Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I heard the news, I texted my buddy that the Broncos traded for Joe Flacco. I did a double take at the message I sent, and my iPhone replace Flacco for 'flaccid' - and I thought it perfectly summerzied how I felt and how Joe Flacco's play has been the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      This is just flat wrong.

People always try to say Brady has no weapons. Edelman is nearly uncoverable and Gronk when healthy is the best tight end in the league. He may not have very good receivers after that but I’m sick of people acting like those two aren’t beasts.

Bree’s has arguable the best wr in the entire league in Michael Thomas. I can’t take anyone seriously in the discussion when trying to act like Michael Thomas is a nobody.

Wilson has some talented wr in Doug Baldwin and Tyler Locket. Baldwin was injured a lot this year but normally is a good wr. Seattle’s problem is oline not people to throw too.

You really have to come up with better examples to try to prove your point.
      Man stop now please l. Who was Edelman b4 brady???? Gronkhas not been gronk since the last 3 year plus edel man was suspended a quarter of the season. Stop

He Thomas is not in the top 3 or 4. I would take him over brown, Hopkins, julio, or odel... and that's just 1 wr.....who else does break have???

Wilson really??? Tyler is a one trick pony.....before this year Wilson had no line, no wr, and no running game just stop.

I see you left cam out....again great qbs make wrs....brady does it, brees too. Joe flacco not about to make any of our wrs great. You hold on to that dream....we will see when the season is halfway thru.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
        Nice checkmate move ��
        Not even close he didn't even move a pun with that comeback.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I would feel more comfortable about letting Manny walk if he uses the savings to nab AB. And would also feel better about Flacco giving him that weapon along with Sutton and Patrick.

I still worry about Lt but like you said we will have to wait and see Elways plan for that. Though at least with Bolles it’s more holdings than blindside hits to Flacco’s back.
          Honestly, I don't think Bolles is AS bad as people assume. He's just had trash coaching. I think Munch can make something of him.
          sigpic

Comment

• By the end of the season, the ravens will be willing to give us a 3rd rounder to get JF back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              Man stop now please l. Who was Edelman b4 brady???? Gronkhas not been gronk since the last 3 year plus edel man was suspended a quarter of the season. Stop

He Thomas is not in the top 3 or 4. I would take him over brown, Hopkins, julio, or odel... and that's just 1 wr.....who else does break have???

Wilson really??? Tyler is a one trick pony.....before this year Wilson had no line, no wr, and no running game just stop.

I see you left cam out....again great qbs make wrs....brady does it, brees too. Joe flacco not about to make any of our wrs great. You hold on to that dream....we will see when the season is halfway thru.
              Nice cop out answer....Fairly wrong too.... Gronk only started 11 games last year but still had almost 700 yards, he had almost 1,100 on 14 games last year with 8 TD's. Gonk gets injured and misses games, but Gronk is still the same Gronk as always... His only down year was 2016 where he only started 6 games.

Thomas was 6th in yards with 1,405. Considering just how much Drew Brees spreads the ball around, that's nothing to sneeze at. He also hauled in 9 TD's. He's a legit threat, he's been over 1,100 yards every year of his career and already has 23 TD's in his short 3 years in the league. As far as "who else does he have" Kamara and Watson were the bulk of his remaining receptions with Kamara hauling in 81 catches for 709 yards.

And Cam Newton? Cam isn't that great man... Great runner, I don't care for him personally as a QB. He's highly overated...His top receiver this year was Christian McCaffrey with 867 yards. If you think he's a great QB, that hurts your narrative that great QB's make receivers considering his receivers all suck.
              Last edited by Freyaka; 02-15-2019, 10:06 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey why don't we ask Golden state can we get KD to come play qb is since is so stupidly in love with tall qbs. Dumb move
                To people saying flack had no one to throw to is blah.

Again I say who did brady, breed, network, Wilson, dak, have to throw to and please dont say cooper for dak bc cooper was sucking in la.

The thing is great qbs elevate players games and that's not flacco "imo" worst move. Elway could have waited but he didn't. Behind out line you gonna put a statue with 2 wrs coming off rookie season and Sanders "vet" season ending injury and no t.e. good luck but on the bright side 3 straight years with a top 10 pick.
                Hey never fear, we’re going to be reaching out to some veteran free agents. Expect John to hit up Max Garcia and Jeff Heuerman!!!

Sorry I know it’s no laughing matter but I could t resist.

Comment

I don’t really see why people are so focused on defensive picks now.

If we are going to make Flacco work and keep him healthy we desperately need one of those top LT’s at 10. I’m not saying reach for one but the top one projected is projected top 10. If he lasts to 10 we need him bad.

Although now typing it I hear how that sounds like draft need over BPA. But I have to imagine Jonah Williams is rated pretty high on most boards.
                  We just signed one of the leagues top o-line coaches, we don’t need to go LT. Defense at 10, or trade back and grab some ammunition to move up in next years draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Last year, towards the end of the season our running game got really shut down. Why? Because who in their right freaking mind would respect a deep ball from Case Keenum's noodle arm? I don't like this trade, but Flacco can bomb it deep all day. He doesn't need to be the greatest QB this team has seen to be effective, he needs to be able to throw it deep to sutton and keep defenses honest so they don't shut down Lindsay and Freeman.

Everyone wants to knock on Flacco for not being good, and I agree to an extent. I've seen so many people say that his playoff record wasn't his doing, it was Ray Rice's. Correct to an extent, but having a guy with a cannon arm to keep the defenses from stacking the box is why Ray Rice was able to do what he did.

If Flacco's still got a cannon (yet to be determined) our run game can carry the load.
                    Ray Rice, hmmmm. Are you sureeeee??

Comment

Well, I don't think anyone is arguing that Flacco is as good as Brees, Brady, or Wilson. As far as Prescott goes, I'd take Cooper over anyone on Baltimore's roster, and they run that offense through Zeke Elliott anyway. Baltimore's conventional running game with a combination of Collins and Allen wasn't really comparable. They relied heavily on Flacco until they went to a college offense.

Comment

• Thread cleaned.

This isn't the smack forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81
                          Yeah except they were done with Flacco and new it. They did not draft a QB to keep him on the bench. If they thought anything of Flacco, they would have built around him rather than replaced him.
                          Colts were done with Manning too. It happens. Teams decide to move on. I'm not saying Flacco's going to be great, but why don't we at least wait until camp before we all rage quit on the season.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
                            By the end of the season, the ravens will be willing to give us a 3rd rounder to get JF back.
                            Very True I think they will be on the phone trying to give us a 1st lol.. In all reality Joe is a SB Wining QB who can Throw the Ball on the Money unlike Case and We will all see and Do not be Surprised if Joe can get back us back into the Playoffs...

Comment

• I bet Flacco will be happy playing in Denver, after all, this is where he had one of his biggest career highlights.
                              Hopefully he can make some more Mile High Magic happen, And this time It's for the Home team.

Comment

• I by no means think he's going to be great, but let's pump the brakes for now. He is an upgrade over Case if nothing else because he can take deep shots down the field with more accuracy and velocity.

We have a lot of needs right now. Frankly, this probably isn't the best year to "find our future QB" because this team isn't in the position to support a QBOTF. We need to fix our o-line. Until we do that, we could have Brady in his prime back there and he'd fail. Flacco will hold down the fort while we put all the pieces together in draft and FA this year. I think our QBOTF will be in next years draft.

This year we need o-line, CB, MLB, maybe another WR and TE. Some of those things will be in the draft, some in FA. Once we get that sorted out, we'll have the pieces in place to properly support a rookie QB and give him the best chance of success.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X