Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flacco

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    Evan Silva tweet. Are you him, if not, should give credit.

    I'm a Baltimore boy - a former Ravens fan (with the departure of Flacco - now a Denver fan). I have watched Flacco his entire career -every game.

    He has been misused and abused by the team and his coaches (Harbaugh) for most of his career. He has never been given competent receivers. And he hasn't had a competent offensive line in years.

    Except for 2014 with Kubiak the Ravens have never played aggressive offense football. The Ravens have been calling a dink and dunk offensive game plan ever since Kubiak left. The Ravens offensive line is and has been atrocious. Joe Flacco is not a West Coast type quarterback. Joe is best in the pocket throwing down field.

    Joe is the only quarterback that I know who has beaten Brady in New England in the playoffs - and he did it twice. He would have done it a third time but Lee Evans dropped a touchdown in the 2011 AFC championship game in New England (that he hand in his hands in the endzone) with seconds to go after Joe drove the Ravens down the field with what would have been a game winning drive. That cost Joe a playoff win in New England and a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 (the year before 2012 when they went to the Superbowl and won it).. He would have done it a 4th time (in 2014) but the Ravens pissed away two different 14 point leads.

    Look at the 2014 playoff game against New England (with Kubiak calling the offense). Joe gave the Ravens two different 14 point leads during that game only to have Harbaugh and the Ravens fritter it way with a non aggressive prevent defense. Joe did all he could - and the Ravens pissed it away. That's been the story in Baltimore for the last five year. Joe gets them the lead (often with 4th quarter comebacks) and Harbaugh steps off the gas and the Ravens defense loses the game.

    The Ravens missed the playoffs in both 2016 and 2017 on (literally) the last play of each of those games - when the Ravens defense collapsed. In both of those game Joe brought them back into the lead with 4th quarter drives. So basically (if you count 2016 and 2017 - when the post season appearance was lost by the Ravens defense) - in Joe's first 10 years (not counting 2018) Joe took the Ravens to six post season appearances - eight if you count 2016 and 2017 when the Ravens defense cost them the game. So 8 of 10 years the Ravens were (or could have been) in the playoffs. One of the other two years Joe went down with an ACL tear.

    If Denver uses Joe correctly - Joe will take Denver to the post season and maybe a Superbowl. Its all up to Denver (my new team)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
      Finally, how many Ravens WR TE or RBs did any of my fellow fantasy football target for your fantasy teams the last few years? Did any of you draft any? I think Iast took Ray Rice or Todd Heap. Fliers on Steve Smith, but that's it for myself.
      Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.
        Uh Snead wasn’t all that great in New Orleans with Brees. So I have to disagree with you on him.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
          What are we doing.....????? I thought trainwreck was just a movie. The only thing I can think of is that Elway plans to take the best available CB (which should be the top or 2nd rated CB in the draft) to address our other big need, and use Flacco to bridge the gap for the next three years to see if they can get their future QB in the upcoming drafts (Trever Lawrence, Justin Herbert....just as examples). Otherwise, why pick up a mediocre QB, strap your cap, not get any better, and burn your 10th pick on another QB. Especially when you need O line and CB help. I would rather stick with the dumpy QB we have now for one more year, save the cap money, and improve in other areas.
          It seems pretty obvious to me what Elway plans:

          1. Get crappy QB
          2. Receive crappy record/awesome draft pick
          3. Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you hit on an elite QB and meantime backfill positions to catapult you into repetitive SB's.
          4. Lose elite talent to the salary cap.
          5. Get crappy QB............
          Canadian Denver Bronco Fan Club #60

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
            Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.
            Crabtree dropped passes (that were right in his hands) right and left for Joe. If you have NFL game pass go back and watch the Ravens first 8 games this year. Morningwig and Harbaugh like to dink and dunk the ball off to running backs. Joe IS NOT A WEST COAST type quarterback - even though the Ravens have tried to make him that for the last 4-5 years. Joe's offensive line was like a sieve - they game him no time.

            All of Joe's "problems" can be traced back to Harbaugh and the type of football that he wants to play. Harbaugh thinks hes the rincarnation of Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler.

            If you give Joe a decent offensive line and an offensive coordinator with half a brain Joe will win for you. Look at his career record - something like 95 Wins and 67 Losses (I'm trying to do this from memory) and 10 Wins and 5 Losses in the playoffs

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
              Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.
              He did. I would not be so high on Crabtree though. Dude dropped a lot of passes from both Flacco and Jackson this year. It's one of the reasons he was available this year. Snead was a good aquisition and Brown played excellent for Flacco as well. He never had s bonafide superstar to throw to though. Sure if you count the guys at the end of their careers like Boldin and Smith. Torrey Smith is probably the best guy they actually drafted and developed.

              I think you'll be happy with Joe.
              Last edited by BustOfPallas; 02-14-2019, 04:52 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                Snead, Crabtree and John Brown....not a bad WR trio. A good QB would make great use of that group.


                Who, Who and Who........
                My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Melemele View Post
                  I'm a Baltimore boy - a former Ravens fan (with the departure of Flacco - now a Denver fan). I have watched Flacco his entire career -every game.

