This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Man...must suck having the sky constantly falling on your face. Dial it back a notch at least until the offseason plays out....

Look at the last couple of years and QB's drafted. Rams bring in Case Keenum, draft Jared Goff. Bears, pay a lot for Mike Glennon, draft Mitch Trubisky., Chiefs? They got Alex Smith, draft Mahomes. Eagles? They brought in Sam Bradford and drafted Carson Wentz.

This literally happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR with some team. You have to have a starting point at QB. Case Keenum is a TERRIBLE starting point, Flacco is a better one. We'll draft a QB this year or next and he'll take over flacco's job. It's the nature of things.

Everyone needs to lay off the knee jerk reactions and just wait and see what goes down over the next 3-4 months.
    The sky is falling. There is ZERO reason to put us through another crap QB in another season where we aren’t competing for anything. All it does is put another 10 million in the QB position which is one of the worst in the league. When we drop Keenum we’ll have another 10 million in dead cap plus 18.5 million owed to Flacco. So 28.5 million going to that position. It’s Aaron Rodgers money for a guy that is 6 years past his prime and probably bottom five in league. Now we don’t have 10 millon we could be paying a guy like Paradis who ACTUALLY could help us out in the future. Oh, also lost a 4th round draft pick. It’s just so impatient and short-sighted. It makes no sense if you look at the big picture and assess where this team is actually at.

Comment

• So what jersey are you getting next year? Eli Manning? Blake Bortles? Whatever teams’ washed up QB that Elway takes on? Oh, and meanwhile we’re left wondering what happened after we went 6-10 last year with Flacco.

I want the Broncos to embrace a rebuild. Build the team up from the roots. Think beyond next season and get a system in place that is sustainable. This quick-fix strategy doesn’t work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oust_Elway View Post
        The sky is falling. There is ZERO reason to put us through another crap QB in another season where we aren’t competing for anything. All it does is put another 10 million in the QB position which is one of the worst in the league. When we drop Keenum we’ll have another 10 million in dead cap plus 18.5 million owed to Flacco. So 28.5 million going to that position. It’s Aaron Rodgers money for a guy that is 6 years past his prime and probably bottom five in league. Now we don’t have 10 millon we could be paying a guy like Paradis who ACTUALLY could help us out in the future. Oh, also lost a 4th round draft pick. It’s just so impatient and short-sighted. It makes no sense if you look at the big picture and assess where this team is actually at.
        Sorry, but your post is so impatient and short-sighted. It makes no sense if you look at the big picture and assess where this team is actually at.

Comment

We had 6 losses by a combined 23 points last season. Can Flacco, a new coaching staff, and a new offseason of additions get us those 4 more points a game to win those games? I think they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflee66 View Post
            Sorry, but your post is so impatient and short-sighted. It makes no sense if you look at the big picture and assess where this team is actually at.
            Ha...why is it short sighted? What great benefit does Joe Flacco bring? You think we’re going to magically compete with two
            12-4 teams in this division now that we got a QB who’s 6 years past his prime? Now we can go 8-8 instead of 6-10 and have the 18th pick in 2020 instead of the 10th? So now we can’t trade up for Fromm or Tua and we’re further off from competing than what we would have been if we just stuck with keenum.

Comment

• Welcome to Denver Broncos Country Joe Flacco.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZz3yN4x20 !!!!!

Comment

Ha...why is it short sighted? What great benefit does Joe Flacco bring? You think we’re going to magically compete with two
                12-4 teams in this division now that we got a QB who’s 6 years past his prime? Now we can go 8-8 instead of 6-10 and have the 18th pick in 2020 instead of the 10th? So now we can’t trade up for Fromm or Tua and we’re further off from competing than what we would have been if we just stuck with keenum.
                I agree, we will end up 8-8 or 9-7 and be out of the Fromm or Tua race which is why they need to take the QB this draft....imo

Comment

So what jersey are you getting next year? Eli Manning? Blake Bortles? Whatever teams’ washed up QB that Elway takes on? Oh, and meanwhile we’re left wondering what happened after we went 6-10 last year with Flacco.

I want the Broncos to embrace a rebuild. Build the team up from the roots. Think beyond next season and get a system in place that is sustainable. This quick-fix strategy doesn’t work.
                  You remind me of coach Reeves back in the early nineties. He started thinking JE was the whole problem as well. It was JE's fault we couldn't win all the SBs we had been going to. So Dan wasted a 1st rounder on QB and we all know who got ousted after that move....... and how the rest of the story goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    I agree, we will end up 8-8 or 9-7 and be out of the Fromm or Tua race which is why they need to take the QB this draft....imo
                    But I don’t think that’s going to happen. I honestly think it’s ALL about next year and they’ll take a CB or LB that can help them now in the first round. I think Elway is going for broke and will invest everything he can into winning now. I think it’s an irresponsible way to manage a franchise but it’s what we’re stuck with right now. I don’t think they draft a QB. It’s all about Flacco and winning in 2020.

