Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Has "Joe Cool" played his last game as a Bronco?
    At this point, it seems he's played his last game of football for anyone. I dont know who could look at Flacco's performance this year and think he has anything left in the tank. I would be very surprised if he's starting anywhere next year.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
      At this point, it seems he's played his last game of football for anyone. I dont know who could look at Flacco's performance this year and think he has anything left in the tank. I would be very surprised if he's starting anywhere next year.
      Well be surprised, because 2019 was hardly a surprise. Every year of his post-2014 has looked largely the same: filled with injuries and poor play. I can see him going somewhere like Tampa Bay, Cincinatti, or even Miami as a bridge QB, if he still wants to play; he is probably done being seen as a long term, unchallenged starter.

      Comment


      • So will the Broncos release him, and how much money will we be on the hook next year for him?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          So will the Broncos release him, and how much money will we be on the hook next year for him?
          His cap hit if on the team will be $23.6m. His cap hit if cut will be $13.6m. A $10m saving if cut.

          We will see what Lock and Allen do with the rest of the season, they may make it easier for the team to cut Flacco and possibly draft a QB in the mid rounds.

          Either way, get ready for Siemien vs Lynch 2.0 next training camp with the almost inevitable Allen vs Lock competition.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            His cap hit if on the team will be $23.6m. His cap hit if cut will be $13.6m. A $10m saving if cut.

            We will see what Lock and Allen do with the rest of the season, they may make it easier for the team to cut Flacco and possibly draft a QB in the mid rounds.

            Either way, get ready for Siemien vs Lynch 2.0 next training camp with the almost inevitable Allen vs Lock competition.
            Yep. Same thing all over again.

            They’re already singing Allen’s praises and have said Lock isn’t a priority, so my guess is Allen is their guy going into next year with Lock maybe getting a shot, but he’ll have to look amazing in order to get a legit shot at starting.

            I also think there is an outside chance they keep Flacco or bring in another vet.

            I personally think there is no chance of them drafting a #1 QB and committing to him. If they draft a QB, it’ll be in the later rounds and it won’t matter because he won’t get a chance anyway.

            I’m tired of this race to find the perfect game manager QB. I really wish they’d go with a young franchise QB, but they have shown time and time again that they don’t believe in that approach.

            Here’s hoping the FO can fix the o-line and retain enough defense to support a mediocre game manager QB.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              His cap hit if on the team will be $23.6m. His cap hit if cut will be $13.6m. A $10m saving if cut.

              We will see what Lock and Allen do with the rest of the season, they may make it easier for the team to cut Flacco and possibly draft a QB in the mid rounds.

              Either way, get ready for Siemien vs Lynch 2.0 next training camp with the almost inevitable Allen vs Lock competition.
              It’s like we’re stuck in some kind of bizarre loop year after year

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                It’s like we’re stuck in some kind of bizarre loop year after year
                I know right Unreal The Twilight Zone.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  His cap hit if on the team will be $23.6m. His cap hit if cut will be $13.6m. A $10m saving if cut.

                  We will see what Lock and Allen do with the rest of the season, they may make it easier for the team to cut Flacco and possibly draft a QB in the mid rounds.

                  Either way, get ready for Siemien vs Lynch 2.0 next training camp with the almost inevitable Allen vs Lock competition.
                  One of elways top 5 mistakes as our Gm. Pushing Flacco cap hit into future years without earning it.

                  We are paying Allen $22 mil less to accomplish the exact same stats and lose close games. Absolutely 0 reason to have pushed cap into future years for Flacco.

                  Yes we can cut him and save $10 mil. But we should’ve been able to cut him and save $23 mil.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    One of elways top 5 mistakes as our Gm. Pushing Flacco cap hit into future years without earning it.

                    We are paying Allen $22 mil less to accomplish the exact same stats and lose close games. Absolutely 0 reason to have pushed cap into future years for Flacco.

