This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
    I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

Joe Flacco is primarily of ITALIAN descent!

The Godfather is assembling his MOBroncos

- GB2
    Now this is the right attitude to have!
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• The perfect cherry for Elway to throw on top of this train wreck at the QB position? Sign Kaep next year after Flacco shows he’s not the one, I can already see it happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
        I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

Joe Flacco is primarily of ITALIAN descent!

The Godfather is assembling his MOBroncos

- GB2
        You're late to the party, bud -- I did yesterday.

And Flacco's the 4th Ninja Turtle!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
          The perfect cherry for Elway to throw on top of this train wreck at the QB position? Sign Kaep next year after Flacco shows he’s not the one, I can already see it happening.
          Apparently you forgot Elway is at the center of the Kapernick Collusion debacle.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
            Correct, we had no idea if Peyton would even be able to throw again...do you not remember Peyton had neck issues, like Flacco has back issues? Hadn't played a game for longer than Flacco. Your negativity serves no good purpose. If Flacco gets hurt and never plays a game for us, we are out a 4th rd pick. Oh no. What will we ever do without that 4th round pick. Hilarious.
            I do, and we were protected in the contract. Also, it was clear he could throw, he didn’t hop of the operating table and head straight to Denver. He had gone threw plenty of training and testing, and passed every physical with ease. Other than that, Peyton had no injury history. The neck issue is so overblown. He had a few procedures and that was it, no set backs. He was also 100x’s the QB Flacco is, and in the prime of his career. Arguably the best QB in the league and already established as a first round shoe in HOFer. Flacco is quite the opposite. Not a HOFer and considered on of the worst QBs in the league.
            So again, there is no comparison between the 2 signings, it’s laughable when people try to make them, other than each had a ring already.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Apparently you forgot Elway is at the center of the Kapernick Collusion debacle.
              Which is hilarious considering Kaep turned us down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                To be honest, I’m not sure how the number $7 came up for Case for what we would owe him. I know that’s what his base salary is. But for some reason that is the number all the guys on 104.3 the fan say, Troy, and the rest of Twitter keeps throwing out there. However, let’s say it is $28. The goes down to like $18-20 the following year. And again there is no guarantee in hisncontract with us rn. We could pull a Mark Sanchez and cut him before the season starts. Not going to happen but we could.
                His contract included $25M in guaranteed money. He made $18M last year. There is $7M remaining on his guaranteed portion.

Cut him and you incur a $7M cap hit.

HOWEVER, Case has a clause in his contract that says if he is cut and signed by another team, his salary from the other team would reduce the cap hit against DEN.

So once Case is cut we get a $7M hit that can be reduced further once he signs a 1 year $4M backup QB contract with the team of his choosing (hypothetical); resulting is a small penalty ($3M in this example).

IMO it is reasonable to expect Case's hit after being cut and resigned will be less then $5M, and Flacco can be cut at any time without penalty for 3 years straight if we hit on a rookie QB in the next 2 drafts.

- GB2

Comment

I do, and we were protected in the contract. Also, it was clear he could throw, he didn’t hop of the operating table and head straight to Denver. He had gone threw plenty of training and testing, and passed every physical with ease. Other than that, Peyton had no injury history. The neck issue is so overblown. He had a few procedures and that was it, no set backs. He was also 100x’s the QB Flacco is, and in the prime of his career. Arguably the best QB in the league and already established as a first round shoe in HOFer. Flacco is quite the opposite. Not a HOFer and considered on of the worst QBs in the league.
                  So again, there is no comparison between the 2 signings, it’s laughable when people try to make them, other than each had a ring already.
                  I also have heard media arguing that Flacco is elite as often as not. That debate has gone on for years and will always have people on both sides of the arguement. Being out of the AFC North will be great for his body. I never thought that highly of him, but can understand that winners win. What adversity has he not faced and overcome? What else does he have to accomplish to get some credit?

Comment

The perfect cherry for Elway to throw on top of this train wreck at the QB position? Sign Kaep next year after Flacco shows he’s not the one, I can already see it happening.
                    At least that cherry would not involve any cap hit or draft capitol pain.

- GB2

Comment

I also have heard media arguing that Flacco is elite as often as not. That debate has gone on for years and will always have people on both sides of the arguement. Being out of the AFC North will be great for his body. I never thought that highly of him, but can understand that winners win. What adversity has he not faced and overcome? What else does he have to accomplish to get some credit?
                      He played great early in his career, but that was years ago. He hasn’t done much the last few years.
                      Adversity? Well, let’s start with losing his job last season to a rookie, a rookie who isn’t all that impressive.
                      Flacco is a bottom tier QB, no way around it. Any success he had came years ago.

Also, Flacco is not elite, lol. Let’s not get carried away just because the media says so. How many pro bowls has he been to? How have his last 4 seasons gone? To call Flacco elite is disrespectful to the true, elite QBs.
                      Last edited by SMR81; 02-14-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Not much of an improvement, so it has me wondering. Does Elway think this team is really that close to winning by swapping Case with Flacco? Come on John, Wake the heck up!!!

Comment

• What are we doing.....????? I thought trainwreck was just a movie. The only thing I can think of is that Elway plans to take the best available CB (which should be the top or 2nd rated CB in the draft) to address our other big need, and use Flacco to bridge the gap for the next three years to see if they can get their future QB in the upcoming drafts (Trever Lawrence, Justin Herbert....just as examples). Otherwise, why pick up a mediocre QB, strap your cap, not get any better, and burn your 10th pick on another QB. Especially when you need O line and CB help. I would rather stick with the dumpy QB we have now for one more year, save the cap money, and improve in other areas.

Comment

He played great early in his career, but that was years ago. He hasn’t done much the last few years.
                            Adversity? Well, let’s start with losing his job last season to a rookie, a rookie who isn’t all that impressive.
                            Flacco is a bottom tier QB, no way around it. Any success he had came years ago.

Also, Flacco is not elite, lol. Let’s not get carried away just because the media says so. How many pro bowls has he been to? How have his last 4 seasons gone? To call Flacco elite is disrespectful to the true, elite QBs.
                            I am not saying he is, just if you Google Is Flacco elite? You'll find a ton of people debate it. Probowls went to PFM, Rivers, Brady, Ben. Top 12 guys all time. Ravens brawled, Run Heavy. Stafford and Ryan went to tons because of pass heavy offenses, yet have nothing to show for that.

It truly is Ray Lewis's winning percentage and not Flaccos, and trying to follow him as the leader of the Ravens never stood a chance. With our youth on O, he will be able to lead without having to be Ray. First chance for Joe to be free of that pressure.

Comment

• Finally, how many Ravens WR TE or RBs did any of my fellow fantasy football target for your fantasy teams the last few years? Did any of you draft any? I think Iast took Ray Rice or Todd Heap. Fliers on Steve Smith, but that's it for myself.

Comment

Finally, how many Ravens WR TE or RBs did any of my fellow fantasy football target for your fantasy teams the last few years? Did any of you draft any? I think Iast took Ray Rice or Todd Heap. Fliers on Steve Smith, but that's it for myself.
                                I’ll tell you which Raven is always in my fantasy leagues waiver wire.

Joe Flacco
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X