Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    I'm not liking the move.

    Joe Flacco:

    * recent history of back & hip injuries at age 34

    * forthcoming salaries of 18.5M (2019) & 20.3M (2020)

    * pocket-sloth mobility

    * 6.3 yards per attempt over the last 4 years

    * last reached 7.0 YPA a half-decade ago
    Evan Silva tweet. Are you him, if not, should give credit.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
      Evan Silva tweet. Are you him, if not, should give credit.


      10char

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I do but time will tell if he can make lemonade out of lemons.
        Fortunately lemons are the main ingredient in lemonade!

        Time will also tell on Flacco's quality on a whole new team. Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery to jumpstart their career, and they may may turn out to be a better fit in a new place with a better system, like old Steve Young from Bucs bust to Niners champ. We won't know if that chemistry is there until they actually play some regular season games. Then and only then can we realistically pass judgement on the results of all these offseason moves. We are on wait and see mode.

        Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Peerless View Post
          I'm not liking the move.

          Joe Flacco:

          * recent history of back & hip injuries at age 34

          * forthcoming salaries of 18.5M (2019) & 20.3M (2020)

          * pocket-sloth mobility

          * 6.3 yards per attempt over the last 4 years

          * last reached 7.0 YPA a half-decade ago
          :thumb:

          One day later...still not getting it. 2 sub par QBs and another guy. Need to find gold in the draft.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by L.M. View Post
            Fortunately lemons are the main ingredient in lemonade!

            Time will also tell on Flacco's quality on a whole new team. Sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery to jumpstart their career, and they may may turn out to be a better fit in a new place with a better system, like old Steve Young from Bucs bust to Niners champ. We won't know if that chemistry is there until they actually play some regular season games. Then and only then can we realistically pass judgement on the results of all these offseason moves. We are on wait and see mode.
            I’m not passing judgement on Elway for just the move he made yesterday.

            This is a 3+ year run of continuously bad moves at both oline and QB causing me to lose Faith.

            Sure 2019 remains to be seen but that doesn’t mean it’s not currently viewed as another very uninspiring move by Elway to desperately fix the QB role.

            Now it’s possible his biggest mistake was hiring VJ. So perhaps Fangio is the right guy who can get more out of all these guys than what I’ve watched for the past 3 seasons. But until they prove that on the field we still as of today have a very poor oline and a QB who has stunk all 3 years and has largely been injured a lot.

            I’m not calling for Elway to be fired today. But it’s ok to be skeptical of the moves he has made until proven otherwise.

            I just really don’t think it’s having to go out on a limb much or even be in panic mode to believe this 6-10 team isn’t really that much better with Joe Flacco.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Would Peytons write up at 34 look any different? I think they are eerily similar. 1 win each
              Coming of injuries
              Immobile
              Old team gave up on him
              Peyton got what....46 million year one?

              I personally was hoping for Tannehill and a rook, but I'm not naive to the fact Flacco is one of few QBs to win a Bowl. Peyton was a few games away from being a way worse investment than this risk has at stake.
              2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                Murray should even be on their radar, he’s a future bust.
                Completely disagree. Murray will be incredible, and this take will not age well. I hope Elway has the guts and smarts to draft the best QB in the draft @10, if some other team isn't smarter and jump ahead of us to get him first. We would be lucky to have him leading our team for the next 15 years.

                - GB2

                Comment


                • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                  Would Peytons write up at 34 look any different? I think they are eerily similar. 1 win each
                  Coming of injuries
                  Immobile
                  Old team gave up on him
                  Peyton got what....46 million year one?

                  I personally was hoping for Tannehill and a rook, but I'm not naive to the fact Flacco is one of few QBs to win a Bowl. Peyton was a few games away from being a way worse investment than this risk has at stake.
                  It’s hilarious when people compare this situation to the Peyton situation. They are not even close to the same.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
                    Completely disagree. Murray will be incredible, and this take will not age well. I hope Elway has the guts and smarts to draft the best QB in the draft @10, if some other team isn't smarter and jump ahead of us to get him first. We would be lucky to have him leading our team for the next 15 years.

                    - GB2
                    His undersized body won’t last 15 years in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • So now, this reflects the situation a little better. Winning percentage. Flacco has Rodgers right above him and Ryan right below him.

                      https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html
                      2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                        So now, this reflects the situation a little better. Winning percentage. Flacco has Rodgers right above him and Ryan right below him.

                        https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html
                        That really proves nothing. He is an aging QB coming off an injury.

                        Why not grab Eli? He sits above?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          That really proves nothing. He is an aging QB coming off an injury.

                          Why not grab Eli? He sits above?
                          Is he Available??? Giants are still backing him. 15th ALL TIME best winning %. Only one stat matters, wins.
                          2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

                          Comment


                          • I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

                            Joe Flacco is primarily of ITALIAN descent!

                            The Godfather is assembling his MOBroncos

                            - GB2

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                              Is he Available??? Giants are still backing him. 15th ALL TIME best winning %. Only one stat matters, wins.
                              Which Joe Flacco hasn’t done in nearly 5 years. Stats are nice and all, but they don’t tell the true story.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                It’s hilarious when people compare this situation to the Peyton situation. They are not even close to the same.
                                Correct, we had no idea if Peyton would even be able to throw again...do you not remember Peyton had neck issues, like Flacco has back issues? Hadn't played a game for longer than Flacco. Your negativity serves no good purpose. If Flacco gets hurt and never plays a game for us, we are out a 4th rd pick. Oh no. What will we ever do without that 4th round pick. Hilarious.
                                2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X