                    Yes we can cut him and save $10 mil. But we should’ve been able to cut him and save $23 mil.
                    From what I understand of it, the restructure created emergency cap room (because we had virtually nil left) (which can be rolled over to next year) and we are not paying Flacco anything more than what was on the original contract, and we can cut him in the offseason easily. See MHR article:

                    Mythbusting Joe Flacco’s contract
                    Despite what you may have read or heard, Flacco can be easily moved by Denver and his restructure didn’t add any additional cap burden onto Denver.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                      From what I understand of it, the restructure created emergency cap room (because we had virtually nil left) (which can be rolled over to next year) and we are not paying Flacco anything more than what was on the original contract, and we can cut him in the offseason easily. See MHR article:

                      Mythbusting Joe Flacco’s contract
                      Despite what you may have read or heard, Flacco can be easily moved by Denver and his restructure didn’t add any additional cap burden onto Denver.
                      If that’s true which contradicts what Papa-PWN posted then I withdraw it from top 5 mistakes.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • How about this? Signing Flacco was an incredible mistake. Massive. From the very beginning I hated it, and have never changed my opinion on him even once. And I got called a fake fan for it. Who cares about cap owed or dead cap? Just don't sign aging bridge quarterbacks and we won't have this problem to begin with. Elway has made the final mistake in my book as a GM. From Siemian to Flacco and all the atrocities in between, I want him gone.
                        Superbowl 50 Champions!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                          How about this? Signing Flacco was an incredible mistake. Massive. From the very beginning I hated it, and have never changed my opinion on him even once. And I got called a fake fan for it. Who cares about cap owed or dead cap? Just don't sign aging bridge quarterbacks and we won't have this problem to begin with. Elway has made the final mistake in my book as a GM. From Siemian to Flacco and all the atrocities in between, I want him gone.
                          I remember the trade thread on Flacco well before it happened. Didn’t want him and things played out like many of us believed. I accepted the fact he was the quarterback. Flacco was one of the main reasons for another wasted season. If you’re going to have a bridge quarterback, sign guys like Matt Moore on the cheap. Heck, Allen is 1-1 and should be 2-0 sans the epic collapse by the defense. Ja’Wuan James was the other colossal mistake with his $51 mil contract. Rolling over Flacco’s cap isn’t what matters. Wasting the development of a young quarterback and the season for other players is the real loss. There are a lot of people on the board who railed on Papa for his analysis and prediction for Flacco, which was 100% accurate.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                            I remember the trade thread on Flacco well before it happened. Didn’t want him and things played out like many of us believed. I accepted the fact he was the quarterback. Flacco was one of the main reasons for another wasted season. If you’re going to have a bridge quarterback, sign guys like Matt Moore on the cheap. Heck, Allen is 1-1 and should be 2-0 sans the epic collapse by the defense. Ja’Wuan James was the other colossal mistake with his $51 mil contract. Rolling over Flacco’s cap isn’t what matters. Wasting the development of a young quarterback and the season for other players is the real loss. There are a lot of people on the board who railed on Papa for his analysis and prediction for Flacco, which was 100% accurate.
                            The worst part about it is Elway wasn’t just signing a “bridge” qb. He genuinely thought he was getting qb still in his “prime” who had the potential to repeat Manning’s success. That’s the signs of a delusional GM who has lost site of reality of today’s NFL.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              The worst part about it is Elway wasn’t just signing a “bridge” qb. He genuinely thought he was getting qb still in his “prime” who had the potential to repeat Manning’s success. That’s the signs of a delusional GM who has lost site of reality of today’s NFL.
                              If not for Flacco’s injury in the Colts game he would still be playing. It shows Elway’s stubbornness and lack of ability to change. It’s borderline bizarre.

                              Comment


                              • Flacco was a serviceable QB on a friendly, reasonably-priced contract.

                                Srsly...we're like 3 bad calls, a few bad bounces, and three brutal injuries (james/callahan/chubb) from being in the thick of the playoff hunt. All of this while installing a new staff, learning 2 very complex schemes, and building up a talented group of young players.

                                Like any of the Captain Buzzkills in this thread would be singing Elway's praises if he'd signed Matt Moore for 9m a year?

                                And what exactly was the right QB move this off-season? Draft Haskins? Throw Lock into the fire from Day 1?

                                A good foundation is finally being poured and that's when people want to bring in the wrecking ball...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X