This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    As has been discussed several times. Can't cut leary. his contract is guaranteed for injury and he is injured.
    Leary’s contract was guaranteed for $18.65 mil and $24 mil for injury (not the entire $35 mil contract). If the Broncos pay out the balance to hit $24 mil the dead money should be $1.75 mil with $7.5 mil cap savings per OTC. Even accounting for injury guarantee there would still be significant cap savings.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      Who, Who and Who........
      Best quote I read about Crabtree, "he's never been the same since having his soul stolen by Talib and Sherman."

Comment

• I remember around this time last year everybody trying to convince me Keenum was a good signing. I guess the Flacco move isn't as terrible as the Keenum signing, but it's still pretty meh.

I just hope they have some kind of plan b in mind at QB this time. It was bad enough overpaying Keenum, but then they added to the bad decisions by not even having another capable QB, when Keenum ultimately fell on his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          I can't take you seriously if that is what you thought. His point was that they mediocre WR at best and basically no names in the NFL world of WR.
          Yeah, not really a concern of mine. Who, who and who doesn’t sound like “they’re mediocre”. It sounds like “ive never heard of them”. Snead and Brown are good WRs stuck with a bottom of the league QB. Crabtree is on the back 9, but can still make plays. Again, stuck with a bad QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            I remember around this time last year everybody trying to convince me Keenum was a good signing. I guess the Flacco move isn't as terrible as the Keenum signing, but it's still pretty meh.

I just hope they have some kind of plan b in mind at QB this time. It was bad enough overpaying Keenum, but then they added to the bad decisions by not even having another capable QB, when Keenum ultimately fell on his face.
            I believe we have the biggest cap numbers at the QB position, those 2 QBs are arguably the worst in the league.
            It literally has gotten worse every year since Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BustOfPallas View Post
              I totally get people not being excited but having watched Flacco play every year as a season ticket holder there were a couple things we never had to worry about. Him choking because of pressure. That never happened. Arm strength concerns. None. Toughness. Dude had a rookie undrafted stand in tackle blown up onto and flung onto his knee tearing his ACL. He finished the game with a blown knee. Some people hate how low key he is and not into the histrionics etc.. He's the same guy no matter the pressure, if he's hurt, etc.. His demeanor never changes. I think that's a good quality.

I see I am not along - another refugee from Baltimore seeking asylum in the west - away from John Schembechler Harbaugh and the mismanaged Baltimore Ravens

Comment

• Soooooooo, say we draft a QB still in the first round. Would you guys still feel like this was a bad decision? I'm not really on the Flacco band wagon, but if we draft a QB, I would feel a whole heck of a lot better about this move. I would feel better in the sense that Flacco would be a 100 times better mentor to a rookie than Case could be. If this is Elway's plan, than I'm totally on board with this. If he's just waiting to draft a QB next year, than I'm also ok with this. By drafting a QB, I'm not talking about this 7 rounder garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                  Soooooooo, say we draft a QB still in the first round. Would you guys still feel like this was a bad decision? I'm not really on the Flacco band wagon, but if we draft a QB, I would feel a whole heck of a lot better about this move. I would feel better in the sense that Flacco would be a 100 times better mentor to a rookie than Case could be. If this is Elway's plan, than I'm totally on board with this. If he's just waiting to draft a QB next year, than I'm also ok with this. By drafting a QB, I'm not talking about this 7 rounder garbage.
                  I believe that would be the plan.
                  2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• While also offering an opportunity to be patient as well. May draft this year or next. Flacco preventing a reach.

Comment

• This move is identical to the plan last year. They signed Keenum as likely a safeguard in the event that they couldn't get Mayfield or Darnold. They couldn't, so they rolled with Keenum all of 2018. Now in 2019, they signed Flacco, as likely as the best vet safeguard in the event that they can't draft Lock. This way we aren't trading up for Lock, and are going BPA at 10 if Lock is gone by then. Or we may even trade back if Lock goes earlier than our first round.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                        Soooooooo, say we draft a QB still in the first round. Would you guys still feel like this was a bad decision? I'm not really on the Flacco band wagon, but if we draft a QB, I would feel a whole heck of a lot better about this move. I would feel better in the sense that Flacco would be a 100 times better mentor to a rookie than Case could be. If this is Elway's plan, than I'm totally on board with this. If he's just waiting to draft a QB next year, than I'm also ok with this. By drafting a QB, I'm not talking about this 7 rounder garbage.
                        Kinda the way I was thinking and hoping.

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        It better just be a 'bridge' move until the rookie we draft is ready.

I didn't want, and still don't want Flacco, and would feel better if he was mobile, but at least he can make every throw (short & deep) and hit his receivers 'in stride'...unlike all the under-throws & over-throws the guy we have now habitually makes. Hopefully that guy will be released/traded soon.

Comment

• Once Keenum does go, we still have Hogan and Grayson here. Could be worse. Definitely does show the need to go high or dont worry about it. Dont think a late rounder will beat out Hogan. And if/when Flacco gets hurt, Cant have Grayson or late rounder as the backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                            Once Keenum does go, we still have Hogan and Grayson here. Could be worse. Definitely does show the need to go high or dont worry about it. Dont think a late rounder will beat out Hogan. And if/when Flacco gets hurt, Cant have Grayson or late rounder as the backup.
                            Hogan might even beat Flacco out.

Comment

• If only we kept Sloter.

Come on, someone had to say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
                                Once Keenum does go, we still have Hogan and Grayson here. Could be worse. Definitely does show the need to go high or dont worry about it. Dont think a late rounder will beat out Hogan. And if/when Flacco gets hurt, Cant have Grayson or late rounder as the backup.
                                I agree with you on that one. Positive vibrations there too! Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X