X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orange crush75
    replied
    Thank you for that stat on the Defenses . I was trying to point that out earlier but didnt have the numbers in front of me . It's just a dumb argument on what's average and what isnt lol. Theres worse QBs to have come through the league and Better ones as well. Heck I dont care if Flacco only averages 1.5 tds a game if our running avg 2 . I dont care about flashy fantasy football stats . What I care about are wins . Sometimes they're ugly but you get no points for fashion. Heck if we were to win the 2 games we should have people would still be on here complaining about how terrible Flacco is. People like to complain just to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think Flacco is keeping us competitive while we are installing a new system.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    In six games the Broncos offense went up against four top 10 defenses in points allowed per game:

#3 Bears - 13.8
    #5 Titans - 15.3
    #8 Packers - 18.6
    #10 Chargers - 19.6

They also played the Jaguars at #13 with 21.8 allowed per game.

Broncos scored:

14 vs Bears
    16 vs Titans
    16 vs Packers
    20 vs Chargers
    24 vs Jaguars

In three of four games against top 10 scoring defenses the Broncos offense scored more than the average. The Jags have a good defense and we scored above the average allowed.

By the numbers, strictly speaking the offense is above average relative to the defenses they’ve played. Carry on.....
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 10-14-2019, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Flacco is Elways "Plan A" this Year so we gotta roll with it.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    What I think I'm hearing is two different interpretations of average. One that is much more black and white and another that has more grey.

To me what is puzzling is that with very few exceptions, no one is claiming Flacco is great. There really is no reason to get down on others because they do not share a view of just how bad Flacco is or is not. He's a meh QB on a meh offense with some other prominent meh pieces with plays called by a 1st year and so far meh OC.
    meh. That's the way I see it.

Originally posted by Amy-Selic View Post
    Yes rastic no one is saying he's great you're right but they ARE saying he is good enough, which he is not. He's just not, how can it be grey when he ranks at the bottom half of the league? How can it be grey when our offense is one of the worst in the NFL? How can it be grey when he hasn't even outperformed the journeymen we have trotted out the last few years? You know what I mean? It's not getting down on others, its just saying our QB play is not average.

Someone said there is no other option and he's the starter, yes correct, but why does that mean people need to blindly say that he's good enough? Why does that mean he can't be criticized? Why does that mean we can't want better? You're right that there is no current solution, that has already been discussed, but there needs to be one at some point in the future because this cannot keep going as it is. Lock probably needs to start at some point and start gaining experience and/or giving us a look at the future.
    Who said he can't be criticized? Read through several threads. It creeps into everything. --- Peanut the member

Peanut the mod --- The mod notes and cleaning have nothing to do with people's opinions. It has everything to do with how members are treating each other. Just to clarify that in case it's needed.

Leave a comment:

• Amy-Selic
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Good gravy guys . Flacco is avg . He isnt terrible . Average is meh just like Rastic points out. Hes not the reason you lose but he ain't the reason you win . There that's pretty dang average to me . Average doesnt mean good and it doesnt mean terrible . Now everyone can sleep tonight......your welcome
    Yes but he's not average...hence the discussion

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Good gravy guys . Flacco is avg . He isnt terrible . Average is meh just like Rastic points out. Hes not the reason you lose but he ain't the reason you win . That there is pretty dang average to me . Average doesnt mean good and it doesnt mean terrible . Now everyone can sleep tonight......your welcome

Leave a comment:

• Amy-Selic
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    What I think I'm hearing is two different interpretations of average. One that is much more black and white and another that has more grey.

To me what is puzzling is that with very few exceptions, no one is claiming Flacco is great. There really is no reason to get down on others because they do not share a view of just how bad Flacco is or is not. He's a meh QB on a meh offense with some other prominent meh pieces with plays called by a 1st year and so far meh OC.

Yes rastic no one is saying he's great you're right but they ARE saying he is good enough, which he is not. He's just not, how can it be grey when he ranks at the bottom half of the league? How can it be grey when our offense is one of the worst in the NFL? How can it be grey when he hasn't even outperformed the journeymen we have trotted out the last few years? You know what I mean? It's not getting down on others, its just saying our QB play is not average.

Someone said there is no other option and he's the starter, yes correct, but why does that mean people need to blindly say that he's good enough? Why does that mean he can't be criticized? Why does that mean we can't want better? You're right that there is no current solution, that has already been discussed, but there needs to be one at some point in the future because this cannot keep going as it is. Lock probably needs to start at some point and start gaining experience and/or giving us a look at the future.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    What we don’t get is that the numbers just don’t support the notion that he’s average, and yet you guys just keep insisting he is. It’s puzzling to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Sutton gave his QB a shot at a completion.
    Sutton did nothing above average, Flacco made the toss with pressure in his face. Flacco has his issues, that play isn't one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
    They already planned to trade Flacco . They drafted Jackson to be their Qb. Once he got hurt they played Jackson . If your going to trade a player (and I'm only guessing here but Im pretty sure the Broncos talked to the Ravens before the trade) you dont play that player because if he gets hurt then your screwed. They knew Flacco was gone after the season so they let Jackson finish it out which I think was a good call .
    That's the way I saw it. They did not want him to get hurt. And he was getting paid 20+ Million a year.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    In less than perfect conditions he gave his top WR a legit shot at the ball with pressure in his face.
    Sutton gave his QB a shot at a completion.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Once in a while a quarterback needs to make a play even when conditions aren’t perfect. He got the throw there so he had time, just put it behind Sutton.
    In less than perfect conditions he gave his top WR a legit shot at the ball with pressure in his face.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    That 3rd down pass you're referring to, Freeman missed the blitz pick up, and Flacco couldn't step into the throw.
    Once in a while a quarterback needs to make a play even when conditions aren’t perfect. He got the throw there so he had time, just put it behind Sutton.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    And why would they want to trade him in favor of an unproven rookie if he was an average starting QB? Jackson was pretty bad as a passer last season if you don’t recall.
    They already planned to trade Flacco . They drafted Jackson to be their Qb. Once he got hurt they played Jackson . If your going to trade a player (and I'm only guessing here but Im pretty sure the Broncos talked to the Ravens before the trade) you dont play that player because if he gets hurt then your screwed. They knew Flacco was gone after the season so they let Jackson finish it out which I think was a good call .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X