Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun fact, a Blue Moon occurs once every 2.7 years.

More rare are leap years with a February that does not have a full moon. Doesn't role of the tongue so well as "once in a blue moon" does though, does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Fun fact, a Blue Moon occurs once every 2.7 years.

More rare are leap years with a February that does not have a full moon. Doesn't role of the tongue so well as "once in a blue moon" does though, does it?
      That's cool . Never even thought about why they say blue moon. 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Umm Flacco was traded for not signed as a free agent. It should have 0 bearing on free agents. He isn’t signing a player and then cutting him.

Besides he did exactly that to mark Sanchez 3 years ago.
        I think what he meant is if we Do cut Flacco as we did with Sanchez, not today. But in the future, next year and beyond the team gets a reputation of this and Free agents may not want to associate with the Broncos. Funny how a stigma follows you.

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz View Post
          I think what he meant is if we Do cut Flacco as we did with Sanchez, not today. But in the future, next year and beyond the team gets a reputation of this and Free agents may not want to associate with the Broncos. Funny how a stigma follows you.
          Exactly right. Everyone, including Sanchez, assumed he was the starting QB when we signed him. And Siemian beat out Sanchez, fair and square. And our big FA QB signing is kicked to the curb.

If we were to Draft a QB such as Lock (which I doubt we do), it is most likely that he will sit on the bench to learn unless their is an injury to Flacco, or the team falls flat on it's face. And, IMO, there is no way that Lock beats out Flacco in pre-season as Siemian beat out Sanchez. If it had been Flacco instead of Sanchez, there is no way that Siemian would have been the Starter. I watched the Baltimore-Denver and Baltimore-New Orleans, from this past season, and Flacco looked great. Lock, or whoever, would have to be a damned good QB to beat out the Flacco that I saw. And I can't believe that Flacco is being signed as some ploy to cover ourselves if we Draft a QB.

But, we will see. I think we are getting off to a great start with the new Coaching Staff including Scangarello and Munchak, and the acquisition of Flacco. We are already better than we were last season.
          Last edited by gtown53; 02-15-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• It’s official. Broncos might as well become the Denver Browns. To think that Broncos can compete with an old declining QB who was just replaced with an RB is delusional. There’s a reason Baltimore passed on him just like there was a reason the Vikings passed on Keenum.

Most important position on team and Elway is content to just throw in whatever veteran is available and hope it works. Lets not put work into a rookie and do it the right way. Nope, we’ll just live off of other teams’ rejects and make a push to go 8-8 next season at best.

So how many Broncos fans have a strong connection with Joe Flacco? How many Flacco jerseys are being sold next year? I put the over/under at 3.

Until Elway is gone, this team is doomed. He’ll keep grasping at straws, keep trying to plug holes in a sinking ship that everyone else in the league sees but him. Broncos fans need to brace themselves and look forward to 2022 when tje rebuild can begin in earnest.

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz View Post
              Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
              Exactly right. Everyone, including Sanchez, assumed he was the starting QB when we signed him. And Siemian beat out Sanchez, fair and square. And our big FA QB signing is kicked to the curb.

If we were to Draft a QB such as Lock (which I doubt we do), it is most likely that he will sit on the bench to learn unless their is an injury to Flacco, or the team falls flat on it's face. And, IMO, there is no way that Lock beats out Flacco in pre-season as Siemian beat out Sanchez. If it had been Flacco instead of Sanchez, there is no way that Siemian would have been the Starter. I watched the Baltimore-Denver and Baltimore-New Orleans, from this past season, and Flacco looked great. Lock, or whoever, would have to be a damned good QB to beat out the Flacco that I saw. And I can't believe that Flacco is being signed as some ploy to cover ourselves if we Draft a QB.

But, we will see. I think we are getting off to a great start with the new Coaching Staff including Scangarello and Munchak, and the acquisition of Flacco. We are already better than we were last season.
              And what my point was that you two seem to still not Understand is that we traded for Flacco not signed him via free agency.

It’s complete apples to oranges if we decide to cut him and the impact on free agents is irrelevant to the discussion. No free agent is going to bat an eye if we cut Flacco in August.

It’s not the same at all.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                And what my point was that you two seem to still not Understand is that we traded for Flacco not signed him via free agency.

It’s complete apples to oranges if we decide to cut him and the impact on free agents is irrelevant to the discussion. No free agent is going to bat an eye if we cut Flacco in August.

It’s not the same at all.
                We can cut him and it cost us nothing more than a 4th round lost right? There are no money implications??

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  We can cut him and it cost us nothing more than a 4th round lost right? There are no money implications??
                  Exactly...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Three QBs started in 2017 and, after the season, it was clear there were problems at that position (especially ball security) An effort was made to address these issues and one QB started in 2018, but there were still problems at that spot. QB problems can be the player, the system, the coaching, the skill players, the offensive line or all or some of these.

Starting QBs in free agency are few and expensive. Starting QBs available for trade are just as rare, but can be less expensive. The Joe Flacco trade should be considered part, but not the total of an unfolding plan. There has been speculation including trading for Nick Mullens or signing Bo Levi Mitchell. I guess either one of those could happen. There has been speculation about drafting a QB in the first round, or drafting one later all of which are possibilities. Then there is what to do with Keenum, Hogan and Grayson. It's possible the Broncos could take more than three QBs to TC. It seems likely Denver will carry three QBs either on the roster, or roster and PS. The Flacco acquisition affords Denver flexibility since limited resources have been allocated.