Comment

• I honestly no longer want to be near the Top of the Draft anymore I would like to pick last in the 1st round......

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                        I honestly no longer want to be near the Top of the Draft anymore I would like to pick last in the 1st round......
                        Why? Best way to get the best players. Best chance of finally getting a QB who isn’t a 1-2 year solution.

Also, with how this team is being managed, there’s little chance of Broncos picking last in upcoming drafts...unless they make a draft trade with the Pats.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Three QBs started in 2017 and, after the season, it was clear there were problems at that position (especially ball security) An effort was made to address these issues and one QB started in 2018, but there were still problems at that spot. QB problems can be the player, the system, the coaching, the skill players, the offensive line or all or some of these.

Starting QBs in free agency are few and expensive. Starting QBs available for trade are just as rare, but can be less expensive. The Joe Flacco trade should be considered part, but not the total of an unfolding plan. There has been speculation including trading for Nick Mullens or signing Bo Levi Mitchell. I guess either one of those could happen. There has been speculation about drafting a QB in the first round, or drafting one later all of which are possibilities. Then there is what to do with Keenum, Hogan and Grayson. It's possible the Broncos could take more than three QBs to TC. It seems likely Denver will carry three QBs either on the roster, or roster and PS. The Flacco acquisition affords Denver flexibility since limited resources have been allocated.

The offensive system has been addressed with new OC Scangarello, new QB coach, TE coach, offensive assistant and two new O-Line coaches one of whom is tops and the other a former Bronco. Two assistants from the previous staff were retained. We'll see if they can establish chemistry with each other and the players and if that will translate to the field on game day.

Five rookie skill players got quite a bit of playing experience last year. We'll see if free agents, trades or rookies are added to the roster. The group looks solid except for the TE position which has been plagued by injury. Fumagalli, Heuerman and Butt went on IR. LaCosse and Parker got a lot of playing time and Hemingway was added for depth. We'll see if they think they have the guys they need, or another TE will be acquired somehow.

The O-Line has been a problem for years. Besides QB, it's the part of the offense that will receive the most attention. That may be through free agency as well as the draft. Scangarello and Munchak will need to communicate to the front office exactly what kind of O-Linemen they need. That will mostly depend on what kind of run blocking they expect to rely on for the rushing attack which is expected to be part of a balanced offense.

How much gas Flacco has left in the tank and how effective he can be in the new O are best evaluated by Denver's scouts, coaches and FO. They seem to think he can contribute and his acquisition isn't so high priced that it precludes other options either in free agency or the draft at the QB or other positions. They don't need to reach for a QB in the first round and they don't need to move up. Depending on how they evaluate the pool of talent available in the Draft, they could even consider offers to move back.

If the Broncos can follow up on last year's draft class with another as good and sign a couple of key free agents, they can be back into contention for a Division title. Vic Fangio's no nonsense emphasis on discipline, accountability and solid, fundamental coaching makes that a possibility. Denver lost six games last year by a total of 23 points. I'm looking forward to 2019.
                          Well said Sam.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                            We had 6 losses by a combined 23 points last season. Can Flacco, a new coaching staff, and a new offseason of additions get us those 4 more points a game to win those games? I think they can.
                            Your record is your record. We can go the other way to. Do you think we can count on those two wins against the chargers and the steelers where broncos were dominated in every category except turnovers? We had 4 turnovers against the steelers and barely won. I think someone who looks at those games objectively would never call the broncos the better team. Just lucky. It’s not a good team, and Flacco is such a marginal upgrade at QB it won’t matter. He’s a statue to. At least keenum had some mobility.

I will agree that I think Fangio will be an upgrade over Joseph. How much does that count for? I don’t know.

Comment

But I don’t think that’s going to happen. I honestly think it’s ALL about next year and they’ll take a CB or LB that can help them now in the first round. I think Elway is going for broke and will invest everything he can into winning now. I think it’s an irresponsible way to manage a franchise but it’s what we’re stuck with right now. I don’t think they draft a QB. It’s all about Flacco and winning in 2020.
                              Why can't he do both? Sign the free agents he needs to help win now and draft the QB for the future? You can't tell me that a rookie LB will outplay or be that much better than Mosley or a rookie CB be better than Darby or Callahan

Comment

What you don't know about building a roster you could just about squeeze into the Grand Canyon...

Also, guessing you're a dupe account. The instant comparison to the Browns gives a good idea who. Hoping the mods shut this nonsense down.

Comment

Working...
                                X