                  He has been misused and abused by the team and his coaches (Harbaugh) for most of his career. He has never been given competent receivers. And he hasn't had a competent offensive line in years.

                  Except for 2014 with Kubiak the Ravens have never played aggressive offense football. The Ravens have been calling a dink and dunk offensive game plan ever since Kubiak left. The Ravens offensive line is and has been atrocious. Joe Flacco is not a West Coast type quarterback. Joe is best in the pocket throwing down field.

                  Joe is the only quarterback that I know who has beaten Brady in New England in the playoffs - and he did it twice. He would have done it a third time but Lee Evans dropped a touchdown in the 2011 AFC championship game in New England (that he hand in his hands in the endzone) with seconds to go after Joe drove the Ravens down the field with what would have been a game winning drive. That cost Joe a playoff win in New England and a trip to the Superbowl in 2011 (the year before 2012 when they went to the Superbowl and won it).. He would have done it a 4th time (in 2014) but the Ravens pissed away two different 14 point leads.

                  Look at the 2014 playoff game against New England (with Kubiak calling the offense). Joe gave the Ravens two different 14 point leads during that game only to have Harbaugh and the Ravens fritter it way with a non aggressive prevent defense. Joe did all he could - and the Ravens pissed it away. That's been the story in Baltimore for the last five year. Joe gets them the lead (often with 4th quarter comebacks) and Harbaugh steps off the gas and the Ravens defense loses the game.

                  The Ravens missed the playoffs in both 2016 and 2017 on (literally) the last play of each of those games - when the Ravens defense collapsed. In both of those game Joe brought them back into the lead with 4th quarter drives. So basically (if you count 2016 and 2017 - when the post season appearance was lost by the Ravens defense) - in Joe's first 10 years (not counting 2018) Joe took the Ravens to six post season appearances - eight if you count 2016 and 2017 when the Ravens defense cost them the game. So 8 of 10 years the Ravens were (or could have been) in the playoffs. One of the other two years Joe went down with an ACL tear.

                  If Denver uses Joe correctly - Joe will take Denver to the post season and maybe a Superbowl. Its all up to Denver (my new team)
                  This might come off as me drinking the Kool Aid, but I think this is a great post. As up and down as Flacco has been over the course of his career, the one thing I've never questioned with him is that he gets it done under the bright lights. The only time the Ravens ever lost in the playoffs under him, it seemed like their vaunted defense gave the game away. I heard a guy on a talk radio program pointing out the same things yesterday, and the host (who also said Beckham is the best receiver in football like it was an unquestionable fact) dismissed him. The host offered up Nick Foles immediately. Problem there, is Nick Foles actually sucked in the post season this year. We've got a sample size of 5 post season games with the Eagles, and he sucked in 2 of them. I know Elway inquired about Foles, and maybe that was due diligence or otherwise, but I'm glad we didn't pay all that money for Foles.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    Uh Snead wasn’t all that great in New Orleans with Brees. So I have to disagree with you on him.
                    Crabtree is done, too. (opinion)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      Uh Snead wasn’t all that great in New Orleans with Brees. So I have to disagree with you on him.
                      He was great in New Orleans to start his career. Near 1k years in each of his first 2 seasons in the NFL as a 3rd or 4th option. Then he dealt with the suspension and injuries in his 3rd season.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        Who, Who and Who........
                        I can’t take you seriously if you don’t know any of those WRs.

                        Comment


                        • I totally get people not being excited but having watched Flacco play every year as a season ticket holder there were a couple things we never had to worry about. Him choking because of pressure. That never happened. Arm strength concerns. None. Toughness. Dude had a rookie undrafted stand in tackle blown up onto and flung onto his knee tearing his ACL. He finished the game with a blown knee. Some people hate how low key he is and not into the histrionics etc.. He's the same guy no matter the pressure, if he's hurt, etc.. His demeanor never changes. I think that's a good quality.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post
                            His contract included $25M in guaranteed money. He made $18M last year. There is $7M remaining on his guaranteed portion.

                            Cut him and you incur a $7M cap hit.

                            HOWEVER, Case has a clause in his contract that says if he is cut and signed by another team, his salary from the other team would reduce the cap hit against DEN.

                            So once Case is cut we get a $7M hit that can be reduced further once he signs a 1 year $4M backup QB contract with the team of his choosing (hypothetical); resulting is a small penalty ($3M in this example).

                            IMO it is reasonable to expect Case's hit after being cut and resigned will be less then $5M, and Flacco can be cut at any time without penalty for 3 years straight if we hit on a rookie QB in the next 2 drafts.

                            - GB2
                            Incorrect. You're not tacking on the signing bonus that hits our cap this year no matter what, you're only covering gtd cash. It is a 10 million hit when he is cut, up to 7 of that can be recouped depending on what he signs for on his new team, but that extra space is credited to next year's cap. We still take the 10 million hit this year no matter what.

                            Comment


                            • Im just saying lets give it a chance and see what other move the Broncos make, Flacco is better than Case.
                              sigpic WHEC-724

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                I can’t take you seriously if you don’t know any of those WRs.
                                I can't take you seriously if that is what you thought. His point was that they mediocre WR at best and basically no names in the NFL world of WR.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X