The offensive system has been addressed with new OC Scangarello, new QB coach, TE coach, offensive assistant and two new O-Line coaches one of whom is tops and the other a former Bronco. Two assistants from the previous staff were retained. We'll see if they can establish chemistry with each other and the players and if that will translate to the field on game day.

Five rookie skill players got quite a bit of playing experience last year. We'll see if free agents, trades or rookies are added to the roster. The group looks solid except for the TE position which has been plagued by injury. Fumagalli, Heuerman and Butt went on IR. LaCosse and Parker got a lot of playing time and Hemingway was added for depth. We'll see if they think they have the guys they need, or another TE will be acquired somehow.

The O-Line has been a problem for years. Besides QB, it's the part of the offense that will receive the most attention. That may be through free agency as well as the draft. Scangarello and Munchak will need to communicate to the front office exactly what kind of O-Linemen they need. That will mostly depend on what kind of run blocking they expect to rely on for the rushing attack which is expected to be part of a balanced offense.

How much gas Flacco has left in the tank and how effective he can be in the new O are best evaluated by Denver's scouts, coaches and FO. They seem to think he can contribute and his acquisition isn't so high priced that it precludes other options either in free agency or the draft at the QB or other positions. They don't need to reach for a QB in the first round and they don't need to move up. Depending on how they evaluate the pool of talent available in the Draft, they could even consider offers to move back.

If the Broncos can follow up on last year's draft class with another as good and sign a couple of key free agents, they can be back into contention for a Division title. Vic Fangio's no nonsense emphasis on discipline, accountability and solid, fundamental coaching makes that a possibility. Denver lost six games last year by a total of 23 points. I'm looking forward to 2019.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Nice post Sam! Wish there was a like button for options on posts along with the "reply"

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        Nice post Sam! Wish there was a like button for options on posts along with the "reply"
                        Yeah a "Like" or "Dislike" button would be awesome.
                        [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                        Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                          Nice post Sam! Wish there was a like button for options on posts along with the "reply"
                          Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                          Yeah a "Like" or "Dislike" button would be awesome.
                          CP’s are a good way to show people you like what they post.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Was just gonna say that !

CP Sam. Excellent post.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Holger_Danske View Post
                              It seems pretty obvious to me what Elway plans:

1. Get crappy QB
                              2. Receive crappy record/awesome draft pick
                              3. Lather, Rinse, Repeat until you hit on an elite QB and meantime backfill positions to catapult you into repetitive SB's.
                              4. Lose elite talent to the salary cap.
                              5. Get crappy QB............
                              This QB situation is halfway sewn up but for the $$. Somehow get Keenum out w/ a savings. Institute a reputable backup QB such as the one Baltimore has taking Flacco's place there. Not a shorter pocket passer the likes of Breeze, but a gamer w/ legs the likes of Hill (no. 7). Murray is now reportedly a bit under 5'-9" though accurate, but w/ our OL that won't work, and we do have Hogan. Someone like Josh Allen, or even Russel Wilson (a good work ethic). Now, after Munchak gets the OL in order - getting LT to think/concentrate more effectively is tantamount to the Bronco's success while the run game will continue to improve w/ Flacco's experience.

Paramount to reaching the postseason/SB though is @ TE, ILB, DL, and regrouping at DBs especially safety when we have to face division opponents that can hit the long one while testing the grit of the LBs inside/pass coverage - strength/quickness/savvy.

All in all, couldn't do better than Flacco for instituting an all around effective offense aside from whatever it is NE does to roll thru the post season like they do. A mystery of talent? discipline? lifestyle(s)? training? you name it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
                                It’s official. Broncos might as well become the Denver Browns. To think that Broncos can compete with an old declining QB who was just replaced with an RB is delusional. There’s a reason Baltimore passed on him just like there was a reason the Vikings passed on Keenum.

Most important position on team and Elway is content to just throw in whatever veteran is available and hope it works. Lets not put work into a rookie and do it the right way. Nope, we’ll just live off of other teams’ rejects and make a push to go 8-8 next season at best.

So how many Broncos fans have a strong connection with Joe Flacco? How many Flacco jerseys are being sold next year? I put the over/under at 3.

Until Elway is gone, this team is doomed. He’ll keep grasping at straws, keep trying to plug holes in a sinking ship that everyone else in the league sees but him. Broncos fans need to brace themselves and look forward to 2022 when tje rebuild can begin in earnest.
                                Man...must suck having the sky constantly falling on your face. Dial it back a notch at least until the offseason plays out....

Look at the last couple of years and QB's drafted. Rams bring in Case Keenum, draft Jared Goff. Bears, pay a lot for Mike Glennon, draft Mitch Trubisky., Chiefs? They got Alex Smith, draft Mahomes. Eagles? They brought in Sam Bradford and drafted Carson Wentz.

This literally happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR with some team. You have to have a starting point at QB. Case Keenum is a TERRIBLE starting point, Flacco is a better one. We'll draft a QB this year or next and he'll take over flacco's job. It's the nature of things.

Everyone needs to lay off the knee jerk reactions and just wait and see what goes down over the next 3-4 months.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X