This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Colts were done with Manning too. It happens. Teams decide to move on. I'm not saying Flacco's going to be great, but why don't we at least wait until camp before we all rage quit on the season.
    I completely agree. Personally, I would have preferred Foles, mainly because of his crunch-time performances and his age. But I can only imagine how this board would have exploded if we had traded for him instead of Flacco. I believe it is unanimous on this Board that taking Flacco makes the Broncos better. How much better is yet to be determined.

In any case, this is a DONE DEAL, and if people are so livid over the deal, and are so adamantly against the Broncos trading for Flacco, there are many other NFL teams to follow. Me? I'm going to wait to see what happens with Keenum's Contract, what happens at the Combine, and what we do in the Draft AND FA.

It should be fascinating.
    Last edited by gtown53; 02-15-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
      I completely agree. Personally, I would have preferred Foles, mainly because of his crunch-time performances and his age. But I can only imagine how this board would have exploded if we had traded for him instead of Flacco. I believe it is unanimous on this Board that taking Flacco makes the Broncos better. How much better is yet to be determined.

In any case, this is a DONE DEAL, and if people are so livid over the deal, and are so adamantly against the Broncos trading for Flacco, there are many other NFL teams to follow. Me? I'm going to wait to see what happens with Keenum's Contract, what happens at the Combine, and what we do in the Draft.

It should be fascinating.
      Yea Foles was my go to choice as well because I think he's going to be in the league longer and has a higher upside, but we didn't get Foles, we got Flacco. No use crying over spilt milk, he's our QB so for now, lets give him a little time to see what he does in orange and blue. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Hopefully Elway does the right thing and finds us other options.
      sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Bolles is AS bad as people assume. He's just had trash coaching. I think Munch can make something of him.
        Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
        We just signed one of the leagues top o-line coaches, we don’t need to go LT. Defense at 10, or trade back and grab some ammunition to move up in next years draft.
        I mean I hope so on both accounts but until i see it on the field I’m going to be skeptical.

Even if munchak improves Bolles and some of the rest of the line (like a healthy Leary and put him back on the left side where he belongs). But even then if we move on from Veldheer then we have a worse nosebleed at RT than Bolles is at left. So we would still need a tackle high.

And before you say don’t take a RT top 15 the Titans did it and it was working until Marriotta regressed.
        sigpic

Comment

Colts were done with Manning too. It happens. Teams decide to move on. I'm not saying Flacco's going to be great, but why don't we at least wait until camp before we all rage quit on the season.
          Flacco is not Manning, that comparison does not work. The Colts also had Luck to fall back on. Two completely different situations that people don’t seem to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
            I mean I hope so on both accounts but until i see it on the field I’m going to be skeptical.

Even if munchak improves Bolles and some of the rest of the line (like a healthy Leary and put him back on the left side where he belongs). But even then if we move on from Veldheer then we have a worse nosebleed at RT than Bolles is at left. So we would still need a tackle high.

And before you say don’t take a RT top 15 the Titans did it and it was working until Marriotta regressed.
            I don't see it as taking a RT in the top 15. I see it as taking a Tackle, ............ period. It could very well happen that the Tackle we take ends up on the Left side, and Bolles is moved to RT, or even to a Guard position. I like the idea of taking a Tackle at 10 when it is becoming clear that there is a decent amount of talent at the Tackle position that will be available in the 1st Round.

Comment

• When Manning came to Denver he had won 1 Bowl. When Flacco came to Denver he had won 1 Super Bowl.
              They were both in there middle 30's, so there are a few things that are the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                When Manning came to Denver he had won 1 Bowl. When Flacco came to Denver he had won 1 Super Bowl.
                They were both in there middle 30's, so there are a few things that are the same.
                Maybe Flacco will be a shoe in HOFer as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Flacco is not Manning, that comparison does not work. The Colts also had Luck to fall back on. Two completely different situations that people don’t seem to understand.
                  You don't have to be happy about it, but he's our QB. Sometimes a change of scenery does a QB good. Take a breather and see what happens once he's been on the team for a few months. Worst case scenario, he sucks next year, we cut him with zero dead money and then draft his replacement with the high draft pick. Life goes on.

It's a 4th round draft pick...It's not like we gave up much of anything for him and because we traded DT for a 4th, we had a 4th to spare. I'm not happy with the trade, but it does no one any good just spewing non-stop negativity about it either. He's either going to work out, or he won't. In the meantime, he has my support because he's the starting QB for the Broncos. I want the team to be successful, for us to be successful, it works best if he plays well so i'm hoping for that even if it isn't realistic.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                    I don't see it as taking a RT in the top 15. I see it as taking a Tackle, ............ period. It could very well happen that the Tackle we take ends up on the Left side, and Bolles is moved to RT, or even to a Guard position. I like the idea of taking a Tackle at 10 when it is becoming clear that there is a decent amount of talent at the Tackle position that will be available in the 1st Round.
                    Thank you. You worded my thoughts in a better well thought out format than I did.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't think ANYONE is saying that. I don't think really anyone's saying that they are overly happy with the Flacco trade, we're just trying to find some positives in a not so positive situation. Maybe try recognizing that and cutting your fellow posters a little slack on this one?
                      sigpic

Comment

You don't have to be happy about it, but he's our QB. Sometimes a change of scenery does a QB good. Take a breather and see what happens once he's been on the team for a few months. Worst case scenario, he sucks next year, we cut him with zero dead money and then draft his replacement with the high draft pick. Life goes on.

It's a 4th round draft pick...It's not like we gave up much of anything for him and because we traded DT for a 4th, we had a 4th to spare. I'm not happy with the trade, but it does no one any good just spewing non-stop negativity about it either. He's either going to work out, or he won't. In the meantime, he has my support because he's the starting QB for the Broncos. I want the team to be successful, for us to be successful, it works best if he plays well so i'm hoping for that even if it isn't realistic.
                        Same with Case last year. Now that he is going to be on the roster we have no choice but to be on board with it and hope Elway struck gold where the rest of us saw at best Bronze.

I’m honestly more upset at the salary value for him than the 4th round pick.

Moving on from Bmarsh will help absorb some. And when we move on from Case that will as well. But until that actually happens I’m currently not happy about only having $16mil left to spend on free agents to improve so many holes on this roster.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 16TheSnake
                          Don't kid yourself. On the field Kelly would have become the starter last year; it was his off the field actions that denied what would have been the natural progression of last year's best QB on the active roster.

- GB2
                          I agree, I think that if a Kelly didn’t screw up. He would have started at some point during last year.

Comment

Not sure about that, but it would be nice if he won a Super Bowl for us!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              Same with Case last year. Now that he is going to be on the roster we have no choice but to be on board with it and hope Elway struck gold where the rest of us saw at best Bronze.

I’m honestly more upset at the salary value for him than the 4th round pick.

Moving on from Bmarsh will help absorb some. And when we move on from Case that will as well. But until that actually happens I’m currently not happy about only having $16mil left to spend on free agents to improve so many holes on this roster.
                              The salary portion will work itself out in the long run, not overly concerned about that part. It's early, Elway always does cap magic, we'll make it work out in the end. We'll have a lot more than $16M when all is said and done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                                I think you're both right.

Manning had an even bigger question mark hanging over his head - big risk, big reward.

The Colts, on the other hand, were willing to part with Manning and go with Luck. For them why take a risk with one of the few for sure starting QBs to enter the league?

Comment

Working...
                                X