is still fact. And it’s been an issue all year.

            This is about 99% of how it goes. A few good plays we get into the redzone. Then the garbage starts with the first ultra predictable action........Spencer come in the game. Defense automatically knows the Jet Sweep plays are coming........we lose yards. Now we’re in negatives and just fighting to stay in FG range. And u expect Flacco, who’s now out of whatever rhythm he found to morph into PM on 3rd and 12+???? This is how it’s been 99% of our redzone trips.

            So what really makes u think Scags is going to change his terrible play calling to plays that fit Lock? He hasn’t shown that he can script an offense that fits Flacco, and he’s had 9 months!

            And it’s not to absolve Flacco for his poor play, but to point out that it’s far more than just him. And with the OC being part of the problem, it’s going to be just as bad, if not worse, with Lock.
            #swapping

            Comment


            • Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              What you’re asking for is exactly the problem. You’re expecting the play calling to get better with Lock. What makes you remotely believe that? Now just because Flacco hasn’t been playing at a PB level, his statement is still fact. And it’s been an issue all year.

              This is about 99% of how it goes. A few good plays we get into the redzone. Then the garbage starts with the first ultra predictable action........Spencer come in the game. Defense automatically knows the Jet Sweep plays are coming........we lose yards. Now we’re in negatives and just fighting to stay in FG range. And u expect Flacco, who’s now out of whatever rhythm he found to morph into PM on 3rd and 12+???? This is how it’s been 99% of our redzone trips.

              So what really makes u think Scags is going to change his terrible play calling to plays that fit Lock? He hasn’t shown that he can script an offense that fits Flacco, and he’s had 9 months!

              And it’s not to absolve Flacco for his poor play, but to point out that it’s far more than just him. And with the OC being part of the problem, it’s going to be just as bad, if not worse, with Lock.
              Because Lock is versatile, he's an athlete. You can put him on the move and ask him to make plays on the perimeter. Flacco is so slow that he can't do bootleg plays or any play that requires leg movement. Look at every other team with 1st or 2nd year QBs starting, they are all scoring and competitive in every game

              Comment


              • Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                What you’re asking for is exactly the problem. You’re expecting the play calling to get better with Lock. What makes you remotely believe that? Now just because Flacco hasn’t been playing at a PB level, his statement is still fact. And it’s been an issue all year.

                This is about 99% of how it goes. A few good plays we get into the redzone. Then the garbage starts with the first ultra predictable action........Spencer come in the game. Defense automatically knows the Jet Sweep plays are coming........we lose yards. Now we’re in negatives and just fighting to stay in FG range. And u expect Flacco, who’s now out of whatever rhythm he found to morph into PM on 3rd and 12+???? This is how it’s been 99% of our redzone trips.

                So what really makes u think Scags is going to change his terrible play calling to plays that fit Lock? He hasn’t shown that he can script an offense that fits Flacco, and he’s had 9 months!

                And it’s not to absolve Flacco for his poor play, but to point out that it’s far more than just him. And with the OC being part of the problem, it’s going to be just as bad, if not worse, with Lock.
                I don’t think the play calling would be better with Lock, I think the play book would get a lot smaller but our production would probably be the same.
                I would have definitely benched Flacco in the KC game cause he was getting killed.

                I do agree with you on one thing for sure.
                The play calling was bad today. And many of the 3rd down conversions were 3rd and long after penalties. The 3rd and 5 should have been Scangerello’s best offensive play, or maybe something easy like the one earlier where Flacco hits Freeman in the hands for the first down and he drops it.

                Flacco was right when he said we need to be aggressive and not keep putting our defense in bad situations.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  What you’re asking for is exactly the problem. You’re expecting the play calling to get better with Lock. What makes you remotely believe that? Now just because Flacco hasn’t been playing at a PB level, his statement is still fact. And it’s been an issue all year.

                  This is about 99% of how it goes. A few good plays we get into the redzone. Then the garbage starts with the first ultra predictable action........Spencer come in the game. Defense automatically knows the Jet Sweep plays are coming........we lose yards. Now we’re in negatives and just fighting to stay in FG range. And u expect Flacco, who’s now out of whatever rhythm he found to morph into PM on 3rd and 12+???? This is how it’s been 99% of our redzone trips.

                  So what really makes u think Scags is going to change his terrible play calling to plays that fit Lock? He hasn’t shown that he can script an offense that fits Flacco, and he’s had 9 months!

                  And it’s not to absolve Flacco for his poor play, but to point out that it’s far more than just him. And with the OC being part of the problem, it’s going to be just as bad, if not worse, with Lock.
                  The play calling would be better because Lock has the mobility and arm strength to run every play. He can pickup yards when the line breaks down or receivers are covered.

                  Watch the tape from Lock vs Seattle:

                  https://youtu.be/JPw0WZ_nkSU

                  0:06
                  0:17
                  0:49 > RPO, a play you can run with Lock. Flacco cannot run this play
                  1:00
                  1:51
                  1:59 > run, Flacco would have been sacked
                  2:14
                  2:49 > great throw to the TE
                  3:04 > mobility, cannot get this out of Flacco
                  3:14 > Lock was calm
                  4:23
                  4:44 > tight window for 2 pt play

                  There are a few bad throws, but how many rookie quarterbacks don’t make poor throws/decisions?

