And I believe 7 of those wins are on the road

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• I have no idea why so many here are hating this signing. Flacco has never had much at top talent on offense and he is a great option until they get another QB in here. There is now no need to draft a questionable QB this year and they can now wait if they want to.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
        Mike Klis

@MikeKlis
        By the way, there is offset language in Case Keenum's contract. So if he's released, yes, he has $7 million full guarantee from Broncos. But if say, he's released and signs one year, $5 million deal with another team, Broncos would only have to eat $2 million. #9sports

6:18 PM - Feb 13, 2019
        He could just sign for the vet minimum and probably pick where he wants to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
          Funny, similar things were said about Keenum last year. May be slightly better than Keenum, but overall the QB position is worse off. He’s not a long term solution and we’re are paying nearly $30 million for 2 backup QBs. This lowest point for the QB position since Manning left. If not for Manning, Elway probably gets fired by now.
          one thin certainly didn't say about Keanum last year.. except that I was happy it was him not cousins..

Of course if it wasn't for manning.. But he did sign manning, and built the single best offense the NFL had ever seen around him,. That didn't work so he constructed one of the best defenses the NFL had seen.... and won one..

So ya that all on Elway..He got the players, got them the tools, and went to the game twice winning one..

He saw what manning would bring he got him and built around him...

Manning didn't come to Denver as a favour, or ask to be here, or offer to help out...

The manning argument stated in that manner is infuriating...

So back to Flacco.... not a fan, but happy it ends the one year wonder Kennum thing... and prevents the Foles failure in waiting.
          sigpic

Comment

• Espn gave us a D+ for the trade.

Whats sad...... Mark Sanchez was a C+

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              one thin certainly didn't say about Keanum last year.. except that I was happy it was him not cousins..

Of course if it wasn't for manning.. But he did sign manning, and built the single best offense the NFL had ever seen around him,. That didn't work so he constructed one of the best defenses the NFL had seen.... and won one..

So ya that all on Elway..He got the players, got them the tools, and went to the game twice winning one..

Manning didn't come to Denver as a favour, or ask to be here, or offer to help out...

So back to Flacco.... not a fan, but happy it ends the one year wonder Kennum thing... and prevents the Foles failure in waiting.
              He came to Denver because Houston, his first choice, did not want him. Many teams did not want to take a chance on him. Good job John, but Manning is gone, it’s time to work. If you cannot figure out the QB position, maybe it’s time to move over for some else that can.

Comment

He could just sign for the vet minimum and probably pick where he wants to go.
                Players have agents for the singular purpose of getting as much money for their client as the market allows. The only way that Keenum signs for the "vet minimum" is if that is all that is offered to him, AND the Broncos can't find a Trade partner.

Comment

That is a positive I can take out of this too, we won't have to go through a Foles experiment

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    Players have agents for the singular purpose of getting as much money for their client as the market allows. The only way that Keenum signs for the "vet minimum" is if that is all that is offered to him, AND the Broncos can't find a Trade partner.
                    And if he can’t get more than $7 mil, it’s makes perfect sign at the vet minimum, he’d have a ton more options of where he could go. Assuming he is cut.
                    Brock did something similar the year after we offered him a monster contract.

Comment

• Maybe the thinking here is that Flacco would be a better mentor to the draft pick. This bridge won't hold up for long.

Comment

THANK YOU. Disagree on Foles, but agree with the rest.

I really can't believe the contorted logic that I'm reading on these Boards. The choice has been made. The choice is Joe Flacco. And it isn't Keenum, and it isn't Murray, and it isn't Lock, and it isn't my choice, Foles.

If the choice had been "stick with Keenum" or Draft Lock, I would have supported the choice, .............................. grudgingly with Lock. But it wasn't. The choice is Flacco, and there is nothing on God's green Earth (or this Message Board) that's going to change that simple fact. And as Broncos fans get more "locked-in" to their opinions about this move, human nature tells us that it simply means that some people will be tempted to root for Flacco to fail. That would be sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                          I also don't know what this means in 2020 as we will have no QB left if we let Flacco. And as of today our Cap Space dropped to 18 million which is nothing going into the draft. I was a strong supporter of John till today. We could have headed into 2019 with Case and picked up Ryan Fitzpatrick. Instead we got an injury prone avg QB who isn't as good as Case. So now we have to try to trade Case, hope Flacco makes it through this year and draft a QB next year. Should be a very interesting year.
                          I don't mind the criticism, but to be a strong supporter of something or someone, I would think, would require letting this play out beyond the few hours it currently has. There are so many moving parts and all we see is one item - an important item for the position - but still one thing This could be a disaster. This could be great. This will likely fall somewhere in the space in between.

If you supported JE before today then you have to let this go through the draft and on in to TC before jumping ship.

For those not, carry on

Comment

Who could cut him?
                            The Ravens could release him. His 3 year extension starting in 2016 guaranteed $44 mil which was a $40 mil signing bonus and $4 mil 2016 salary. Unless he agrees to restructure his deal the Broncos will pay the salary on his contract and release him if they choose. He has no guaranteed money remaining on his contract.
                            Last edited by Fantaztic7; 02-13-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              Espn gave us a D+ for the trade.

Whats sad...... Mark Sanchez was a C+

Lol
                              Goes to show what a bunch of clowns ESPN are.

Comment

And if he can’t get more than $7 mil, it’s makes perfect sign at the vet minimum, he’d have a ton more options of where he could go. Assuming he is cut.
                                Brock did something similar the year after we offered him a monster contract.
                                Good point.

Now let's see if Elway has thought of that, as well. I suspect that he has.

Comment

Working...
                                X