                  Look at the pass to Williams when Lock was under pressure on the rollout - that’s a play Flacco cannot make because he’s too slow.

                  As far as the play calls you have a lot more options with Lock. Defenses would have to account for his ability to run.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    The play calling would be better because Lock has the mobility and arm strength to run every play. He can pickup yards when the line breaks down or receivers are covered.

                    Watch the tape from Lock vs Seattle:

                    https://youtu.be/JPw0WZ_nkSU

                    0:06
                    0:17
                    0:49 > RPO, a play you can run with Lock. Flacco cannot run this play
                    1:00
                    1:51
                    1:59 > run, Flacco would have been sacked
                    2:14
                    2:49 > great throw to the TE
                    3:04 > mobility, cannot get this out of Flacco
                    3:14 > Lock was calm
                    4:23
                    4:44 > tight window for 2 pt play

                    There are a few bad throws, but how many rookie quarterbacks don’t make poor throws/decisions?

                    Look at the pass to Williams when Lock was under pressure on the rollout - that’s a play Flacco cannot make because he’s too slow.

                    As far as the play calls you have a lot more options with Lock. Defenses would have to account for his ability to run.
                    Look, I get it. The highlights look cool. But other than the RPO, all those plays we do now. They look awesome against vanilla coverage from 2's and 3's. But that's the problem. Offense hasn't evolved since pre-season. I guarantee that if you look at the full drive, you see all the garbage, in the same order we're still seeing it.

                    And i'm not saying Flacco over Lock. Just that when Lock gets his shot, don't expect a miracle offensive explosion or the "W's" to start racking up.
                    #swapping

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      If i had the power, I would have benched Flacco in the KC game and let Allen play.


                      The team has said Lock isn’t ready, but if he was available I would go with an offense similar to the Tebow offense, heavy run with some play action, and RPO’s and as Lock progressed build off that. I would want him to have three full weeks of practice before i threw him in there.

                      then we agree, flacco is bad, yes we support and rah rah the broncos every weekend but he's hard to watch. we're actually in agreement here , its frustrating seeing him trotted out every week

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                        Look, I get it. The highlights look cool. But other than the RPO, all those plays we do now. They look awesome against vanilla coverage from 2's and 3's. But that's the problem. Offense hasn't evolved since pre-season. I guarantee that if you look at the full drive, you see all the garbage, in the same order we're still seeing it.

                        And i'm not saying Flacco over Lock. Just that when Lock gets his shot, don't expect a miracle offensive explosion or the "W's" to start racking up.
                        No one expects this, no one has ever said this ever. People are saying the season is shot, flacco is bad, we may as well start grooming the future

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                          Look, I get it. The highlights look cool. But other than the RPO, all those plays we do now. They look awesome against vanilla coverage from 2's and 3's. But that's the problem. Offense hasn't evolved since pre-season. I guarantee that if you look at the full drive, you see all the garbage, in the same order we're still seeing it.

                          And i'm not saying Flacco over Lock. Just that when Lock gets his shot, don't expect a miracle offensive explosion or the "W's" to start racking up.
                          Keep in mind Lock was playing behind 2s and 3s and without guys like Lindsay, Freeman and Sutton.

                          I would have expected a W today because Lock can easily pickup 4 yards on an RPO. That’s not even an option with Flacco.

                          The big picture isn’t about Lock getting wins this season. It’s about Elway acknowledging the obvious failure in signing a washed up Flacco. It’s about getting Lock reps in live action to get an early start on 2020. Not activating Lock and preparing him to start 5-6 games is pure neglect by Elway.

                          Comment


                          • Nobody should be expecting to see miracle stats and wins after a QB change. It’s about evaluation for the future.

                            We shall see what the FO and coaching staff says and does this week.

                            Honestly, I’m expecting Flacco to remain the starter and I suspect they will bring Patrick and Riddick of IR.

                            I hope I’m wrong. If Lock actually comes off IR, there’s a chance we could actually see some PT out of him. We’ll see how it all shakes down.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                              Nobody should be expecting to see miracle stats and wins after a QB change. It’s about evaluation for the future.

                              We shall see what the FO and coaching staff says and does this week.

                              Honestly, I’m expecting Flacco to remain the starter and I suspect they will bring Patrick and Riddick of IR.

                              I hope I’m wrong. If Lock actually comes off IR, there’s a chance we could actually see some PT out of him. We’ll see how it all shakes down.
                              In the presser late last week Elway said Tim Patrick will be the first off IR. He said Riddick, Butt and Lock will be a week to week decision.

                              I’m not expecting to see Lock take a regular season snap. Maybe a loss to the Browns will change Elway’s mind but I doubt it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                In the presser late last week Elway said Tim Patrick will be the first off IR. He said Riddick, Butt and Lock will be a week to week decision.

                                I’m not expecting to see Lock take a regular season snap. Maybe a loss to the Browns will change Elway’s mind but I doubt it.
                                The more the losses pile up, the harder it is to justify keeping Lock on IR.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X